BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Vukcevic

Two years ago I saw Simon twice playing for Montenegro and on the 1st occasion with his centre-forward mate he kept a complete Bulgaria National side fully occupied and shitless everytime they got the ball. The energy and movement were very impressive and when we signed him I thought we had a great player for the 'out' ball who would keep defences busy and bring in other players.

Its a scandal (Kalinic,Petrovic too) that we have not capitalised on his ball skills....these guys are artists not 'hoof' merchants.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We differ then. And Grabbi was an artist as well.

Whether they fitted in to the "English" style is at issue plus whether they were used properly as well.

And Jordan Rhodes is already going the same way....and I think its the fault of unsophisticated management !

• 4 weeks later...

Topman wrote:You're obviously forgetting he scouted Phil Jones

He might have scouted Phil Jones in his own delirious world but he cocked up big time by saying John 'O Shea,Gabriel Obertan, Mame Diouf,Frederico Macheda, & Darron Gibson would not have improved our squad! so I would say coco's judgement is like bog role paper if a good player came up and bit him on the behind he would still bench them or not use them at all. To think he even turned down those players who might have saved us is just pure insanity :rolleyes:

• Backroom

He's probably on huge wages?

Considering he was signed by Venky's during the austerity era last season I doubt it. Maybe a big appearance fee but I'd be stunned if the same people who bought Goodwillie, Yakubu and Petrovic shelled out massive wages for Vukcevic.

• Backroom

I noticed that during half time he was kicking a ball around himself whilst Pedersen messed around with Jake Kean and two other subs warmed up together

There was reports of an attitude problem, wonder if he speaks English

• Backroom

Him and Pedersen were sharing a laugh and a joke at HT too. Both taking free-kicks at each other and crossing balls into each other.

Bet you missed that.

I did sorry

Makes me feel better as I felt a bit bad for the lad at one stage thinking he was a bit excluded

He has to play his class was obvious to anyone watching yesterday I could watch that turn of pace on the halfway line over and over

The guy's a class act. Should've been playing ages ago but for some reason neither Kean nor Black knew he even existed.

Funny the difference a new manager can make.

Lets see if they play him regularly and for the rest of the season.

I did sorry

Makes me feel better as I felt a bit bad for the lad at one stage thinking he was a bit excluded

He has to play his class was obvious to anyone watching yesterday I could watch that turn of pace on the halfway line over and over

I think Nunes and him linked well. We desperately need pace in our team and these 2 look the quickest along with the twins.

He looked like the type of player I thought he would be when we signed him in the first place and what makes him a key player for a very good Montenegrin side. Technically good, inventive, good touch, good vision. I'm glad that he's getting game time under Berg.

Archived