BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Alan 'Nicko' Nixon

Hasta

Nicko is an idiot, only trying to make himself look important. Yes he may have been right on rhodes but he also linked us with Simon cox, the one from sunderland and a couple of others. If you shoot while blindfolded you will eventually hit the target.

I tweeted him once in february replying to him on venkys, wrote that noone could be worse owners than venkys and that my dog would do a better job.

He actually blocked me because of that tweet, and frankly i don't miss him

If I remember correctly he laughed when Rhodes was brought up and said not a chance, then he reported it like every other reporter but in a sensational way, rather than the true version of events.

On the blocking front, he tends to do that, he blocked Mikey Delap of vital and he was only tagged in a tweet lol

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why people get wound up by his posting, if you don't believe it then don't read about it or just think to yourself 'what a load of tosh' and move on. I enjoyed his posts and he replied to some of my PM's with some helpful stuff about the world of journalism.

The one thing I didn't like was how the board went into meltdown at 11pm every night during the transfer windows.

Nicko is an idiot, only trying to make himself look important. Yes he may have been right on rhodes but he also linked us with Simon cox, the one from sunderland and a couple of others. If you shoot while blindfolded you will eventually hit the target.

Exactly! What a good description. He was wrong lots and lots of times but was completely incapable of admitting it.

No doubt a psychologist could categorize his persona and provide the reason for it easily enough.

It seemed to me that he was off the mark a little more often after Venkey's took over the club, which I think is understandable given how much misinformation came out of the club and frankly, how quickly people could change their minds. Seemed fairly reliable under the walkers and better to have his input than not imo

It seemed to me that he was off the mark a little more often after Venkey's took over the club, which I think is understandable given how much misinformation came out of the club and frankly, how quickly people could change their minds. Seemed fairly reliable under the walkers and better to have his input than not imo

I'd agree with pretty much all of that.

Aside form being a little thin skinned at times I enjoyed Nicko's contribution on here. As evidently, did lots of folk including non Rovers fans!

Never could understand all the adulation of a tabloid journalist. It was like half the people on this board took out their prayer mats at 11 pm and bowed towards the great god Nicko.

He lost all credibility with me when he told us how lucky we were to get such a talented new manager. It took everyone else a couple of days to realise what a ludicrous statement that was. Not a surprise to see his other "great manager" has bitten the dust this week.

I have no issues with Nicko. He gets things right and get things wrong - just like we all do.

He must be doing something right. After all he has been in the job long enough.

Why some are taking issue that he was friends with Coyle and Kean is daft really. Do you judge everybody because of who there friends are.

Why some are taking issue that he was friends with Coyle and Kean is daft really. Do you judge everybody because of who there friends are.

You seem to forget that Nixon went out of his way to try and influence opinion on Kean, mainly through this website. He talked absolute garbage from day one when Venkys took over and that has soured his reputation on here.

For the record I liked his tips on signings, never took them to heart like some did, but sadly towards the end he took himself far to seriously with his 'Hollier than thou' attitude and that got peoples backs up.

You seem to forget that Nixon went out of his way to try and influence opinion on Kean, mainly through this website. He talked absolute garbage from day one when Venkys took over and that has soured his reputation on here.

For the record I liked his tips on signings, never took them to heart like some did, but sadly towards the end he took himself far to seriously with his 'Hollier than thou' attitude and that got peoples backs up.

To be honest I thought he just gave both venkys and Kean a chance at the beginning - just like most of us did. When you read his posts on twitter, he does seem to differ now with regards to venkys. He did say Kean was going. But there again, so did I.

Transfer can be hit and miss for any journo - things, storys times change.

Kean's a gem and Coyle's the new Shankley

Forever, and rightly, be remembered for those comments and his staunch pigheaded attitude towards those you detracted from that. Long may he remain stuck in the Twitter netherland

maybe he is off doing the three men in a boat thing, after all it was written by someone called Jerome!

Regarding the Alan Nixon article about Eric Black, it looks (to me) like he has based that article on a post made by Glen M on the vital mb.

