BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vukcevic

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anybody actually seen him play for more than 45 minutes though? He did come with a good reputation and I do belive he is a good player, but I'm slightly ashamed to admit that my opinion of him is quite heavily influenced by how bloody great he is on Football Manager. Just wondering what everybody else is basing their opinions on?

Has anybody actually seen him play for more than 45 minutes though? He did come with a good reputation and I do belive he is a good player, but I'm slightly ashamed to admit that my opinion of him is quite heavily influenced by how bloody great he is on Football Manager. Just wondering what everybody else is basing their opinions on?

Used to watch a lot of football in portugal. Cracking player for Lisbon. Had pace, could pick a pass, great crosser.

Showed glimpses here imo. But looks good then disappeared.

Played the full 90 against Sunderland didn't he? scored as well.

I've certainly not seen enough of him to pass a proper judgement. The worry is that because of his lack of games and good rep he is being bigged up more than he should be.

If he is fit and putting in the effort in training then i don't see why he isn't getting a chance, as said above, must be a better option than Lowe on the right wing?

I saw him in the MK Dons game earlier this year, very frustrating on the night. He spent most of his time running sideways with the ball and would then fall over at the slightest of touches. His first game in a while but I would have liked to see him try to impress, it worries me that he couldn't get past League 1 players that night.

I thought all this stuff with Simon pointed to a clause in his contract meaning Rovers had to pay some sort of fee per appearance. Was that proved or disproved at all?

I think that was just a wild guess based on what happened with Salgado and Roberts around the same time. Somebody did deny it, and he has appeared in the first team since.

About time Cryer asked some real questions about this guy. Quite blatantly not down to footballing ability. So what? My bet is still the appearance fee.

It was hardly kept a secret when Salgado and Roberts were out. There is no way it would have gone on for this long without it being reported if it was that dodgy.

The attitude thing is the most logical. However, if Black wants us to wipe the slate clean with the management, then he needs to do so with the players. I don't blame any player for having an attitude problem with Kean in charge.

It was hardly kept a secret when Salgado and Roberts were out. There is no way it would have gone on for this long without it being reported if it was that dodgy.The attitude thing is the most logical.

That was only because those two that you mention were very vocal about it on Twitter etc. Simon's hardly likely to be kicking up a public fuss, outside of Brockhall I doubt anyone even recognises him.

• Backroom

Black will have been backing Kean's decision to exclude Vukcevic, so maybe he doesn't want to or doesn't feel he can bring Simon back into the fold. I think we'll have to wait for an entirely new manager to come in before we see if Simon's exile is going to come to an end.

As for whether he's overrated, impossible to say really based on his limited appearances... but one thing's for sure, he's bound to be better than Formica on right wing.

I saw him playing pre-season against Go Ahead Eagles (came on as 2nd half sub), and was very threatening. Give the guy a shot!

Archived