BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eric Black Post match interview

folkdevil

Meanwhile there is mystery surrounding Rovers defender Gael Givet after the defender was withdrawn at half time.

Black admitted the substitution was not due to injury or tactical reasons, but refused to comment further.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburn_rovers/news/9957506.Black_stays_quiet_on_his_own_future/

Sounds like we need a new manager in as soon as possible to get a grip of things.

I could well imaging cliques breaking out between pro-Kean players (those he signed) and those who were glad to see the back of him (the Big Sam era players).

The next manager needs to be a strong character who can distance himself and not be 'one of the lads'.

Meanwhile there is mystery surrounding Rovers defender Gael Givet after the defender was withdrawn at half time.

Black admitted the substitution was not due to injury or tactical reasons, but refused to comment further.

http://www.lancashir...his_own_future/

Having read Black's comments he is clearly straight out of the Steve Kean school of management. We we awful today, simply awful and were very fortunate to come away with a point. Without some good work from Robinson we would have been beaten.

i thought Givet was having a spat with one of his own players when the penalty was given. Maybe that continued in the dressing room at half time. So withdrawn.

I wonder if it was Dann?

A poster on a different thread suggested Givet was extremely unhappy with him.

I could well imaging cliques breaking out between pro-Kean players (those he signed) and those who were glad to see the back of him (the Big Sam era players).

Not wishing to be pedantic, but the Big Sam era clique in yesterday's 18 consisted of, err, Givet, if one person can be a clique. There are of course Ince, Hughes and even Souness cliques there

Not wishing to be pedantic, but the Big Sam era clique in yesterday's 18 consisted of, err, Givet, if one person can be a clique. There are of course Ince, Hughes and even Souness cliques there

I was thinking the same yesterday. I don't think the problem is so much that different players were signed by different managers, more that over the years a lot of players have grown accustomed to being in a very cushy comfort zone indeed whilst enjoying their huge pay packets.

Grella is possibly the prime example but I would even include a few players who have left in that such as Emerton, Diouf, Roberts and Nelsen. I don't think a management team of Ferguson, Guardiola and Mourinho could coax more than the odd decent performance out of Pedersen frankly.

For me Black is complicit with the failure of Kean's regime and also needs to be removed asap. The new man or team needs to be both more tactically astute and more than capable of kicking some serious butt when necessary.

The temptation for the likes of Murphy/Etuhu/Pedersen/Dunn to simply go through the motions and not put in the extra yard necessary to win promotion must still be very high indeed. I think Etuhu has been great so far but have we seen anything at all out of the other three?

Hence why I am tempted by the thought of Di Canio. He wouldn't put up with any messing whatsoever imo.

Agree - Black needs to go to. Nothing personal, just think we need to start a fresh.

Obviously i don't know went on at Brockhall, but i always felt as if the players might be getting things a bit too easy. I heard a few quotes about Kean keeping training fresh and exciting. I wish i had a boss like that. We made so many mistakes time and time again i'd have had those overpaid little bleeders doing the same drills over and over and over again. Until the penny dropped. For instance, i rarely see our center halves win the first ball. This is basic stuff which never improved. I don't know Eric Black's involvment in this, but if his post match interview is anything to go by he seems to favour this softly softly approach too.

Oh for Souness to train them for a week!!

Archived