BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eric Black

Stuart

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not the right man for the job, but it makes sense that they are saying positive things about him. We are in a promotion chase and they need the players to respond to the manager and not just think that he may only be here for tonight.

Apparently Eric Black HAS managed before, with stints at Motherwell and Coventry, so no one can criticize him for being inexperienced. And he actually did very well at Coventry before he left to join Steve Bruce or something, so you can't accuse him for being inexperienced or a bad manager. Of course, I'm not saying "let's get Eric Black in as the new manager IMMEDIATELY!" but people are quick to criticize without even knowing anything about the guy.

And before anyone points it out, Eric Black didn't do too well at Motherwell, I know that as well.

Exactly, so by your own admission, one club he did "very Well" - the other he didn't.... he's hardly what I would consider experienced either. 50 odd games in charge?

Madness. Total madness.

What if he has Kean's little honeymood period? A big aspect of Kean leaving should be about getting the fans back, feeling excited again....Black isn't going to do that.

Don't think it would be total madness - but it would be extremely risky. Venky's have a lot of money riding on us getting promoted at the first time of asking - they need to appoint the best manager possible to make that possible. If Black was that person IMO he would have had a better influence on team affairs while Kean's No 2 - but I don't know what power Kean allowed to slip from his grasp, or whether it was Kean's way or the highway.

Exactly, so by your own admission, one club he did "very Well" - the other he didn't.... he's hardly what I would consider experienced either. 50 odd games in charge?

Um, no I'm saying he's been criticized for the wrong things such as lacking experience. And like I said, I'm not advocating for Eric Black to be the next manager permanently, but it seems that people are jumping on his back and saying he's a bad manager, he's inexperienced, if he was any good he'll be snapped up to manage for a club by now, etc......just thought I should set the record straight.

Apparently Eric Black HAS managed before, with stints at Motherwell and Coventry, so no one can criticize him for being inexperienced. And he actually did very well at Coventry before he left to join Steve Bruce or something, so you can't accuse him for being inexperienced or a bad manager. Of course, I'm not saying "let's get Eric Black in as the new manager IMMEDIATELY!" but people are quick to criticize without even knowing anything about the guy.

And before anyone points it out, Eric Black didn't do too well at Motherwell, I know that as well.

DO YOU NOT CARE HE SLAGGED FANS OFF ?

DO YOU NOT CARE HE SLAGGED FANS OFF ?

You can criticize him for that, I don't mind. Particularly about the knighthood comment. Still makes me laugh.

And hardly1980, it's not that I'm in favor of them, I just don't like seeing people get slagged off, that's all. Especially if they don't deserve it.

There we go, confirmation that Black isn't the man for the job.

That starting formation meant we couldn't mount any attacks because we had no width. 3-5-1-1?

Strange substitutions as well. Dunn for Rhodes? Obviously he was aiming to play for a point.

Nothing against the guy but he clearly isn't the man for the job and I hope Venkys are bright enough to see this. Strange tactics, strange team selection and strange substitutions, just not good enough. We need a proper manager in straight after that Wolves game.

There we go, confirmation that Black isn't the man for the job.

That starting formation meant we couldn't mount any attacks because we had no width. 3-5-1-1?

The 5 provide width what are you on about

Not spectacular but a clean sheet, always start from the back when inheriting a team, we just lack a "plan"

Plam should be to not stick with Black! Taking Rhodes of for Dunn with minutes to go???? Thanks Eric, you sure made my mind up!

I meant in general, not aimed at Black, this should hopefully prove he shouldn't get the gig, merely pointing out that you build on clean sheets then sort a final third system/gameplan strategy

Black out!!

Ha ha doesn't have the same ring to it

Eric Black does appear to be different from Kean and to be fair, when I first saw the formation, I thought well at least he has the courage to make a clear change from Kean's system.

However, there wasn't a plan out there today apart from defend at all costs and yes, the clean sheet is great and was well deserved but going forward, we had absolutely nothing to show at all. It was embarrassing but to be fair to the forward line, the service was dire.

Good result for a caretaker and a solid defence is what you mount a decent season upon but with him only having two games to show what he can do, there was far too little to show that he has what he takes over other prospective managers over this and the next game.

Nothing against him personally but I just think there are many other better prospects out there for the job. Will still be behind him on Saturday though for his last game in charge.

I meant in general, not aimed at Black, this should hopefully prove he shouldn't get the gig, merely pointing out that you build on clean sheets then sort a final third system/gameplan strategy

Black out!!

Ha ha doesn't have the same ring to it

blacks cack

to misquote wesley snipes.........NEVER bet on black

sack black is probably the most apt

Some pathetic comments on here. We shipped so many goals under Kean. Defence was abysmal. Black got a clean sheet away from home. Yes we didn't attack but cast your minds back to Mark Hughes. He came in and sorted the defence out. We played awful football for about 9 months.

Grow up and stop thinking 'football manager' style that we can just bring in a big name and win game after game. This is reality. I hope the club take their time with the appointment and in the meantime, from what i've seen and heard from him, I'm happy with Black in temporary charge.

Abbey - "he slagged the fans off" boo hoo effing hoo. Grow up! Of course he was going to back his boss. He was a couple of weeks into a new job. Idiot

Archived