BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Wolverhampton Wanderers

Bringing 3 family members with me on Saturday, who between them have seen about 3 games in 20 years. Hoping for a big crowd but reckon it'll be around 19k, which isn't too shabby.

What a bizarre sig.

Vuckcevic (whats been seen of him he has what not many others have i.e. class)

He looked like a headless chicken. Maybe in the youtube clips you've seen he looked good but for Rovers he looked lost and kept falling over. That doesn't constitute as class in my book. Grabbed an assist but doesn't look like the midfield equivalent of a striker who does nothing but then pops up and scores frequently. Would rather give Nunes a go.

I hope our fans are one day going to start hoping for a Rovers victory. Kean's gone and, even back then, hoping for defeats (and getting them!) didn't exactly work in getting rid of Kean. Two years of that stuff... I think people need to move on from this mentality.

YES

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see Vuckcevic is getting a reputation despite hardly ever playing.

Reminds me of the time Kalinic was left out of the side for ages and suddenly became a superstar in peoples memories because the rest of the team were so bad. He came back for a game and showed exactly why he hadn't played.

• Backroom

My first game back and my dad feels fit to forfeit his ticket as my missus wants to come. Let's hope Rovers put on a show so they can gain a new fan (or maybe I should beat a love of Rovers into her?)

i think Black should go with the same formation only bringing CKR in for Gomes and Peds in for Formica

Lowe and Peds chasing round midfield should allow space for Murphy to get on the ball and pick the passes out for Ollsson and Orr on the flanks and the ever willing runs of CKR allowing Rhodes to do what he does best , be a penalty box palyer

thats the theory anyway!!!

another clean sheet

2-0 Rovers

• Backroom

i think Black should go with the same formation only bringing CKR in for Gomes and Peds in for Formica

Lowe and Peds chasing round midfield should allow space for Murphy to get on the ball and pick the passes out for Ollsson and Orr on the flanks and the ever willing runs of CKR allowing Rhodes to do what he does best , be a penalty box palyer

another clean sheet

2-0 Rovers

Only bit I disagree with there is Pedersen for Formica. Pedersen covers more distance on the pitch, BUT Formica is great at chasing down players (and he has a neat pass on him when playing forward). I'd be looking at either leaving Pedersen out the side altogether OR having him in Lowe's place.

I cant believe people are still calling for Peddy anywhere near the 1st team, listen i was a massive fan of him, not just when he was banging them in but even when he was providing/playing average but now i cant bare to watch him, every thing he does seems like so much effort and a struggle, the simpliest of balls are made to look like a chore! seems hes lost all his ability...i get no joy from sayin this but hes well and truely done, even in this division...

Oh BOY!! .....Am I going to enjoy this??

First match back since Aug 2011, Everton match and boycotting ever since in spite of having paid up-front for my S/T.

I have managed to get my beloved seat in the JW back, and I have not been able to settle down to anything since ordering my ticket as soon as I heard that the idiot Kean had gone. Renewed my Railcard,and got my train tickets sorted. OOOOOOOHHHHHHH CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW.

ROVERS 3....WOLVES 1.

EDIT: And to all those that kept on trying to tell me that I would not be back after all this time.....found other things to do etc

JUST HOW WRONG CAN YOU GET???????

Oh I nearly forgot......Attendance 29,999 (if only Wolves had brought another 200 or so the ground would have been full)

another clean sheet

2-0 Rovers

Like that team - Lowe on the right of Murphy and Peds on the left - helping to cover any breaks as our wing backs bomb forward (well more like a trundle with Orr :tu: )

First match back since Aug 2011, Everton match and boycotting ever since in spite of having paid up-front for my S/T.

I have managed to get my beloved seat in the JW back, and I have not been able to settle down to anything since ordering my ticket as soon as I heard that the idiot Kean had gone. Renewed my Railcard,and got my train tickets sorted. OOOOOOOHHHHHHH CAN'T WAIT FOR TOMORROW.

ROVERS 3....WOLVES 1.

EDIT: And to all those that kept on trying to tell me that I would not be back after all this time.....found other things to do etc

Oh I nearly forgot......Attendance 29,999 (if only Wolves had brought another 200 or so the ground would have been full)

Welcome back Fife. Great to have you! :tu:

Just looking forward to a positive atmosphere and not having to contend with 12 empty seats to my left - and that's sitting in the BBE. Its been depressing going on for the last 2 seasons with all the underlying tension about Kean, glad he's gone, hope we all now get behind the team starting tomorrow.

Would rather see Nunes starting instead of Formica (personally cannot see what he brings to the team), expect few changes. Hope the front 2 get some service for a change. 2-1 to the Rovers

I'm excited to see what the crowd will be like tomorrow. I hope it's around the 20,000 mark, just to ram home how it was Stevie Wonder who was keeping the fans away. There should be a really positive atmosphere around the ground too and a win would be a great way to end what has been a very good week with the manager leaving and two decent results against tough opposition on their own grounds.

3-1 Rovers win.

It's my first game this season, too; so definitely looking forward to it but somewhat nervously, specially as I'll be at the game with a Wolves-supporting former colleague.

Their form's picked up a bit lately and their manager seems a canny one having had success at most of his clubs. However; I was glad to see someone on the previous page of this thread reporting that Doyle's not expected to play for them, although their manager hasn't absolutely ruled him out in today's press conference. That helps us and the expected atmosphere should lift the team; I just hope that we keep behind the team if things don't immediately go our way.

I'm praying for a Rovers win by one goal, 2-1 maybe, in front of a crowd just short of 20,000.

If only we knew Eric Black doesn´t have a chance to be named as a manager by winning this match. Otherwise this the match all Rovers fans have been waiting for. The clown is out and a lot of fans able to go back. Respect from here to all of you who have been voting with your legs and not gone to matches and now going.

BTW I have nothing against Black. It´s just the way we have playing for the months he has been in the club. He hasn´t improved the game has he?

ROVERS 3....WOLVES 1.

Now that's enthusiasm! Love it :tu:

I was really hoping to be at this one but babysitter has fallen through, soooo, what are the odds of the ticket office moving my seats to the family stand so I can bring my little girl along. She's not good with a lot of noise so thinking centre of BBE lower may not be the best choice.

Only problem is that the season tickets I use don't have my name on, they are my friends tickets (she buys 2 season tickets and I drive, seems fair). She can't make it today though so wondering if the ticket office will allow me to move the seats or not.

Ricky if you ring them this morning, simply quote the season ticket number and name on the ticket, then ask to transfer to family stand, there should not be a problem. They might ask for postcode of their address for security reasons. Obviously say you need a Child ticket too. They will have a paper ticket for your collection at the ticket office under the name of the season ticket holder.

I have moved to the riverside as a one off for this game. As has another season ticket holding mate of mine, but he rang the ticket office yesterday, they didn't have any problems and a paper ticket is waiting for him to collect at the ticket office.

You would be better doing it over the phone first thing, then trying to do it at the ticket office pre match

Archived