BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Reserves V Everton

folkdevil

Kean was sat upstairs in hospitality while Shebby sat with the supporters. The outstanding performer tonight was Simon Vukcevic. He had a storming game. Mobile, hard working, excellent passing and some terrific attempts on goal, in fact everything that we have been missing in midfield this season. Henrique and Fernandez looked good in the centre of defence and Sandomierski didn't do too badly in goal. The Rovers looked the better side for lengthy spells and were extremely unfortunate to lose this one.

• Backroom

Kean was sat upstairs in hospitality while Shebby sat with the supporters. The outstanding performer tonight was Simon Vukcevic. He had a storming game. Mobile, hard working, excellent passing and some terrific attempts on goal, in fact everything that we have been missing in midfield this season. Henrique and Fernandez looked good in the centre of defence and Sandomierski didn't do too badly in goal. The Rovers looked the better side for lengthy spells and were extremely unfortunate to lose this one.

I was only thinking last night that if Kean goes then Simon would be huge for us this season

Then today happened!

The outstanding performer tonight was Simon Vukcevic. He had a storming game. Mobile, hard working, excellent passing and some terrific attempts on goal, in fact everything that we have been missing in midfield this season.

I'm surprised there isn't more focus from the fans on Vukcevic.

For some reason it's Rochina that gets chanted for, but he's not even half the player that Simon is.

I'm surprised there isn't more focus from the fans on Vukcevic.

For some reason it's Rochina that gets chanted for, but he's not even half the player that Simon is.

I don't agree with your dismissal of Rochina but unless you went to a couple of the Carling Cup ties last season you probably haven't even seen Simon kick a ball in a Rovers shirt so it's difficult to call for him!.

The only proviso I would make is that he looked some way short of being properly match fit at that point but if that has been rectified then he ought to be able to offer good balance and added attacking impetus on the right hand side.

I don't agree with your dismissal of Rochina but unless you went to a couple of the Carling Cup ties last season you probably haven't even seen Simon kick a ball in a Rovers shirt so it's difficult to call for him!.

The only proviso I would make is that he looked some way short of being properly match fit at that point but if that has been rectified then he ought to be able to offer good balance and added attacking impetus on the right hand side.

I've seen plenty of Vukcevic over the years. When it looked like Pedersen might be leaving on a bosman a few years ago (maybe under Allardyce?), I was saying we should sign Vukcevic as a replacement. I've been a fan of his for a long time.

Here we go...about 2 1/2 years ago. ;)

Simon Vukcevic

Saved the best till last there.

Perfect for what we're going to need in the summer...doubly so if Pedersen goes.

Rochina is technically gifted but a million miles away mentally. Obviously we don't have the correct coaching staff which won't be helping his development.

Archived