BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next manager

Next Rovers Manager (multiple choice allowed)  

484 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you WANT as the next manager?

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other
  2. 2. Who do you EXPECT as the next manager

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
    • Tim Sherwood
    • Eric Black
    • Roy Keane
    • Alan Shearer
    • Mick McCarthy
    • Jurgen Klinsmann
    • Stuart McCall
    • Berndt Schuster
    • Henrik Larsson
    • Keith Hill
    • Ian Holloway
    • Ottmar Hitzfeld
    • Sven Goran Eriksson
    • Karl Robinson
    • Other

After listening to grenada, venkys say two weeks for any appointment.

Neil lennon could quite easily fit. Into the brief of what singh said. However I'd want schuster or ole solksjaet. We have no room to mess up on this we need to get back to the prem at the first attempt. Spend on a good manager and get promoted with more money ultimately coming in.

As it's now the 2nd time you've mentioned him, I can't seem him swapping the Champions League for the Championship.

No offence, don't worry !

You just need to be mindful that posters need to be very guarded when posting as we live in a very litigious world and sometimes posts have to be positioned accordingly.

Good word.

Salgado tweeting that he is interested in the Rovers job...

EDIT: This is a real account yeah? I have always assumed so especially since Rochina follows it.

With nothing other than his immense punditry skills to back it up, I would think he would make a great assistant.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the management front.. I do hope Shebby has access to this site and reads it.. it should be pretty clear by now that the fans are desperate for someone with more experience (almost 80% of the votes are for Ole, Schuster, Holloway and Mick).

As for the new Mourinho.. you only need read his wiki to realise that his eductation, intelligence and what he learn't over many years (working with the likes of Sir Bobby and Van Gaal) are what made him the manager he is.. he is almost a one off in terms of how he got there and to replicate your going to have to find something special and to be frank IMO there are only two options.. OGS or a manager like Schuster working with someone with the brain to become the next big thing (e.g. Tugay/Salgado).. maybe Sherwood as an outside bet as he has at least worked closely with some exceptional managers but I still have my doubts there.

I am still a bit stunned by the stupid and limiting set of criteria that seems to be in play, I just hope that the reactions of the fans are relayed to Shebby sooner rather than later.

...... however the club wanted a Manager who could be groomed into Englands answer to Mourinho. We was told that the manager did not have to be a big name or indeed be experienced. However he must share the same footballing philosophy of both Shebby and the Owners.

They would prefer a British Manager, and he ruled . They are not after the finished article but a manager who can grow with the club and be part of the clubs future success.

..........and who is going to do all this grooming. The term implies an experienced person will be the guiding light. No one at Ewood fits that description.

Glen's post suggests Shebby and the Raos are further off the planet than Voyager 1!!!

'but you all wanted communication'.

Not me, I wanted Venky's to appoint a professional board and team manager to run the club and them to keep their noses out and mouths shut.

This'communication spiel is now the easy line peddled by certain superfans to justify their daily brews with Shebby Singh.

After spending 8 million on Rhodes, I can't see Venky's wanting to part with too much more.

At the start of the season, nearly everyone said that we should walk this league,

Whoever we had as manager. So maybe Venky's are thinking the same.

Judan Ali's name is cropping up quite a bit, and i can see them going for this option,

with Shebby "grooming" him.

'but you all wanted communication'.

Not me, I wanted Venky's to appoint a professional board and team manager to run the club and them to keep their noses out and mouths shut.

This'communication spiel is now the easy line peddled by certain superfans to justify their daily brews with Shebby Singh.

But we haven't got a professional board or a team manager, and its very unlikely we will get one (board) with Venkys. What we have got is regular dialogue, which I think you'll agree is better than nothing at all.

I'm not sure where all these rumors about Shebby Singh being a power-hungry kean eyeing the Director of Football job and wanting to pull the new manager's strings from the back or "grooming" him, etc are coming from, but for what it is worth he isn't that kind of person during his Malaysia international days or a pundit here in Singapore/Malaysia. That much I'm sure, though how much I know of him is what I usually read from papers or watched on television, so I'm not reliable on this.

That said, I think Shebby Singh is aiming for a Brendan Rodgers/Paul Lambert type of manager, not an out-of-nowhere inexperienced manager like Judan Ali, so maybe people should relax instead of pulling the trigger and accusing Shebby Singh of being the next Steve Kean. We should judge him after a new manager is appointed and not before.

That said, I think Shebby Singh is aiming for a Brendan Rodgers/Paul Lambert type of manager, not an out-of-nowhere inexperienced manager like Judan Ali, so maybe people should relax instead of pulling the trigger and accusing Shebby Singh of being the next Steve Kean. We should judge him after a new manager is appointed and not before.

But why stipulate only British in the criteria? What purpose does that serve, except to exclude some top quality candidates?

brfc action group had their rights to publish what was said on that meeting. imo they should not have published the manager part, but i can see why they did it because they are working for their group/fans.

Shebby should not have said what he did at the meeting, totally unprofessional and he has clearly not worked in management before. This is not media pundetry shebby! He has said on sky and other medias many times he does not want to go into names, or who they consider, and say they are baffled on how many big names have applied for the job. He knew what was said to the action group would get to the media. Why didnt he just call sky and tell them himself they wanted a young british, never relegated, up and coming etc etc. Second time now his mouth causes trouble.

kamy was 100% entitled to text him and say you shouldnt say things like that, fans will get upset, potensial managers can get upset etc etc.

Hell, if i had shebbys number i would call him myself to explain why you cant blurp out kean like that.

I think this covers everything and I fully agree.

They aren't perfect by any means but the problem is not BRFCAG in this, the problem is Singh shooting his mouth off.

The AG are on hiding to nothing here, if they pass on information, they are called unprofessional (at best) yet if they don't pass things on the they will be called divisive and secretive. Which would I prefer? Honesty please.

However, Singh needs to be mindful what he says when formally addressing the AG - especially in a minuted meeting (FFS) - and what he says on a personal level (ideally in a one-to-one) with Singh.

Has Glen not said over and over that only supporters concerns are put to the club and not opinions.

But at what point do 'supporter concerns' not become opinion?

A concern to me might not be a concern to you.

It is time imo, for the action group to break up, disband or whatever way to word it.

They do not represent me or the majority of the Rovers supporters.

Kean has gone. New era, new start for whoever comes in as the manager.

Thanks again for your continued interest in the Action Group, although we don't represent all Rovers Fans (and don't claim to) we do represent a few thousand. Yes Kean has gone, why does that mean a supporters group should cease?

With some luck the group will continue to grow for years to come.

This board has gone so down hill over the last two years, it's in the main the same 20/30 people bullying point scoring and arguing I'm a better fan than you etc. So much so that I hardly post anymore. I wouldn't be surprised to see further decline and if I was glen, mark f etc I wouldn't come on here and post anymore, there are other boards, social platforms to communicate via.

It's time to put personal agendas, vendettas, grudges and dislike for people aside and remember we all want the best for the club and grow up!

Also.

Pafell we know you don't like glen or the action group you don't need to say it every two minutes

Archived