BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nottingham Forest v Rovers 3/10/12

Wow... now I know where the localised flooding has come from. Dry your eyes chaps or I will have to start work on my ark!

Firstly people have commented saying im racist, a thug and a neanderthal. Someone please highlight in my original post where I condoned racism or violence towards our own fans/ players or other wise! Alot of asumptions and blatent fabrication from most of the posters on here... but I guess its hard to read the text from up there on your high horses.

What has the world come to when you can't go to the game, have a few ales, a sing song and a laugh with your mates without sad individuals coming on message boards and condeming them and labeling them as rasist, neanderthal thugs??? Some people really do need to get a life.

On the Glen subjest and as per my original post fair play to dedicating a lot of time to the club. I still stand by my original oberservation that you must of been hding for the past 30 years as like I said the 'hard core' support of the club are... well at least were a tight-knit bunch and I personally have never come across or even heard of your existence before the Venky/Kean era. You asked me "What did I do?" Well mate I follow the team, back the team, critise the team when they need it, celebrate when we win, feel the pain when we lose. What I don't do is cause embaressment for the majority of fans and turn the club into a media laughing stock which tars all fans alike by splashing us over every newspaper, tv programme with cringe worthy marches, flags, banners etc. I dont know you, but i'm sure you are a sound enough lad, but I dont agree with things that have been done and how things have been handled by you and your fellow yellow t-shirt wearing rabble. But I guess thats the beauty of living in a free speach country and that we all dont have to agree. Threats of violence againts you are bang out of order though... we all bleed blue blood after all!

Ps. I'm not saying i'm the biggest Rovers fan on the planet and don't attend every away game etc. I have friends that do... and good on them but I also have a life away from Rovers. I am though a firm believer that those who rack up the miles are the life blood of the club. The one's who sit at there PC's offering up there opinions and critisism are a joke and they may as well comment on the birth of christ as they weren't there either!

COYB!

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it's about having a drink and a laugh with your mates then why don't you stay in the pub instead of bringing your boorish behaviour to a football match.

Ridiculous thing to say. At a guess three quarters of our away following at forest were males aged 16-50 who travelled down with their mates, had a couple of jars before hand and had a laugh. That's what groups of lads do at football. That's what they have done since football was invented. Believe it or not, it happens at all football clubs.

I don't condone a couple of idiots singing a racist song, I don't condone an idiot singing the Brian clough song, and I don't understand why some are adverse to glen Mullen, who I think has done a sterling job. However the chants were not threatening violence as first implied.

we are talking of a couple of idiots here, out of a 1200 following. Let's put things in perspective!

the notice of warning of winding up of Venky's London limited would not have happened today had it not been for the BRFC Action Group.

Can you expand on this Philipl please about the warning of winding up Venkys London limited.

Wow... now I know where the localised flooding has come from. Dry your eyes chaps or I will have to start work on my ark!

Firstly people have commented saying im racist, a thug and a neanderthal. Someone please highlight in my original post where I condoned racism or violence towards our own fans/ players or other wise! Alot of asumptions and blatent fabrication from most of the posters on here... but I guess its hard to read the text from up there on your high horses.

What has the world come to when you can't go to the game, have a few ales, a sing song and a laugh with your mates without sad individuals coming on message boards and condeming them and labeling them as rasist, neanderthal thugs??? Some people really do need to get a life.

On the Glen subjest and as per my original post fair play to dedicating a lot of time to the club. I still stand by my original oberservation that you must of been hding for the past 30 years as like I said the 'hard core' support of the club are... well at least were a tight-knit bunch and I personally have never come across or even heard of your existence before the Venky/Kean era. You asked me "What did I do?" Well mate I follow the team, back the team, critise the team when they need it, celebrate when we win, feel the pain when we lose. What I don't do is cause embaressment for the majority of fans and turn the club into a media laughing stock which tars all fans alike by splashing us over every newspaper, tv programme with cringe worthy marches, flags, banners etc. I dont know you, but i'm sure you are a sound enough lad, but I dont agree with things that have been done and how things have been handled by you and your fellow yellow t-shirt wearing rabble. But I guess thats the beauty of living in a free speach country and that we all dont have to agree. Threats of violence againts you are bang out of order though... we all bleed blue blood after all!

