BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCS Podcast Special: Kean Resignation

philipl

Chief reporter Kamy talks to BRFCS editor Wen Y Hu about the events surrounding the resignation of Steve Kean as manager of Blackburn Rovers in this podcast special. Forum members philipl and Bobby G then join in to give their reactions and discuss the issue of Steve Kean’s replacement.

The podcast is published to the front page here.

It is also available via the following link. Just paste the link into your browser address bar.

http://brfcs-podcast.brfcs.com/BRFCS-Podcast-Kean-Resignation.mp3

Guest Wen Y Hu

Try clicking here or pasting this into your URL for now:

http://brfcs-podcast.brfcs.com/BRFCS-Podcast-Kean-Resignation.mp3

Will publish it later to the front page. Note it will not be available via iTunes for now.

Whilst i agree Flitcroft is not the right man....and i am not sure who it is you appear annoyed at for leaning towards Flitcroft but...

To say that appointing him would be "absolute madness", due to the jump up from non-league being ridiculous, is fine, but then to pass no comment on the fact that the two early preferred candidates have 8 games experience between them is strange. You have singled out the most experienced manager of the three to being 'madness' due to lack of higher level experience?

Isn't Shearer and Sherwoods lack of ANY experience more madness than Flitcroft only having done an apprenticeship in the non-league?

And surely to say that a Sherwood/Tugay combination is "perfect" is just as much madness?

Great podcast btw, very informative as always. Bet this was a podcast you never thought would ever become a reality lol.

It may have been unsuccessful but Shearer does have managerial experience with Newcastle. Sherwood has been an assistant at a Premiership club for a few years now.

Shearer had 8 games, that is woefully low.

Brian Kidd had a decade of top flight experience as an assistant manager and he was way out of his depth, so Tim Sherwood's experience means nothing.

Just seems strange to slam Flitcroft as madness but then describe Sherwood and Tugay as 'perfect' to me.

Great podcast and really sound advice from Kamy, which I hope Shebby and the Raos take on (if they haven't moved in that direction already). It's good to gauge fan opinion, but at the end of the day they need to make decisions based on advice from knowledgeable professionals who work in the game and they need to install people at the Director level with great footballing knowledge as well, not people like Agnew and Shaw. I like Shebby, but he is also too inexperienced to be the sole or primary advisor to Venky's.

Curbishley is my number one choice, as I think he'll be able to get us up and we have a good chance of building for the future once in the Premier League under him. Mick McCarthy is a decent shout, but will he hack it long-term?

Venky's priority has to be to get fans back to Ewood and attract more sponsors to Rovers. With the Financial Fair Play rules coming into play, if we get into the Premier League, we will need all the revenue we can muster to allow us to compete at the top. I've been able to watch more of the other teams in the Premier League this season, since I can't watch Rovers anymore, and the quality of teams has drastically increased. A good manager will not be enough, money to build an excellent squad will be required, but a good manager should ensure it doesn't go to waste.

Shearer had 8 games, that is woefully low.

Brian Kidd had a decade of top flight experience as an assistant manager and he was way out of his depth, so Tim Sherwood's experience means nothing.

Just seems strange to slam Flitcroft as madness but then describe Sherwood and Tugay as 'perfect' to me.

Perhaps we ought to appoint the Marine manager - he seems to be doing far better in the Evo-Stik NPL Premier than Flitcroft. Then again perhaps the Whitby Town manager whose side knocked Chorley out of the FA Trophy at the weekend might be worth considering. What about Mark Atkins, his Matlock Town are playing in the same League as Chorley? To even consider putting a manager from this level on the shortlist is simply crazy, just plain crazy. But, then again, this is Venky's so I suspect we can expect the worst.

Whilst i agree Flitcroft is not the right man....and i am not sure who it is you appear annoyed at for leaning towards Flitcroft but...

To say that appointing him would be "absolute madness", due to the jump up from non-league being ridiculous, is fine, but then to pass no comment on the fact that the two early preferred candidates have 8 games experience between them is strange. You have singled out the most experienced manager of the three to being 'madness' due to lack of higher level experience?

Isn't Shearer and Sherwoods lack of ANY experience more madness than Flitcroft only having done an apprenticeship in the non-league?

And surely to say that a Sherwood/Tugay combination is "perfect" is just as much madness?

Great podcast btw, very informative as always. Bet this was a podcast you never thought would ever become a reality lol.

I think in the section that you refer to I parafaced it by fantasy choices, and in a fantasy world Sherwood/Tugay would be perfect for me. I personally believe that if we are going to appoint Shearer or Sherwood they need to appoint someone with them ALOT of experience with them, but then the the end when we start talking about seriously we conclude that we need someone with experience. Personally someone like McCarthy would be fine, the aim is to get of this league & Mick McCarthy would do that. Babak made a good point, if we could get someone like Fatih Tarim and appoint Tugay with him would be ideal.

In the end like I said in the Podcast. I hope that the owners/Shebby don't listen to fans or journos, they need to talk to respected people in the game, they are best placed to help and advice them.

It was an interesting little chat we had. Overall agree with the tone of the responses. The fact that we cant really agree on an unanimous way to approach it signifies the crucial nature of the impending decision. If only we had someone like John Williams pulling the stops.

I think the on-field performance of Chorley FC is an infuence on opinions.

Aye cos everyone watches chorley week in and week out to know their performances.

I dont think flitty would take it. I

He does want a league club but i think he knows were a bit above his level yet.

For Christ sake Rovermatt please get that clown of your avatar he looks like the boy in the canteen who argues with the dinner lady about how much lunch is & is giving me a headache now we are finally rid of this clown the last thing we need is to be reminded of his nefarious existence!.

I agree with Miker I think Curbs would be an excellent choice and I hope Shebby takes note of my email and at least considers Curbishley with Tugay coming in as a no.2 as I believe with the fan base fractured someone like Tugay in whatever setup will get the fans back inside Ewood I also believe the experience Tugay has at the top level will help develop the younger midfielders e.g. Nunes etc...

Good to see you back Kamy I agree if they appoint a Tugay/Sherwood or Shearer they need an experienced man with him like a Curbishley, Benitez etc.. but I think it is good to gauge fan opinion and a club legend like Tugay etc. would be a good start to getting more numbers through the turnstiles.

The most important thing for me, is to identify what style of play we want the club to follow. We can then choose a manager that is famed for a certain approach.

Dragan Stojkovic

The most important style: winning.

Archived