BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's too old for the u21's now. That's why he's no longer playing for them.

You have to question though if he's so bloody good in midfield, why did we struggle last season, why did England u21's tank when he was playing for them, and why are we struggling again this season when he is one of the only common denominators?

Bowyer's love affair with Lowe's "magnificent energy" is going to cost him dear if he's not careful. No bloody good if you can't get anywhere near the ball.

Looks like we need another "3 Club" article to try and whip up interest in our "U21 International" and persuade them to pay a hefty fee.

IMO the best thing that could happen is if Lowe picked up an injury (nothing serious) out about 3 months, then we'll see what happens

in his absence.

I'll have a go, maybe they can loan me in to replace him.

I can run for a bit and am a Rovers fan, should get me a game no problem, doesn't matter that I'm truly awful mind.

I might post with more sensible stuff when I've calmed down.

Wanted - Rovers fan, mental stability optional, delusions of grandeur need not apply, must have own humour, you need it

He is not a central midfielder, does he....hold up play, dicatate tempo, make ball winning challenges, lay through ballls to the strikers, spray balls out wide, get up to support the strikers, get back to help the defenders.

He offers nothing to the team in such a influential role.

Steven Reid couldn't pass, dribble or shoot (except for THAT goal) but could run and had bundles of energy (when fit).

The worrying thing with Lowe is that the statement above applies to him and yet he makes Reid look like Dunga.

• Backroom

Steven Reid couldn't pass, dribble or shoot (except for THAT goal) but could run and had bundles of energy (when fit).

The worrying thing with Lowe is that the statement above applies to him and yet he makes Reid look like Dunga.

Reid had/has more talent in his big toe than Lowe has in his entire body. I'm afraid they are incomparable as players, the gulf in class is too wide.

Until that horrible knee injury, Reid had just about developed into an awesome midfield player to the extent that he was being linked seriously with Manure.

Yes, it did take him some time to develop into such a player but he showed from first joining Rovers that there was a little bit about him and there was some clear potential.

I can't see anything at all about Lowe as a footballer and I think Lowe is playing at a level at least one league above his ability. Unfortunately, that can be said about too many of our players including GB's signing of Marrow, Judge and Taylor.

Until that horrible knee injury, Reid had just about developed into an awesome midfield player to the extent that he was being linked seriously with Manure.

Yes, it did take him some time to develop into such a player but he showed from first joining Rovers that there was a little bit about him and there was some clear potential.

I can't see anything at all about Lowe as a footballer and I think Lowe is playing at a level at least one league above his ability. Unfortunately, that can be said about too many of our players including GB's signing of Marrow, Judge and Taylor.

Spot on Mercerman !

Forgetting some of the more negative comments by 95% of rovers fans over the last few weeks;

I thought Jason was excellent yesterday. I was massively impressed by him breaking up Barnsley's play, and an improved level of sideways and backward distributions, giving Spurr, Kane, Cairney and even Dann chances to play diagonals to the wings and set up counters and goal scoring opportunities.

Jason reminds me of Jon Jensen. I know that probably sounds a bit ridiculous, but I believe Jason is getting into the kind of physical stature that makes him an animal on the field. We remember his early games (chelsea away) where he still had his proverbial "kid" head, but he definitely looks a beast to me now, especially in the way he covers every single blade of grass.

We know he is not the kind of easy on the eye creative force, but I take pleasure from the sheer graft he puts into winning possession. When you put an accomplished passer in Cairney next to him, it gives Jason a freedom to support all phases of play, and he is particularly good at defending counter attacks. I also think that the best players can play different positions and he was never a bad right back either. (especially compared to Hardley Orr-inspiring)

He will get better by playing, that is a given. Lots of managers and coaches have thought Jason was something special, and I believe he will be regarded as a mid table premier league club stalwart box to box midfielder by his prime. Hopefully this will be with us.

Forgetting some of the more negative comments by 95% of rovers fans over the last few weeks;

I thought Jason was excellent yesterday. I was massively impressed by him breaking up Barnsley's play, and an improved level of sideways and backward distributions, giving Spurr, Kane, Cairney and even Dann chances to play diagonals to the wings and set up counters and goal scoring opportunities.

Jason reminds me of Jon Jensen. I know that probably sounds a bit ridiculous, but I believe Jason is getting into the kind of physical stature that makes him an animal on the field. We remember his early games (chelsea away) where he still had his proverbial "kid" head, but he definitely looks a beast to me now, especially in the way he covers every single blade of grass.

We know he is not the kind of easy on the eye creative force, but I take pleasure from the sheer graft he puts into winning possession. When you put an accomplished passer in Cairney next to him, it gives Jason a freedom to support all phases of play, and he is particularly good at defending counter attacks. I also think that the best players can play different positions and he was never a bad right back either. (especially compared to Hardley Orr-inspiring)

He will get better by playing, that is a given. Lots of managers and coaches have thought Jason was something special, and I believe he will be regarded as a mid table premier league club stalwart box to box midfielder by his prime. Hopefully this will be with us.

Nice to see the alternative view. Fully agree and have said that Rovers fans better get used to seeing him in the team for a while to come yet. While others inconsistently flatter to deceive you know what you will get with Lowe and managers can work with that. 'Success comes before work' only in the dictionary.

He had a good game yesterday, I'll give you that. I sincerely hope he improves but to give him this moniker of a 'ball winner' is a little bit unjustified, as he hasn't regularly won the ball back, just run around a lot. I don't think he has been strong enough or smart enough to play that role on the past based on what I have seen.

That being said yesterday was a massive improvement on any of his previous performances and I hope that continues.

Looking at that vid

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=X3WOEZAca9s&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DX3WOEZAca9s%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

Jason looks like he is bulking up a fair bit. Need for him to get out there and frighten a few opponents because he's beginning to look a proper psycho!

Reidy could read a tackle though. Tough player.

Also, can we really assess weather he's improved against 10 man Barnsley?

• 3 weeks later...

Again a liability, chasing shadows, kean late tackles, poor distribution.. Awful positional sense.. Surely he needs dropping. Cairney,Evans, Judge could fill our midfield three

To be fair, I thought he played better today than I'd seen previously. Very silly booking and distribution below average at best though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey missed you Bob :tu:

I'm sure you are aware of my continuing Venky's induced abscence. The rights and wrongs have been debated to death so we'll not start down that road. So just to save your typing fingers the answer will be no for this season.

Unless you are saying only the 12,000 attendees can comment on Rovers?

I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe your trigger happiness to chastise me is gettig in the way? I am happy. Lowe is getting to do what he's good at :blink:

Archived