BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

I like the lad, but I can't understand how he starts week in week out. He is slight, not very good in the air, not very fast, not very aggressive, not really got a tackle in him, can't read the game and doesn't have creative bone in his child like torso. Is it just me that thinks he is another Jonathan Douglas? Way out of his depth. Seems a nice guy, honest works hardish, but impersonates a ghost too often for me, like his twin Formica... Rubbish!

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Completely agree. Andy cryer just tweeted that he thought lowe played with "good energy". Dont know what game he was watching but. Suppose you could say a headless chicken has good energy.

His distribution was poor and he didnt really get stuck in. Im almost tempted to say he was better as a rb. Never a natural cm. seems a nice guy and works hard but needs to start showing he has some quality about him.

A bit harsh this topic ,

There were worst offenders on the pitch than Lowe today .Ok he is not the best player , but he does contribute more than

One Danny Murphy and Formica , at a much cheaper cost per minute ..

He should be on loan at a club in a lower league .

Let's not start a witch hunt, the guy is only young and he doesn't pick himself.

It's not as if he's had the best mentor to bring him into the game is it.

Wilcox was poor for months under Dalglish who stuck with him and eventually he became a key player. I'm not saying Lowe will definitely star for us but I remember Wilcox getting huge stick for his performances.

He's a centre mid who's played most of his short career as a fullback. Represented his country at every age level until the under 21s. Not saying he'll end up being a world beater, but to dismiss him at this stage is daft

You can carry one or two players, but when you have three or four ou start looking shocking... Like today. I know Dunnys not he fittest but at least he can contribute to the game. The reason Murphy looks terrible is the lack of movement around him. Such a laboured workman like side it's scary.

I watched Robbo shake his head as Hanley curled a long all straight through to their keeper- says it all. We need players that contribute, not spectate. Pedersen for all his faults is a much better player than Lowe in the centre mid... I'm guessing vuckevic would too, that we will never know though.

He's an extremely poor Savage, runs after the ball, doesn't do much when he's got it, not too sure what he brings as he's not "hard" enough to be a DM and not creative enough to play further forward, the Douglas comparison is spot on, in my opinion anyway

Lowe is one of a raft of players who have either not developed or regressed under the bald one. He's an honest lad, I like him, and I was hoping he'd shine at this level, but unfortunately he's technically not very good. What he can do is run around a lot and I feel this is the only reason he's being picked - to make up for the passengers around him.

Great. Well there you have it no need to buy tomorrows Mail now. We know what the story is;). I'm certain she could pass better than Murphy to be honest mate!

Mrs Fudge player manager.

Double page spread Mail on Sunday.

She won't play 3 at the back at home, with wing backs playing behind Robinson. May even put 2 up top for the last 10 mins when chasing a game.

Back on topic.... Just think Lowe and some of the other younger lads just don't know where they are playing or how to play in the positions they are put in.

We have been pathetic in midfield for longer than I care to remember, Sam did'nt bother much with midfield so didn't really strengthen it and since then the only player worth keeping was Jermaine Jones.

Nzonzi although I don't much care for him was at least more established in that position than young Lowe is, money has to be spent sooner or later on a ball winner and a playmaker in the middle of the park, will it? Well I'm still waiting since Tugay retired and not holding my breath.

• Backroom

He's nowhere near good enough for the first team, even in this division, however it's not his fault that he's being picked. I think he's giving 100% every match and he can only do so much as his current ability allows.

When a new manager comes in I don't expect Lowe to be a regular starter any more.

The 5 Live commentator summed up Lowe perfectly when he was substituted. "Runs around alot but what has he achieved?" Going nowhere but Div 1 (then Div 2 ) with this player.

Jason Lowe's on his own with that statement is he?

Not defending his performances but he's a young lad with potential who is totally lacking any sort of direction and guidance of any sort. What is he, a right back, central or right sided midfield?

I'm keaned if I know what he is supposed to be or how he's supposed to play or what the overall game plan is from one week to the next. Same applies to most of his team mates.

For me his best position would be midfield enforcer.

I think it's criminal to pick on a young lad learning his trade but struggling as a consequence of the chaos that surrounds the club currently.

Give the lad a break

I'm starting to wonder what Jason Lowe actually has to his game. Works hard...that's about it. Seems to be going backwards in terms of his ability, and he was never outstanding to start with. Shouldn't be anywhere near our starting 11 right now, yet plays every week, even out of position? Bizarre.

Archived