BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vukcevic

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

he must be overrated. If the answer for rovers problems are just to put him on the field, youknowwho would have used him and saved his job.

i remember when we signed him a former norwegian scout named Tor Kristian Karlsen (now ceo in monaco) said on twitter "blackburn is signing vukcevic. what the hell are they thinking? if i werent certain of relegation before, i am certain now."

when someone asked him to elaborate it he said something like "he's got the mobility of a fridge."

i would assume somone who has worked as a scout for grasshopper, watford, Bayern leverkusen, Hannover and Zenit Saint petersburg knows what he is talking about.

I think he would do a better job than formica on our wing, but he's no messias that will save us. Hell even Bruno ribeiro gets picked before him

I would wager those attitude issues would be helped by actually giving him a few games.

Some players will have attitude problems but then I think if players felt they were rotting in the reserves when they had the talent to be in the first team, a lot of them might be thought to be showing a bit of attitude.

he must be overrated. If the answer for rovers problems are just to put him on the field, youknowwho would have used him and saved his job.

Would he? Because he's such a footballing genius? Kean displayed no ability to identify Rovers' problems, let alone solve them, as demonstrated extensively with his failure to recognise our dearth of defensive talent after disposing of our three best centre backs. So I feel far more inclined to believe that Vukcevic hasn't played because Kean is an idiot that can't spot a player. As someone else said, perhaps Black has backed that decision and can't step back from it now, or perhaps Vukcevic got fed up of this crap and had a run in with Kean. Or it might be true about his fee being linked to appearances. All of these are better arguments than 'Kean would have used him if he was good'.

Would he? Because he's such a footballing genius? Kean displayed no ability to identify Rovers' problems, let alone solve them, as demonstrated extensively with his failure to recognise our dearth of defensive talent after disposing of our three best centre backs. So I feel far more inclined to believe that Vukcevic hasn't played because Kean is an idiot that can't spot a player. As someone else said, perhaps Black has backed that decision and can't step back from it now, or perhaps Vukcevic got fed up of this crap and had a run in with Kean. Or it might be true about his fee being linked to appearances. All of these are better arguments than 'Kean would have used him if he was good'.

ok stick with your conspiracy theory that he has an appearance fee. it sure must be a more valid argument than that he simply isnt good enough.

Rochina also had an allegged apperance fee. we suddenly can afford to use him now? kean still owns a part of the club? or was it the scottish mafia? those theories worked out well didnt they?

The fact is most people on here have not seen vuckevic in more than 1 or 2 games and maybe a youtube clip, yet everyone praises him like he's the best player to ever put the rovers shirt on. as far as i've been told he didnt really blast Mk Dons to pieces with his performance.

i have seen many players who has looked really promising and not been given a proper chance in their new club. sometimes the players don't cut it, other times the manager picks someone else over him.

Excuse me, but it's not a conspiracy theory. It's a theory. Deals with appearance related clauses happen all the time- I believe our fee for Hoilett includes such clauses for us. I never implied a conspiracy, though it's possible the clauses turned out to be quite steep at a time when we needed money, and things could have easily deteriorated since then. To bandy my suggestion in the same category as Kean/Scottish mafia owning the club is ridiculous and inaccurate. I never heard anything about a Rochina appearance fee, and I have never suggested Kean owns the club or mentioned Scottish mafia until this post.

It's also hyperbole for you to say that 'everyone praises him like he's the best player to ever put the rovers shirt on'. I haven't seen a single person go near that far, and most (myself included) seem to simply suggest he would be better than what we've been using- or at the very least, deserves a proper shot at breaking into the team because, yes he has only played seven games for us, but what we've seen has shown he could well be a handy player. MK Dons aside, which was his first game in some time and could have had a host of factors at work (fitness, confidence, disillusionment, poor tactics, wanting to leave). I don't say that as an excuse, I say it because his cameos last season showed a far better performance level against far better opposition. Yes, ideally his hunger would have blasted all those factors away, but ideally we wouldn't have had a muppet of a manager let him waste away.

You seemed to put some words in my mouth, so I'm going to put some in yours too. Are you saying you'd rather play Lowe there? Formica, out of position? Fact is Vukcevic has shown enough on the pitch when he's been allowed on it to suggest he deserves a run. To be playing Lowe there instead is just a joke.

How good he is nobody really knows, but what i do know is he is better and more complete than every other wide player we have(and at least twice as good as MGP in open play) and im sure he is better than 75%o of wide players in this crappy league, So there MUST be much more to him not getting games other than ability.

Exactly....nobody's making him out to be this amazing player....just surely a better option than Lowe, Formica, Pedersen, Goodwillie, Salgado, Henley and Modeste who have all played on the right wing instead of him......which imo is completely ridiculous....there must be something up.

Maybe Kean just didn't rate him or was upset that he didn't want him in the first place.....but Kean clearly doesn't know what a good player is or Henley would have played a lot more.

ok sorry, it was not my intention to put words in your mouth. My point is we have heard all these theories over 18 months now and none can't be confirm. Shebby have said that this specific theory or speculation was wrong, players would not be picked based on appereance fees. So i mentioned the other theories as an example because you wrote that appereance fee was a better argument than not good enough.

yes i'm exaggerating when i say "everyone praises him like he's the best player to ever put the rovers shirt on." somtimes when i write here i cant find a direct translation from norwegian to english, and then i might use exaggeration to make my point clear

I do read every post on every game thread on here and i would say quite many posts have "why no simon" etc in them. To be honest i would have loved to have seen Simon play more, but sometimes players just dont make it in their new club, simple as that.

when Vukcevic got signed i thought he would be a long term replacement for MGP. I dont really know why he hasn't been used, but since youknowwho has tried 7-8 players then maybe its his own fault he don't get the chance

I've always been excited by Vukcevic, particularly when we were announced to have signed him. As people have said, he was a beast before coming here.

Don't think anyone has mentioned the tearing apart that he gave Swansea last season, which, if not for Yakubu's four-goal performance, would have surely seen Vukcevic up there in terms of performance. He was a menace to that Swansea back-line and didn't look got a minute like he'd missed a step.

Someone told me he was having a few personal problems after moving here, however, it's entirely plausible to think that his attitude may have changed under the clown, as has been the case with many of the players in that squad right now.

I said on Twitter that Vukcevic should get a run of games over Formica on that RW. If he's not fast enough, then lets see if he'd be open to coming more central and attempting more of a play-maker role. His passing has been proven to be exquisite, and with the average performances of Murphy, it'd be a good time to try something else.

I'm glad he's still here. Hopefully the new manager will see his ability and get him back on the pitch. Definitely more to come from him, for me.

when someone asked him to elaborate it he said something like "he's got the mobility of a fridge."

You mean he plays like Danny Murphy?

I think he's a bit faster than that. Simon hasn't got one foot bolted to the undersoil heating system.

I would love to see Simon again. What exactly is going on with him at Rovers?

Still not enough communication coming from the club, in spite of Shebby.

Archived