BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Let's sell out v Wolves!

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No chance it will be 20k considering only around 300 extra season tickets have been sold. I can't see thousands of walk on's. I haven't purchased a ST because I'm not committing until I know who the new manager is. I went last night to forest and after the absolute dross, no way will I pay £15 to watch that on Saturday, and everyone sat around and with me said the same thing. I'd imagine 17K maximum, considering wolves will probably bring around 2500.

Did say 20k would be an achievement 16 - 17 k seems more realistic.

I am coming up from reading for the first time this season. I was bycotting and I am glad its over. I was never going to travel 220 miles to watch Steve Kean fail in all area's of managment. I ordered my tickets pretty much as soon as I believed SK was actually really gone!

Come on guys this won't be a sell out. Even if we hit 17,000 that will be an achievement. We were getting about 23,000 under Sam if I recall correctly. Now even if we'd got relegated with a decent manager we'd expect a significant drop off from there just for that alone. I think our crowds in the Championship will struggle to hit 20,000 even with a decent manager apart from the big derby games. Also remember that while Venky's are here some people still won't want to come.

I think this will be around the 16,000 figure, with the regular attendances rising to 18,000 if we get a decent manager.

Come on guys this won't be a sell out. Even if we hit 17,000 that will be an achievement. We were getting about 23,000 under Sam if I recall correctly. Now even if we'd got relegated with a decent manager we'd expect a significant drop off from there just for that alone. I think our crowds in the Championship will struggle to hit 20,000 even with a decent manager apart from the big derby games. Also remember that while Venky's are here some people still won't want to come.

I think this will be around the 16,000 figure, with the regular attendances rising to 18,000 if we get a decent manager.

No one ever said it'd be a sell out. It'd be nice to see a big crowd back at Ewood though... I often judge a football team by their supporters (rightly or wrongly) and Im sure a lot of others do to...

No one ever said it'd be a sell out. It'd be nice to see a big crowd back at Ewood though... I often judge a football team by their supporters (rightly or wrongly) and Im sure a lot of others do to...

We always suffer from this though. We're in a ridiculously dense area of the country when it comes to football clubs, with clubs with strong history and traditions bordering us directly, plus some of the biggest clubs in world football within 40 miles of us.

Whereas Newcastle fans always get lauded for filling SJP. Tyneside as an area is 800,000 people which, although it has a rugby team, is football mad and there's only one team. They should be filling SJP every week as a matter of course.

If the crowd hits 20k then thats some achievement given whats gone on over the past two years and the standard of football on offer.

Agreed, if we hit 17-18 i'd be more than happy, 20 would be fantastic and will show that many people boycotted because of Kean and didn't vanish into thin air because of relegation.

Whereas Newcastle fans always get lauded for filling SJP. Tyneside as an area is 800,000 people which, although it has a rugby team, is football mad and there's only one team. They should be filling SJP every week as a matter of course.

Just as a side issue, I was shocked to learn that Newcastle took less than 1000 for the league cup game at Old Trafford the other week, for Newcastle thats a poor effort, not sure of the pricing mind you.

Heading to the game from Ireland, need to get a train back to liverpool after the game, there is one at 17.35, how long does it take to walk from ewood to the train station lads? cheers!

Blackburn Station I would say 25 - 30 mins at a good pace or if you come out a few mins to go you could arrange a taxi to Postal Order for a quick pint before your train leaves

Heading to the game from Ireland, need to get a train back to liverpool after the game, there is one at 17.35, how long does it take to walk from ewood to the train station lads? cheers!

You'll be OK for that one. 20-25 minutes walk plus say 10 minutes to exit stadium.

Blackburn Station I would say 25 - 30 mins at a good pace or if you come out a few mins to go you could arrange a taxi to Postal Order for a quick pint before your train leaves

Danger is a quick pint turns in 10 very fast with a good result ;), cheers mate!

You'll be OK for that one. 20-25 minutes walk plus say 10 minutes to exit stadium.

cheers phil, ill put the boot down! looking forward to this one now..fox and the hound for a few pre match and then into ewood for a keanless rovers...bliss!!

I will be following the game from Cornwall. COYB

I was going to go to Ewood for my first home game of the season, but I will also be following the game from Cornwall

I'm sure there was a pub near Rock that used to have a loungeroom with the walls covered in Rovers pictures and memorablia.

I'll be there tomorrow, althought i'm not exactly making a long journey living in Adlington :P

Hope to see a considerable improvement on numbers, but not expecting 20,000. 17,000 would be a realistic target in my eyes.

This is about finally being able to get behind the players without any debate on whether we are supporting them or not from the media and between fans. Kean is gone, we need to reclaim Ewood Park from all the negativity that has surrounded it because of Steve Kean over the last 12 months.

Will be annoyed if I hear any Black Out chants tomorrow as well, lets just focus on the team please. We don;'t want Black as manager but I really don't think they'll go for him. Shebby will be telling them what needs to be done, and to be honest with Kean gone, I don't think Mrs Desai will be interested anymore and will let Balaji and Venky sort it all out. They seem like they want to bring someone completely new in.

I assume that the same train to Preston that I catch at Mill Hill at 17:38.

I always see the game out then leave not so very quickly and amble to the station. And even including a trip to the Spar in Mill Hill I still have a good 15 minutes to kill on the platform

Blackburn is far too far to walk when you can go to Mill Hill

Archived