BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Credit where credit is due, Jason seems to be putting in his share of the work and contributing positively to our recent form. When surrounded by better players he seems to perform to a higher standard. I don't think he'll ever be a player that can lift us or bring about positive momentum on his own - as the likes of Cairney, King, Dunn, Rochina and Rhodes can - but provided the players around him are doing well he can put in a good shift as well.

Hey missed you Bob :tu:

I'm sure you are aware of my continuing Venky's induced abscence. The rights and wrongs have been debated to death so we'll not start down that road. So just to save your typing fingers the answer will be no for this season.

Unless you are saying only the 12,000 attendees can comment on Rovers?

I'm not sure what you mean. Maybe your trigger happiness to chastise me is gettig in the way? I am happy. Lowe is getting to do what he's good at :blink:

Ha! Did you go or not?

Lowe must have played well. Revidge hasn't been on slagging him off.

He did his job of breaking up play at crucial moments in the game and made some good interceptions. His partnership with Evans in the middle is coming along nicely.

He did play well last night, which is what we expect of him. However, think he was a tad lucky to get MOM.

He had a good game last last night, not MOM worthy, but a good game.

His touch actually looked good last night and his ability to receive the ball to turn out and spread the play etc was really good, this has always been my main criticism in the past.

Hope he continues like this I really do.

A bit surprised he got the MOTM, I hadn't noticed him that much. A bit surprised as well how little I must have seen of the games over the last 52 years standing on the Riverside.

52 years is a long time to be standing in the Riverside - do you never go home :-)

I still remember with great fondness the old Riverside - and how the crowd on the terracing used to shuffle to the end we were attacking.

52 years is a long time to be standing in the Riverside - do you never go home :-)

I still remember with great fondness the old Riverside - and how the crowd on the terracing used to shuffle to the end we were attacking.

In the JW upper for the last ten/fifteen years TBH. But yes, great memories of the Riverside. I'll never forget the first time I came into it from the turnstile in the middle of the stand. Awestruck I was. All those colours, packed ground, blue and white halves, rattles, brass band, Ronnie Clayton, flat ca..........whoa steady. Anyway, I've been on the riverside recently, mainly because everyone who went with me over they years have dropped away - and it's only a tenner for seniors. For me though, it isn't quite the same as it used to be.

Forgetting some of the more negative comments by 95% of rovers fans over the last few weeks;

I thought Jason was excellent yesterday. I was massively impressed by him breaking up Barnsley's play, and an improved level of sideways and backward distributions, giving Spurr, Kane, Cairney and even Dann chances to play diagonals to the wings and set up counters and goal scoring opportunities.

Jason reminds me of Jon Jensen. I know that probably sounds a bit ridiculous, but I believe Jason is getting into the kind of physical stature that makes him an animal on the field. We remember his early games (chelsea away) where he still had his proverbial "kid" head, but he definitely looks a beast to me now, especially in the way he covers every single blade of grass.

We know he is not the kind of easy on the eye creative force, but I take pleasure from the sheer graft he puts into winning possession. When you put an accomplished passer in Cairney next to him, it gives Jason a freedom to support all phases of play, and he is particularly good at defending counter attacks. I also think that the best players can play different positions and he was never a bad right back either. (especially compared to Hardley Orr-inspiring)

He will get better by playing, that is a given. Lots of managers and coaches have thought Jason was something special, and I believe he will be regarded as a mid table premier league club stalwart box to box midfielder by his prime. Hopefully this will be with us.

Just thought I'd be a massive arse and quote myself.

He is getting better and better every week I see him.

Lowe praised by Bowyer again on the wireless tonight. The "experts" who would rather see him dropped are going to be disappointed.

Deservedly. Never easy shifting to CB and marking Holt/Powell. He did a great job and unfortunately it was set pieces that have cost us again.

Must say though, Williamson played well too.

Deservedly. Never easy shifting to CB and marking Holt/Powell. He did a great job and unfortunately it was set pieces that have cost us again.

Must say though, Williamson played well too.

Indeed. Last two sub appearances he's looked off the pace. Not this weekend, though.

Just thought I'd be a massive arse and quote myself.

He is getting better and better every week I see him.

No problem Jbizzle, it was worth re-posting. A lot of fans from early this season have a lot of egg on their face regarding Jason Lowe. I'm thoroughly enjoying their discomfort as he educates them, as the abuse he received on here has been reactionary and ill considered.

Clearly demonstrates how little the average fan understands about football and general player attributes and quality. Anyone who has played the game would tell you in a heartbeat what Lowe brings to the team, but it goes straight over the heads of those that only rate players if their scoring or creating goals.

Keep it up Jason lad, you are progressing very nicely indeed in my opinion. Great to have players good enough to play in more than one position as well. Extremely useful over a long hard season.

No problem Jbizzle, it was worth re-posting. A lot of fans from early this season have a lot of egg on their face regarding Jason Lowe. I'm thoroughly enjoying their discomfort as he educates them, as the abuse he received on here has been reactionary and ill considered.

Clearly demonstrates how little the average fan understands about football and general player attributes and quality. Anyone who has played the game would tell you in a heartbeat what Lowe brings to the team, but it goes straight over the heads of those that only rate players if their scoring or creating goals.

Keep it up Jason lad, you are progressing very nicely indeed in my opinion. Great to have players good enough to play in more than one position as well. Extremely useful over a long hard season.

Its the fantasy football world we now live in. If hes not scoring fantasy points then he is clearly rubbish.

Add in social media and a few having a pop at him quickly becomes a mob and its now cool to have a dig at him

There are a good few sat near me have a go at him. Costing me a fortune in pies as I have to walk off for a few mins sometimes to calm down and bite my tongue :)

Just don't see Jason Lowe being effective enough as he slows the pace down, doesnt win the headers, and isnt progressive enough in his passing and movement of the ball. Wonder what it would be like if you put Grant Hanley in Jason's central midfield role and compared the two.

Cant fault Jason's effort and commitment though.

Archived