BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Let's sell out v Wolves!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted this in the Wolves, thread,but it really belongs here:

I really couldn't care less about the result yesterday, the day was more about people coming back to Ewood after the Kean debacle. It was great to see a decent crowd on, plenty of people had brought their kids, it was a good atmosphere, and has renewed my faith in the clubs support.

Good effort from all cencerned.

Couldn't agree more. :tu:

Posted this in the Wolves, thread,but it really belongs here:

I really couldn't care less about the result yesterday, the day was more about people coming back to Ewood after the Kean debacle. It was great to see a decent crowd on, plenty of people had brought their kids, it was a good atmosphere, and has renewed my faith in the clubs support.

Good effort from all cencerned.

It was good to see people coming back and doing what they said they would do - Kean out fans back. However, yesterday was about the result and the performance too. There was simply nothing to keep the interest of those who were there and nothing to encourage anyone to come back next match. This is why they need to get a manager in - someone who people can get interested in if not excited about - and then let him manage properly. It's no good enticing people back with promises if those promises are not fulfilled.

• Moderation Lead

Thought the atmosphere started well, but severely tailed off (well, in the BBE lower where I was sitting), Murphy was booed, a lot of whingeing and shouting, though granted we were shocking.

Massive changes still needed from top to bottom.

To be fair there are some fans (and posters) who previously said "I won't be back until Kean is gone" who are now saying "I won't be back if suchabody gets the job". It's just moving the goalposts. Even if their first choice arrives, it'll be "let's wait and see if things improve before they're getting my cash".

As a football supporter, of an unfashionable town team, to now say things like "I won't go until performances improve" is absurd.

This is not from people who are glory hunters either, it's from people who have forgotten why they started watching Rovers in the first place.

I think I've said it before but the best chance we have of being successful, let alone promoted, is if Venkys get interested. There ain't no billionaire riding into town and with the best will in the world, a purchase by a fan-base-backed Rovers Trust may "give us our Rovers back" but it will be a third or fourth tier club by then.

We simply MUST get back behind the club - including the incumbent owners - now the original focus of fan fury has Keaned Off!

• Moderation Lead

To be fair there are some fans (and posters) who previously said "I won't be back until Kean is gone" who are now saying "I won't be back if suchabody gets the job". It's just moving the goalposts. Even if their first choice arrives, it'll be "let's wait and see if things improve before they're getting my cash".

As a football supporter, of an unfashionable town team, to now say things like "I won't go until performances improve" is absurd.

This is not from people who are glory hunters either, it's from people who have forgotten why they started watching Rovers in the first place.

I think I've said it before but the best chance we have of being successful, let alone promoted, is if Venkys get interested. There ain't no billionaire riding into town and with the best will in the world, a purchase by a fan-base-backed Rovers Trust may "give us our Rovers back" but it will be a third or fourth tier club by then.

We simply MUST get back behind the club - including the incumbent owners - now the original focus of fan fury has Keaned Off!

Largely agree with this in truth. A lot have switched their stance from 'I'll be back when Kean is gone, to 'It depends on who is appointed'. It is understandable though to be fair, I'd say the decision on who we appoint next is more important than the decision to bin Kean.

The only reason I stayed away was because it was clear that Kean was spinning it to the owners that only a minority wanted rid of him, and he had the full support of the vast majority of fans

However, once we went down and people boycotted in their thousands we succesfuly helped force him out

But, now is the time to return, regardless of who is the manager. People waiting to see who we appoint are guilty of moving the goalposts as Stuart rightly said. If you don't want to come because its the Championship, fine, but at least have the guts to say so instead of hiding behind a flimsy excuse

Hence why we renewed our STs even though we didn't in some ways want to. We, or rather I, felt it was wrong to then set impossible conditions for coming back. Venkys probably, barring a miracle, are going nowhere so what are people waiting for. Kean has gone and if that was what your banners and chants said - Kean out - then you owe it to the club to at least attend even if you don't feel you can commit for whatever reason to a ST. If you make the next condition who they bring in, what might be your next specification - who he brings as assistant? Whether we win our first 2 games? the possibilities are endless. At some point you either have to come back or decide you are finished with actively supporting rovers and go back to being a fan and not a supporter. obviously financial considerations make a difference to some people, but if you can afford it then Stuart is right - when do you come back?

Still haven't seen rovers since the end of last season. Would have been there on Saturday if we hadn't been away for the weekend. However - reading and listening to the reports from the Wolves game I could quite easily wait a bit longer. The only reason I post this is because there will undoubtedly be plenty more in that frame of mind. Venky's move in the managerial market is crucial to the future of the club and the future of the attendances down at Ewood.

Thought the atmosphere started well, but severely tailed off (well, in the BBE lower where I was sitting), Murphy was booed, a lot of whingeing and shouting, though granted we were shocking.

Massive changes still needed from top to bottom.

I agree. Really was enjoying the atmosphere early on but the performance was absolutely terrible, one of the worst games i've seen in ages. People have a right to be annoyed at paying to watch that. Most of all it lacked heart

I agree. Really was enjoying the atmosphere early on but the performance was absolutely terrible, one of the worst games i've seen in ages. People have a right to be annoyed at paying to watch that. Most of all it lacked heart

It all started off well with the crowd ready to roar the players on but after 5 mins it all went flat when it became obvious they had no intention of having a go. It's difficult to cheer the team forward when they don't actually go forward. Same for the Wolves fans it would seem, never heard them so quiet at Ewood. So totally agree it was a spineless effort :(

I really want to say something now but I'll no doubt get banned for trolling (even though it's my opinion) and be accused of being a dingle.

So I won't say it.

Don't hold back fella, spit it out you know you want to !

• Backroom

I really want to say something now but I'll no doubt get banned for trolling (even though it's my opinion) and be accused of being a dingle.

So I won't say it.

You're already called a troll and accused of being a dingle so you might as well let loose pal.

Archived