BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eric Black

Stuart

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Surely Black will understand if he doesn't get this right first the support will be on to him immediately? He must also appreciate the shortcomings in the squad are likely to make the job very tough indeed.

I think he'd be daft to take the job

“I don't know what Rhodes is thinking, he ran himself to a standstill but we are asking things that have never been asked of him.

“We had all off the front players on the bench and we needed presence because we need to get ball up sooner.

“I am carrying on. There are elements we need to change, if we are able to do that then fine, if not we will carry on"

Strange comments by Black, is he criticising his own team selection? Or is someone else picking the team?

Black will get the job, guaranteed. Shebby wants control of affairs, I think Black's quotes show that.

Don't let Shebby pull the wool over your eyes. If Black took on the job without full control, he's be mad but sadly I think this is how it will turn out.

Kean going was never going to solve our problems overnight, with such amateurs running the club. The best thing they could have done was to get a chief executive with knowledge of the English game and give him free reign to sort things out, rather than clueless, power-hungry Shebby Singh.

We are still deep in the woods, make no mistake about that.

Surely Black will understand if he doesn't get this right first the support will be on to him immediately? He must also appreciate the shortcomings in the squad are likely to make the job very tough indeed.

I think he'd be daft to take the job

But do you really think he cares about that? Kean didn't, he just carried on taking the Kean till he decided that he could screw more money out of Rovers by resigning and claiming constructive dismissal. Why wouldn't Black do the same?

After all, Kean picked him so they must have seen eye to eye on things.

Black will no doubt calculate how much he'll take home by hanging in there for a couple of years, irrespective of results and the crowd reaction. He's already shown contempt for the fans in his first weeks at the Club! He's not going to let us stand between him and a huge pension pot.

The only people who will care about what's happening would be us. You'd think Venkys would but no doubt Black's missus will get on with Mrs Desai and he'll survive anything-----always provided he puts the long hours in and proves himself a thinker.

I agree with others that we are not out of the woods with Kean's resignation, we could well face more of the same. Judging by the 3 Games we've suffered under Black so far, that seems a certainty if he's appointed.

“I don't know what Rhodes is thinking, he ran himself to a standstill but we are asking things that have never been asked of him.

“We had all off the front players on the bench and we needed presence because we need to get ball up sooner.

“I am carrying on. There are elements we need to change, if we are able to do that then fine, if not we will carry on"

Strange comments by Black, is he criticising his own team selection? Or is someone else picking the team?

When I read that in the LT, I wondered the same.

If Black and Hendry where to continue at Ewood then one would expect the boycott to be back on from the Rovers masses and if they chose the wrong persons to manage the club.

Over to Venkys

At what point will Rovers fans decide that a manager is good enough? If he doesn't win the majority of his first half dozen games?

Are we going to turn into the type of deluded fans who demand instant success or kick off?

The only reason at this stage to resume protests would be if it transpires that Kean hasn't really left, if we give prospective managers the impression that they won't be given time how can we expect anyone BUT Black.

However, if Eric Black becomes manager, either by default because no-one else will come, or by design, then we must get behind him and the team.

For me it seemed that Black has identified that we are conceding too many goals and has attempted to address this. His plan yesterday appeared to be to keep another clean sheet and build from there - maybe nick a goal. It didn't work but who's to say that the next manager coming in wont attempt to do the same?

Despite two years of misery some people are now acting like spoilt brats and seem to want a knight in shining armour to ride in and to automatically return us to the PL. It isn't that simple and at the very least it requires all Rovers fans to be pulling in the same direction.

Archived