BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eric Black

Stuart

Abbey - "he slagged the fans off" boo hoo effing hoo. Grow up! Of course he was going to back his boss. He was a couple of weeks into a new job. Idiot

Abbey was being funny, he didn't really mean it - in case you haven't understood his humor by now. Especially when he types everything in CAPS, it means he's trying to be funny.

Oh come on, admit that the knighthood comment was funny. I mean, I saw Eric Black as being subtly sarcastic about the whole thing (a knighthood for putting up with abuse? Really? Then I deserve a knighthood as well), and the whole notion of The Deluded One being knighted by Her Majesty is so ridiculous I can't stop laughing whenever I picture it.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't rhyme though...

If Black fails to bring us back,

He will face the blackest sack.

A list of managers is in the rack,

Some of whom experience lack

And others who are just plain hacks.

Best if from Molde we hijack

Ole Solskjear to replace Eric Black

And not Roy Keane to whip the pack

Because he is surely out of whack.

I hope Shebby Singh is not a quack.

Some pathetic comments on here. We shipped so many goals under Kean. Defence was abysmal. Black got a clean sheet away from home. Yes we didn't attack but cast your minds back to Mark Hughes. He came in and sorted the defence out. We played awful football for about 9 months.

Grow up and stop thinking 'football manager' style that we can just bring in a big name and win game after game. This is reality. I hope the club take their time with the appointment and in the meantime, from what i've seen and heard from him, I'm happy with Black in temporary charge.

Abbey - "he slagged the fans off" boo hoo effing hoo. Grow up! Of course he was going to back his boss. He was a couple of weeks into a new job. Idiot

Knob off... Who you calling idiot?

Admittedly myself and others are being slightly critical of Black but let's face it, he's on a 3 game trial. From what i saw Saturday and what I've heard from the game last night it's a complete myth that we're now an organised outfit. We've been completely outplayed in both matches and but for the opposition's finishing would have lost by a couple of goals.

I also thought last night was a great opportunity for Black to stamp his own mark on the squad, which he failed to do by not brining in a change of personnel.

One thing is for sure, the new man in charge has to make getting the best out of Jordan Rhodes an urgent priority. Right now he's like a lost sheep up there and his confidence must be taking an absolute whack.

There was little sign last night of Black sorting the defence out. It was a shambles and we got lucky.....again.

The only way to sort the defence out or improve it is to simply bring new personnel in.

This has to be the remit of Venkys and the new manager to replace the quality of certain players for better ones. Orr and Dann should be bombed out of the club for a starter along with a few others.

• Backroom

The only way to sort the defence out or improve it is to simply bring new personnel in.

This has to be the remit of Venkys and the new manager to replace the quality of certain players for better ones. Orr and Dann should be bombed out of the club for a starter along with a few others.

While I'm tempted to agree, let's not forget that we shipped goals under Kean with a defense consisting of: Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Givet. And that was with Phil and Jermaine Jones sat in front of them! Yes, our defense is playing crap, but it's unfair to judge their ability, when they're in fact as good or as bad as our best defenders could play under Kean (struggling to word that last bit due to lack of caffeine, but you know what I mean).

While I'm tempted to agree, let's not forget that we shipped goals under Kean with a defense consisting of: Salgado, Samba, Nelsen, Givet. And that was with Phil and Jermaine Jones sat in front of them! Yes, our defense is playing crap, but it's unfair to judge their ability, when they're in fact as good or as bad as our best defenders could play under Kean (struggling to word that last bit due to lack of caffeine, but you know what I mean).

We've seen more than enough to make a call on their abilities after the past two years of poor performances whilst the manger took the can for this now hes gone the spotlight falls onto the players now.

There is such a hang over from kean its untrue.

Have we forgotten that the man in charge (right now) has only been in place for days!

Anyone expecting drastic improvements were always going to be in for a shock.

I personally believe kean didn't listen to a word said by any of the coaches. So to tar balck iwth kean is very unfair.

Give Black a chance. I don't think he is the long term answer but he deserves a chance.

From

http://www.football3...ns-must-return? has he been drinking from Kean's BS cup

Despite receiving warm words of encouragement from the club's outspoken global advisor Shebby Singh, the man in possession insists he has not entertained thoughts of making the job his own.

"It's about Saturday and as far as I know that's all I'm doing," Black said.

"I'm getting about it tomorrow morning again and we'll be ready to go.

"I really haven't thought about that (getting the job full-time). I just want to focus on getting a result.

"I'm not daft enough to think that, if we lose on Saturday, two points out of a possible nine is as good for me as five points out of a possible nine.

"However, I've got to purely just focus on the team at the moment. That's all I've got to focus on because that's the short-term impact I can have."

Who writes the scripts for these geniuses

I hope whoever comes in realizes what a dosser he is and sacks him off so he can get back to his life of abusing his neighbours and drinking buckfast or whatever his favourite pastimes were before.

+1

black said in his interview after the game, that the fans are expecting exciting names, so surely he knows he wouldn't be the fans idea of a good appointment and back off so we can appoint someone who will lift the support?

I've not read a lot of this thread but was thinking about Eric Black earlier. In effect the guy knows he's, in all probability, just a couple of weeks away from losing his job. New manager = new back room team more often than not. Yes, he's paid very well, and will be compensated well (I don't know the length of his contract mind you) should this happen.

However, i reckon he's doing his best and his post match comments showed that he's capable of telling the truth and not painting a false picture in order to make himself look better in the eyes of certain people. How very refreshing.

I'm not sure how he can "back off" at this stage. Come out and say he's just playing at it (in effect) while they find the "right man" ?

I'd be amazed if he gets the job, even if we destroy Wolves. We should cut the guy a bit of slack.

• Backroom

I struggle to see Eric Black as anything other than a remnant of Kean's regime, along with worms like Agnew, Orr, Dann and Shaw. I'm not going to get on his back for it, but I'm looking forward to him (hopefully) leaving and a new backroom team coming in completely devoid of all traces of Steve Kean's influence.

I'd be amazed if he gets the job, even if we destroy Wolves. We should cut the guy a bit of slack.

In fairness, it's a left over effect from Kean's reign, where any signs of positivity from the fans was twisted into support for the management. I can understand why people are tentative in showing Black any support in case Venky's twist it into something it isn't.

It will take a long time for that trust to come back.

I've not read a lot of this thread but was thinking about Eric Black earlier. In effect the guy knows he's, in all probability, just a couple of weeks away from losing his job. New manager = new back room team more often than not. Yes, he's paid very well, and will be compensated well (I don't know the length of his contract mind you) should this happen.

However, i reckon he's doing his best and his post match comments showed that he's capable of telling the truth and not painting a false picture in order to make himself look better in the eyes of certain people. How very refreshing

From what little I see, I like Eric Black though I would not want him as manager. He's a reminder of the Kean regime and needs to go, so the owners, the supporters and the squad can start with a clean slate.

That said, if he can get three positive results during his time as caretaker manager, he'll have done his CV a world of good and should be back to work in short order. So its could for him and good for us if he can get a win on Saturday.

Agree with above post. No-one is slagging him off, everyone is behind him as temporary manager but his permanent appointment would be laughable.

"he deserves his chance". Why?( Second time I've asked the question.)

Agree with above post. No-one is slagging him off, everyone is behind him as temporary manager but his permanent appointment would be laughable.

"he deserves his chance". Why?( Second time I've asked the question.)

I'll reserve judgement until after his first home performance tomorrow against one of the divisions fancied teams.

A clean sheet with a good attacking winning performance will go a long way in persuading the powers that be that he could do the job. Another dire performance and I think he will have blown his chances.

Archived