The post ended with Glen saying "One thing is certain , a new manager will be appointed who is not already on the pay role"

Read more: http://www.blackburn.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=7723&start=106#ixzz28yeBdsDJ

Obviously I wasn't at the meeting so I don't know what was said but IF Shebby did say this then I wouldn't blame Black for walking out.

If he didn't say this and Glen was simply expressing an opinion (that Black wouldn't get the job) then Mr Nixon needs to get his facts right before writing an article that could affect the club.

Either way I am surprised that Alan would write an article like this. It seems petty.

Unfortunately for Glen M it looks like everything he says online is going to be taken as fact even if he is expressing an opinion.

At the end of the day Alan Nixon writes articles for a living and he clearly believes that Shebby told the forum that they were looking outside the club for a new manager.

Reading Alan's twitter feed I am get the impression that he got this info from the Vital forum but I could be wrong. The only person that can anwer that is Alan himself.

Glen said on twitter that Shebby did not even mention Black so I am assuming that it was Glen's opinion that - "One thing is certain , a new manager will be appointed who is not already on the pay role"

Maybe Glen could clarify what he meant by this. Maybe he already has and I've missed it.

I am only guessing but you can understand why Alan wrote the article but I would hope that he wrote the article based on solid info rather than a post on a mb which may have been taken the wrong way (i.e an opinion and not fact)

What I don't like is the impact this will have on the club and also Eric Black. I wouldn't like to read stuff like this in a newspaper about me and my job.

As I posted on twitter , never at one point was Eric blacks position as manager or employment of the club discussed .

Nixon has not spoken to anyone in that room , and the action group minutes will be out at some point .

I challenged him on twitter , and he blocked me. I hope the club and black sue due to it being a completely fabricated story .

I have stated many many times , my post are my opinion and nothing to do with any other person or parties . If the action group has anything to say , it's done through our website or twitter account .

For the final time , no one at Blackburn rovers has stated in any meeting who is and who is not getting the managers job . I don't even think they know themselves at this point . The owners will make the decision on advise from many footballing people . One persons opinion will differ from someone else's . It would be fair to say that every director at rovers will have different ideas just like every supporter .

What is now evident is that having an opinion is not accepted on forum boards or indeed on any social network site . So in future I will try my best to not elaborate on anything i hear , and will just allow minutes from meetings to be published .

It's sad people are trying to make this personal , for whatever reason (s) that's their choice. I'm sorry to those who have to read daily constant back biting n point scoring . I can categorically state I have no issue with any supporter , some obviously have them with me . The majority of which have never even spoken with me , but that's life .

As I posted on twitter , never at one point was Eric blacks position as manager or employment of the club discussed .

Nixon has not spoken to anyone in that room , and the action group minutes will be out at some point .

I challenged him on twitter , and he blocked me. I hope the club and black sue due to it being a completely fabricated story .

I have stated many many times , my post are my opinion and nothing to do with any other person or parties . If the action group has anything to say , it's done through our website or twitter account .

For the final time , no one at Blackburn rovers has stated in any meeting who is and who is not getting the managers job . I don't even think they know themselves at this point . The owners will make the decision on advise from many footballing people . One persons opinion will differ from someone else's . It would be fair to say that every director at rovers will have different ideas just like every supporter .

What is now evident is that having an opinion is not accepted on forum boards or indeed on any social network site . So in future I will try my best to not elaborate on anything i hear , and will just allow minutes from meetings to be published .

It's sad people are trying to make this personal , for whatever reason (s) that's their choice. I'm sorry to those who have to read daily constant back biting n point scoring . I can categorically state I have no issue with any supporter , some obviously have them with me . The majority of which have never even spoken with me , but that's life .

Maybe helpful to state at the time of posting, that this is MY opinion and not that of the group. Then things not likely to get mixed up.

Maybe helpful to state at the time of posting, that this is MY opinion and not that of the group. Then things not likely to get mixed up.

Everything said from a personal profile is personal opinion, anything official from the group will be done via the official website or twitter account.

Do Ste or Glenn etc need to write "this is not the fans forum opinion" every time they post?

Archived