Ps. I'm not saying i'm the biggest Rovers fan on the planet and don't attend every away game etc. I have friends that do... and good on them but I also have a life away from Rovers. I am though a firm believer that those who rack up the miles are the life blood of the club. The one's who sit at there PC's offering up there opinions and critisism are a joke and they may as well comment on the birth of christ as they weren't there either!

COYB!

Very good honest no bs post.

Its just your posting style that comes across a bit confrontational, but the points you make are mostly all quite valid,

Sounds crude but its true, rovers and football terraces in general have been places for the Dads and their lads a hell of alot longer than they have been 'family clubs', so to expect that section of the supporters to just disappear is completely is ridiculous, i do though think there should be large alcohol free sections(without having to fork out a fortune for seats in the placid JW stand).

Ridiculous thing to say. At a guess three quarters of our away following at forest were males aged 16-50 who travelled down with their mates, had a couple of jars before hand and had a laugh. That's what groups of lads do at football. That's what they have done since football was invented. Believe it or not, it happens at all football clubs.

I don't condone a couple of idiots singing a racist song, I don't condone an idiot singing the Brian clough song, and I don't understand why some are adverse to glen Mullen, who I think has done a sterling job. However the chants were not threatening violence as first implied.

we are talking of a couple of idiots here, out of a 1200 following. Let's put things in perspective!

Agreed - perspective needed. I never heard the racist chants or the Brian Clough Chant. 99.9% behaved fine.

I like a few pints and laugh too, before during and after a game.

My previous point is about the those who sought out a confrontation at Ipswich, then did the same again after the game at Forrest. One lad in particular needs to grow up.

I have nothing against fans drinking and enjoying themselves but when the drink turns them into morons I think I have the right to object, particularly when their behaviour offends other fans. I'm no prude but some of the language I heard on Wednesday was unnecessary and I can tell you that quite a few middle aged people near me felt intimidated by the aggression and nastiness with which some fans felt the need to 'support' their team. In fact I witnessed one of these 'fans' threaten another fan as we were walking out after the match. Of course he was backed up by his mates who all appeared to be the worse for drink. There is never this problem at Ewood, only when we play away games.

Sounds crude but its true, rovers and football terraces in general have been places for the Dads and their lads a hell of alot longer than they have been 'family clubs', so to expect that section of the supporters to just disappear is completely is ridiculous,

I have seen more trouble between Rovers 'fans' at away game amongst themselves in the last 4 years than I saw in the previous 16 years. The type of supporters that people are complaining about seem to be 'appearing' rather than anyone expecting them to disappear.

Except that we succeeded in keeping a clean sheet, which Coco failed to most of the times. Still, I prefer to see us score goals and win the game than play out a dull, boring goaless draw too close for our comfort (they could have won 2-0 if their main strikers were back).

:wacko:

Who doesn't? :huh:

Then someone attacks them at a game and the site gets a letter from someone's solicitor the next week

Man up Tom. The issue would be in the accompanying wording.

Rem "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

• Backroom

Man up Tom. The issue would be in the accompanying wording.

Rem "All it takes for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke

Man up?

Come on Gordon that doesn't even make sense here, I couldn't care less about the guys but seeing as I offered to help out Glenn and Ste here and part of that is to keep the site out of bother it makes sense to keep stuff like that off of here, same with the talk of pitch invasions etc

No more to it

As for these one or two idiots, nature will take its course one game soon they will have a pop and someone will take exception

maybe it stems from the rise in popularity of facebook, twitter and these forums, where what can start as a tiny little unsubstantiated throw away comment can snowball and find its way to some of the weaker minds(and looser mouths) on the terraces.

I think jeremy Kyle should sort it. Mullan et al can all go on with shebby and sort it proper.

Archived