BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's London Limited notice of Dissolution

Frankly, his analysis is wrong and it's not hard to see. His first post on this thread is indefensible. He may be more qualified but this is something spun so far from reality that he should apologise. I'm definitely not saying he isn't right in other cases but when he posts such crap as this, it makes everything else worthless.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing Devil's advocate here, what would happen if VLL were actually dissolved?

Before anyone has a fit, I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just postulating for curiosity's sakes.

I guess the company was formed to erect a firewall between Venky's and Rovers, that is, a holding company that can be used as a vehicle to purchase Rovers but which has no liability links to the Venky's conglomerate back in India. So, if the club did become insolvent, only the club's assets could be used to settle with debtors and they could not chase the debt to India. As such, if VLL were to be dissolved then with no holding company, the ownership would be relinquished and the club would go bust and be re-formed as a new entity under new owners.

Does that sound feasible?

In any case, 3 months to send in new accounts, surely even these half-wits could manage that.

Playing Devil's advocate here, what would happen if VLL were actually dissolved?

Before anyone has a fit, I'm not saying it will happen, I'm just postulating for curiosity's sakes.

I guess the company was formed to erect a firewall between Venky's and Rovers, that is, a holding company that can be used as a vehicle to purchase Rovers but which has no liability links to the Venky's conglomerate back in India. So, if the club did become insolvent, only the club's assets could be used to settle with debtors and they could not chase the debt to India. As such, if VLL were to be dissolved then with no holding company, the ownership would be relinquished and the club would go bust and be re-formed as a new entity under new owners.

Does that sound feasible?

In any case, 3 months to send in new accounts, surely even these half-wits could manage that.

I don't think VLL will actually be dissolved BUT

- something is badly wrong when a company is at risk of dissolution for the sake of filing a non-trading set of accounts. The only thing that I can think of is that KPMG the auditors have a serious issue with something....

- Getting a notice of dissolution does change the game somewhat. Until it is issued, a company can file late, pay the fines and say nothing. After the dissolution notice, Companies House has to be convinced that it should withdraw. Not a big hurdle but VLL has some convincing explaining to do.

With regards to the Action Group, OK I accept they don't want to take credit but this dissolution notice letter has gone out pretty well at the very first date it could.

I don't think VLL will actually be dissolved BUT

- something is badly wrong when a company is at risk of dissolution for the sake of filing a non-trading set of accounts. The only thing that I can think of is that KPMG the auditors have a serious issue with something....

- Getting a notice of dissolution does change the game somewhat. Until it is issued, a company can file late, pay the fines and say nothing. After the dissolution notice, Companies House has to be convinced that it should withdraw. Not a big hurdle but VLL has some convincing explaining to do.

With regards to the Action Group, OK I accept they don't want to take credit but this dissolution notice letter has gone out pretty well at the very first date it could.

There are three elements of your original post -

1 ) the dissolution notice and how serious it is. The tone of the original message is that it is serious, then above you say it's probably not going to happen. But you also suggest the story is probably going to break tomorrow. Can we have a 4th position, so all the bases are genuinely covered?

2 ) the message attributes the position to the Action Group. They say it's not, and your response is anything but an apology,. Why can't you admit you were wrong and say sorry for stating it woz them tha dun it, guv.

3 ) the OP is one in a long line of messages from you in the last 18 months or so that has a strange giggling glee like quality to them when you report that something horrible is going to happen to the club or anyone associated with the current owners. Why do you apparently want to have pain befall the club even if you hate Venkys as much as your clearly do? Did your ill fated support of a previous rumoured takeover involve you staking your stack of Maltesers on the outcome and all you have left is a small red packet fluttering in the breeze?

There are three elements of your original post -

1 ) the dissolution notice and how serious it is. The tone of the original message is that it is serious, then above you say it's probably not going to happen. But you also suggest the story is probably going to break tomorrow. Can we have a 4th position, so all the bases are genuinely covered?

2 ) the message attributes the position to the Action Group. They say it's not, and your response is anything but an apology,. Why can't you admit you were wrong and say sorry for stating it woz them tha dun it, guv.

3 ) the OP is one in a long line of messages from you in the last 18 months or so that has a strange giggling glee like quality to them when you report that something horrible is going to happen to the club or anyone associated with the current owners. Why do you apparently want to have pain befall the club even if you hate Venkys as much as your clearly do? Did your ill fated support of a previous rumoured takeover involve you staking your stack of Maltesers on the outcome and all you have left is a small red packet fluttering in the breeze?

Sorry your guesses are all wrong.

However, I realise that I made a mistake in adding "This weekend is going to be exciting" to the end of my opening post. If anything breaks in the Press, it is not related to VLL's dissolution notice.

I am not going any further on the Action Group.

I don't want pain to fall on Venky's and Rovers. The problem for all of us is that Venky's have done things which will inevitably result in pain for them,. the club and the fans. The only issue is when will it all unravel.

Finally, for people saying the VLL issue is nothing much. We are talking about a STATUTORY NOTICE OF AUTOMATIC DISSOLUTION AND CONSEQUENT SEIZURE OF ASSETS BY THE CROWN.

I won't go through each of my queries, but I think the following sums it all up:

I would just like to point out that the BRFC Action Group have not pushed for this outcome.

Sorry your guesses are all wrong.

- in response to me asking why you don't apologise for saying the Action Group were involved.

So either they are and Mark hasn't been telling the truth, or they aren't and your suggestion is wide of the mark. Which is it?

Why's that? As always you've revealed nothing. As always you know nothing.

Why don't you just put him on ignore rather than being so keaning offensive then. Some, probably most of the posters appreciate Philipl and Kammy informing us of things to look out for.

You don't? Really?

No not at all. No one told me Steve Kean was going to resign a week Friday ago. Yet seconds after it broke on Sky Sports News I was aware of it. Are you suggesting that things could happen without us getting a prior "heads up" and we would never know about it?

And, your professional qualifications allow you to categorically state that he is wrong on this matter?

I'm not saying he is right, but he is somewhat more qualified than many on this board ( including me) to make the comments that he has.

All you have to do is google his name, his CV is there for all to see.

I'd cut him a little bit more slack if I were you.

Yeah, we write our own CV's don't we though?

No not at all. No one told me Steve Kean was going to resign a week Friday ago. Yet seconds after it broke on Sky Sports News I was aware of it. Are you suggesting that things could happen without us getting a prior "heads up" and we would never know about it?

My point is very simple...if you don't like what he posts then put him on ignore. I may well go out and buy the paper tomorrow, without this 'heads up' I wouldn't have.

....and yet you'd have still found out about it on here. Do you honestly think the only people that are going to know what this is about are those that buy that particular paper tomorrow?

It's people like you sucking up to the "ITK" brigade that keep them coming back causing mass hysteria each time. It's totally unhelpful to all concerned.

Archived