BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Wolverhampton Wanderers

The Yak hardly got decent service and chances laid on a plate though in our relegation season did he? But still managed a very healthy return scoring a myriad of different goals home and away. There is a reason he was often free in the box, in the right place at the right time and we are yet to see whether Rhodes has those instincts at a higher standard. On the evidence of the last three or four games it is clear he nees to learn the subtleties of his trade at this slightly higher standard. Not surprisingly really as a new player, at a new club, following a big money move.

He didn't? Man United goal from a throw in and QPR when he turned a couple of players....they're the only ones I can think of where you could say he created them himself......his movement was of course very good but I was watching Rhodes intently in a Scotland friendly versus Australia and he was constantly on the move, in and around the box.....I was really impressed with his movement, then he made a great run ahead of a defender and scored a very nice header.

I know he's relatively unproven at this level but imo the fact he scored that many goals at League 1 level means he is surely too good for that league......6 goals in 10 starts this season for club and country as well.

Zamora's scoring record at Brighton was marginally better than Rhodes at Huddersfield, and since then he's gone on to become an established PL striker and has made the England squad. He's a far more realistic but still impressive player to compare Rhodes to than Alan Shearer. The latter comparison is frankly acute insanity.

Well to be its not good enough for an £8m striker playing in the 2nd tier to say I'm not getting any chances, don't expect me to do anything. I'm not totally slating the guy cause its early days. I just hope we start seeing more from him.

If I remember correctly, the tentative comparisons to Shearer were mostly after the Bristol City game where both sets of fans were mightily impressed with his all-round play.....Zamora has made the England squad haha....doesn't take much does it? Are Francis Jeffers and David Nugent good strikers as well? Zamora is just a Heskey or Roberts.

I think if Rhodes doesn't become a success under a real manager then it will be our fault for buying him imo.....we knew, or should have known, what type of striker he was and if we don't play to his strengths then we are to blame......similar to Kalinic or even Goodwillie when playing strikers who rely on link-up play as lone strikers.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been too angry to post for a week since the Wolves debacle, you've got to hand it to Rovers in Eric Black we appear to have found the one person in the footballing world who makes Steve Kean look like a footballing genius.

"Right Colin, who would you say have been our two most consistent players this season."

"I'd say Etuhu and Nuno Gomes boss."

"I've got a great idea Colin. I'll drop them!"

And did he really say after spending 8m on Rhodes we don't have the strikers who can score at this level?

The guy should have been marched off the premises after making that interview. The longer he is left in charge he will sap the confidence of the players with his ridiculous system and complete lack of service up to Rhodes. The latter I might add being completely blameless in my view for his mini drought since Cack took over.

Rev, Etuhu was out of the Forest game with a virus, hence why he was just on the bench. I'm guessing they were really hoping to not have to use him. Agree that Gomes should have started though. I can understand that he can't play every game but this was the game before a 2 week international break. I'm sure he would have been ok for it.

Well looking at the energy he put into warming up he obviously thought he would. He showed more on the touchline than the rest put together on the field. Short of fouling one of our players on the touchline and getting on the pitch before black could stop him, he couldn't have done more to get himself put on.

• Backroom

Pre season people say we are going down.

We then win a few games and they say the league is ridiculously easy.

We then lose a couple and we are doing down again?

Archived