SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton v Rovers

Eddie

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

I'm friendly with one of the Charlton players so going to this one despite despising everything about the regime.

As a result I should have the opportunity to get within close quarters to Kean. Trying to think what to say/do without getting myself/him in any kind of trouble. Suggestions welcome on how to merk the maggot are extremely welcome.

Kick the sh1t out of him without remorse- sure it will feel spectacular!!

I'm friendly with one of the Charlton players so going to this one despite despising everything about the regime.

As a result I should have the opportunity to get within close quarters to Kean. Trying to think what to say/do without getting myself/him in any kind of trouble. Suggestions welcome on how to merk the maggot are extremely welcome.

If you're in the Charlton section then you can be fairly direct, I would imagine. As long as you don't say anything too obscene or overly offensive then I can see no reason why they would kick you out.

Hoping to see a win but will settle for a point here and a point at Forest. If Kean is going in the near future we simply can't afford to be dropping too many points while we await a new manager being installed. It will present the owners with an interesting problem if we play well in these next two matches and win them both. Perhaps it's not likely, but if it were to happen it would be interesting to see what they would do. By their indecision the owners have got themselves in a classic Catch-22 situation. We need to win at Charlton and get something at Forest if we are hoping to get promotion - and it's clear from a financial point of view that has to happen - and yet two good results combined with good performances will make it more difficult to get rid of the manager.

Bang on the money yet again Parson.

Four points from Charlton and Forest would represent a very good return imo.

I actually think this match is the more winnable of the two and we could do with it really to rid ourselves of any hangover caused by the Boro debacle.

If you're in the Charlton section then you can be fairly direct, I would imagine. As long as you don't say anything too obscene or overly offensive then I can see no reason why they would kick you out.

That shouldn't be a problem as I'm a guest for the day so a face to face encounter post match should be likely with a small bit of effort. One of those occasions where you've thought for months about all the things you'd like to say to the cretin given the opportunity.

I think we will win this game and play well just to put a spanner in the works and give Kean more time to save himself. I can see the slimmy bald one getting 7 points from next three games and saving himself. 3-1 Rovers

Doesnt matter what he does now, he cant recover from this!!

Really good preview, Eddie; thanks. This is one weird situation, isn't it? Most of our attention is on how much longer we have to endure Coco as "manager" and yet there's a game coming up which could have a real effect on the outcome we all [?] want.

My days of trogging off to every away game taking place within 10 miles of some friend who'd put me up for the weekend are long over, so I won't be at The Valley. But if I were there, while I never want us to lose, this is one game I'd be less worried about losing in the hope that the result would be the final one of the Kean Era. The snag to that line of thought is that Charlton haven't made a good start to their season and that goals have been hard to come by down there [3 League games; only 4 goals scored]. So I can imagine us winning which in the short-term is good because it keeps us at or near the top of the table but in the long term might strength Coco's position as "manager".

In the same spirit of unity as the majority of Man Utd & Liverpool fans showed last Sunday, it'd also be nice to imagine all four sides of the ground chanting "Sacked in the morning"!

I think it's now fairly clear that Kean is a gonner. All I want now is 3 points for rovers. We can't afford to drop too many points if we want to go up. We also have to go up this year or we're screwed financially.

Indeed. Three points won or lost on Saturday could make the difference between going up or not come the end of the season.

You just never know.

I think it's now fairly clear that Kean is a gonner. All I want now is 3 points for rovers. We can't afford to drop too many points if we want to go up. We also have to go up this year or we're screwed financially.

Couldn't agree more Ricky which is why it is madness for Venky's to allow Kean to be anywhere near the team from this point on. If they are getting rid then put him on gardening leave until they have reached an agreement over his settlement. If he is at the Valley on Saturday the travelling support are clearly going to give him stick and I doubt if the players are going to be up for the game knowing that he is on the point of leaving. If Venky's leave him in charge on Saturday it really does show just how inept they really are.

I'm just Sick of this now and want the nightmare over to the point where I don't think I could celebrate a win if Kean is still there

That's a bit like saying "I don't mind if we miss out on promotion by one or two points."

It's simple in my view. We need to continue to win games irrespective of whether Kean is in charge. However like Parson says any last vestiges of credibility Kean had were removed by last weekend's events so every single game he remains in charge make it less likely we'll get the points we need. So he needs to go now. If for some reason the inevitable is delayed we still need the points in the meantime.

It depends what's been agreed, gaz. If it's Kean's last chance to save his job then I think most people, begrudgingly or not, would want a Charlton win.

But if the decision has already been made to remove Kean as manager (note how carefully that's worded!) then I'd want the three points.

If the decision for Kean to be removed as manager, then he should be not on the bench on saturday. He's lost the players faith, not to mention the fans. I am just hoping for the right outcome and thats for kean to be sacked before saturday's game and rovers gain 3 vital points on the road!!

Hopefully Kean will be nowhere near the side on Saturday and will leave it to the professionals to manage the team.

That way, we might have a chance of taking some points from the game rather than the handicap we currently have to work with.

Powell said: “They started off very well.

“.. the position they are in is fine.

“I’ve got to say I don’t understand the abuse that’s been aimed at Steve Kean.

“It is obvious at that club there is a lot going on and a lot that is not conducive to having a happy football club.

“Why don’t you let the man get on with his job?

“If he is your manager you let him get on with his job with his group of players.”

http://www.newsshopp..._Blackburn_job/

God bless the mandatory LMA pre-game lovefests.

This is my favourite quote...

“I don’t see it as a good or bad time to play them because whatever is going on up there I’m not party to, like most of us.

So you admit to not having a scooby of what's going on yet still somehow have worked out that Kean is in the right and we are in the wrong.

Archived