BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Charlton v Rovers

Eddie

So another opposition manager in ''stick up for poor wee Stevie'' shocker.

To be fair to the guy if I was one of the other 23 managers in the league I'd want a tactically inept weasel such as Kean in charge of the strongest squad in the league, by backing him they're probably thinking it'll keep the deluded one in his job longer.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

It depends what's been agreed, gaz. If it's Kean's last chance to save his job then I think most people, begrudgingly or not, would want a Charlton win.

But if the decision has already been made to remove Kean as manager (note how carefully that's worded!) then I'd want the three points.

Problem is, we all know how Venky's are with "decisions". A win could very well reverse any decision they've made and they'll give him a new five year contract and a pay rise.

Yes we need the points, however, if Kean is still at the helm, I think it's a home banker.

Lots of speculation that the dressing room is now lost, if Kean ever had it all as a 'proper manager' would, and these guys will know that one very poor performance will almost certainly be the final nail in Kean's coffin.

This why it is imperative that he's sidelined in the next 24 hours.

That's a bit like saying "I don't mind if we miss out on promotion by one or two points."

It's simple in my view. We need to continue to win games irrespective of whether Kean is in charge. However like Parson says any last vestiges of credibility Kean had were removed by last weekend's events so every single game he remains in charge make it less likely we'll get the points we need. So he needs to go now. If for some reason the inevitable is delayed we still need the points in the meantime.

If that turd is still here I don't give a ###### what division we are in and if missing out on promotion by these points with him being fired after then so be it . Venkyscum reap what they sow.

That's a bit like saying "I don't mind if we miss out on promotion by one or two points."

It's simple in my view. We need to continue to win games irrespective of whether Kean is in charge. However like Parson says any last vestiges of credibility Kean had were removed by last weekend's events so every single game he remains in charge make it less likely we'll get the points we need. So he needs to go now. If for some reason the inevitable is delayed we still need the points in the meantime.

Need to get the Lord Ganesh festival over with first.

Priorities, priorities!

I think I'd actually prefer to see Lowe in there away from home, his mobility and tendency to keep things simple might help those ahead of him.

.............. Robinson

Ribeiro Dann Givet Olsson

.......... Lowe . Etuhu

. Pedersen Gomes Nunes

................ Rhodes

I'd probably go with that. Pedersen on the right isn't ideal but he'll be marginally better than Ribeiro/Lowe/Formica in the absence of Kazim-Richards.

It is pleasing to get back to the football after a long old week. Patience is a virtue and nothing lasts forever.

In the meantime, re-focusing, we need 3 points at the Valley. Simple as that. We are a professional football team trying to get promoted. We have at least 900 fans travelling down there, spending their hard earnt to support the club and I hope for their sakes that we play well and win.

900 sold so far, just rang them, you can only buy on the door now

Only 900 that is bad. I will be going. Looking for a pub with decent real ale now in the area.

If not will be drinking at london bridge where I used to live.

Murphy unavailable tomorrow according to LT.

Will be VERY interesting to see if we look better without him in central midfield.

A start for Dunn alongside Etuhu?

I think we have been here several times before with Kean and various players - no one will forget 'Lazarus' Nelsen !

Murphy has been a disappointment so may not be a miss, but there have been times this season during matches where supporters have reported, in their opinion, that the relationship between Murphy and Kean didn't see the best - so his absence would be no real surprise.

Very much doubt we will see Dunn as it's rumoured, that he has asked for a transfer ! If this is correct, Rovers will clearly want to keep this under wraps for the time being.

Despite all Kean's words about what a good week it's been, think we heard the same when all the rumours about Zonz / Peders & Kean on the training ground were doing the rounds, it's difficult to see how our players will not have been distracted by all the 'hullaboolooo' this week. You only need to look back last season to what happened at Spurs once Arry was deemed to be red hot favourite for the England job.

Sadly, I think we will be a horrible mess tomorrow and I can't see anything other than a comprehensive defeat.

Archived