BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Would you be back if Kean was sacked?

Ricky

Would you return if Kean was sacked  

173 members have voted

1. 1. If Kean is fired would you be back at ewood

• I would return
    • Myself and 1 other would return
    • Myself and 2 others would return
    • Myself and 3 others would return
    • The damage has already been done and I'll never be back
    • I'll be back once Venkys have gone and not before
    • I never stopped going

One of the problems I see at the minute about fans coming back (if and when Kean is removed) is that most will have been season ticket holders.

With the news that Kean was to be sacked I rang the ticket office on Monday asking about the cost of renewing mine and two other friends season tickets and to see if the price would be reduced having not been to any home games this season. The lady explained that if people had bought ticket for any of the first few home games, the cost of those tickets would be taken off the cost of the season ticket, far enough. Then she when on to say that season ticket will stop being sold as of 6th October and only come back as half season ticket around Xmas.

That's a long time and a lot of games to miss if your'e making going to see Rovers cost affective as thier are 8 Home games between now and Xmas @£25 a game = £200, so that would or could be more reasons for fans not to go back this season with the club being run so badly, those fans may never come back having missed a full season!

Just a thought!?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really meaning just season tickets but just will people who are staying away be back, even if just on a casual basis.

I would love nothing more than to see 25k at ewood at the first game after Kean has gone. I guess I was just wondering if we'd have a lot of people returning.

I think there will be very big attendances for the 1st coupleof home games when/if he goes, then it will peter off until halve season tickets become available when i expect their will be quite a substantial boost(especially if we are still in the promotion spots). Or if Venkys really wanted to get in the good books they could put out a price revised season ticket for all remaining games

One of the problems I see at the minute about fans coming back (if and when Kean is removed) is that most will have been season ticket holders.

With the news that Kean was to be sacked I rang the ticket office on Monday asking about the cost of renewing mine and two other friends season tickets and to see if the price would be reduced having not been to any home games this season. The lady explained that if people had bought ticket for any of the first few home games, the cost of those tickets would be taken off the cost of the season ticket, far enough. Then she when on to say that season ticket will stop being sold as of 6th October and only come back as half season ticket around Xmas.

That's a long time and a lot of games to miss if your'e making going to see Rovers cost affective as thier are 8 Home games between now and Xmas @£25 a game = £200, so that would or could be more reasons for fans not to go back this season with the club being run so badly, those fans may never come back having missed a full season!

Just a thought!?

Yes and a thought I've had as well. If they leave it much longer there will be no incentive to pay full price for a ST. As for me, well I don't fancy paying by the game. Even at £15 a time, there's so many home games it would be difficult to find that cash regularly.

Of course Venky's will have thought of this, wont they.

I know of fans who have pretty much cut off having anything to do with Rovers especially forums, and once they saw in the paper or heard word of mouth that Kean had gone they would also come flooding back.

I dont know how true the statement of ticket money not covering players wages is, but I am sure its close and is damning. People have over used the word "untenable" regarding Kean but now it really must be from both sides Fans & Venkys.

Have been going on Ewood since '79 and before this season, was a consecutive ST holder with my son since the 2000/01 promotion season.

The removal of Venkys has always been in my sights (hence the moniker) but we will both return if kean is completely removed from the club.

Must admit though that I would struggle to afford tickets at £25 a pop so would probably choose games until can purchase half-season tickets. That said, however, I would be prepared to pay a fair, pro-rata price for the remainder of the season now based upon the current price of £259 less the no. of games already played.

If anyone of any influence in the ticket office reads this, maybe this is an idea you might want to think about given the apparent need for a 'revenue boost'?

Just a thought!?

That's as good a reason as any to sack him by 1st October, especially if it is to encourage the fans back. I assume they may extend the 6th October deadline if they finally see sense.

Being in Canada ATM and for the past two years then moving on to Aus and NZ for the foreseeable future Ewood isn't really an option for me although would've liked to have gone the last time I visited my parents but stayed away. Back again in Dec so woul be nice to get in then if he's gone. Have been putting off getting my new home shirt and any other merchandise till he's gone though.

I personally would return even if Keanocchio was replaced with a dog turd on a 3 year deal. But the above options are a bit simplistic I do know a few who whilst being delighted if he went wouldn't go back until Kean is gone AND replaced by someone competent.

So I think for some just Kean going is not enough to forgive the Venkys for 2 years mismanagement (to put it mildly).

Ps. I still can't see him going anywhere ever though.

If Kean has gone before Wolves, I will buy 5 tickets for family/friends.

If Kean is replaced by what I regard as a top replacement and season ticket prices are reduced pro rata for the number of matches then gone, I will then buy season tickets.

Archived