BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eric Black

Stuart

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You could perhaps argue that we should be using more subs, that could be a viable avenue to help us push further forward.

Our only sub yesterday was taking off a knackered Dunn who was the main player attacking Derby, and replacing him with Formica, and then going to 4-4-2 with 2 solid banks of 4.

We could have perhaps brought on Rochina, I agree he can be more of a problem to us but at least he runs at players, he would cause them problems, provide an outball and perhaps help kill off the game with a goal. If not him, Nuno Gomes has the experience and the guile to help us keep the ball upfield, and even Murphy could be a good sub in the centre if we want to keep the ball.

We have bad fitness levels as it as, so why not use all 3 subs to help share the fitness burden.

I thought we played really well during the first half, a pity we couldn't sustain it.

We did alright first half, we quietened the Derby fans and limited them to next to nothing. Apart from the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half though we were dreadful for the 2nd 45. Black summed it up well by saying that we sat deeper and deeper. Trouble is he did nothing to remedy it!

We did alright first half, we quietened the Derby fans and limited them to next to nothing. Apart from the first 5 minutes of the 2nd half though we were dreadful for the 2nd 45. Black summed it up well by saying that we sat deeper and deeper. Trouble is he did nothing to remedy it!

As Chaddy said, he tried to remedy it and force the players to go forward and finish off the opponents. The problem was that the whole team ignored him and decided to sit back instead. I'm starting to think they are too used to Kean's tactics or they prefer Kean over Black.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

I think we should be thankful to Eric Black personally, he's not been exciting or glamorous but has done a great job of sorting the defence and keeping us in touch with the top few

Thanks Eric I hope there is a role for him still but Henning has to have free reign to pick his team

I think we should be thankful to Eric Black personally, he's not been exciting or glamorous but has done a great job of sorting the defence and keeping us in touch with the top few

Thanks Eric I hope there is a role for him still but Henning has to have free reign to pick his team

Absolutely, COYB!!!

Absolutely agree. What a good job he has done organising the team. Saturday was my first visit to Ewood since Chelsea in 2010 and I almost fell asleep BUT we never looked in danger of losing the game. He must almost have more clean sheets in 4 weeks thank Kean in his whole reign!

Thanks Eric and good luck

Yep, he did all we could have asked for in the caretaker role. Hopefully Berg can build on the stronger defense while making us more of an attacking threat.

Archived