BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

When he shows he can take the ball with a decent first touch, turn out and play a 10 yard pass to someone more creative for a sustained period of games, on a more consistent basis, not just the last 4/5 games then I will remain sceptical of his new found 'attributes'.

He's displayed enough the last 2 years to me to show he doesn't have the brain (or technique for that matter) to play that role. Granted young players develop over time and I've been the first to admit he's improved a lot this season, though it was about time.

I should take into account he was thrown in when he wasn't really ready imo, in a kean team with a kean manager etc.

Obviously Bowyer has seen something in him and if Jason can continue playing like he is now until the new year for example, then I will be convinced. I do trust Bowyer's judgement.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Jase is playing well at the minute alongside good midfielders (Evans/Cairney), he's never going to be a worldbeater but its unfair to judge him over the last 3 seasons when the whole team has been plagued with negativity and awful managers.

I would still have Williamson in the middle with Evans when he is fully fit.

Will be interesting to see who misses out when he has Dunn and Rochina to select from again also. Evans missed out when everyone was fit, but I think he's arguably played himself into definate starter now

Will be interesting to see who misses out when he has Dunn and Rochina to select from again also. Evans missed out when everyone was fit, but I think he's arguably played himself into definate starter now

Chances are this could be an IF, the amount both have been in and out in the past.

Think it will depend on who we're playing against to be honest. Evans to me is top class (for us) and always a starter imo. Think injury hampered him at the beginning but now would be one of my first names on the team sheet.

Against physical teams or teams where we may have a lot of defending to do, it may well be we need the extra steel that Lowe provides in the centre, and other players make way. Against weaker teams in this division I imagine that the defensive capabilities of Evans would be enough.

Also it really depends on Best and Rhodes clicking and keeping their partnership going. If we do end up playing 2 up top more often, again this will have big implications for whether Lowe plays. (IMO it makes it a bit more likely.)

Its the fantasy football world we now live in. If hes not scoring fantasy points then he is clearly rubbish.

Add in social media and a few having a pop at him quickly becomes a mob and its now cool to have a dig at him

There are a good few sat near me have a go at him. Costing me a fortune in pies as I have to walk off for a few mins sometimes to calm down and bite my tongue :)

Exactly.

I'm quite happy to have a player to win the ball and play it simple, every team needs one. Just up until recently, Lowe hasn't proved he can do that on a consistent basis (if at all if I'm quite honest). His first touch is poor IMO and that has always played him into trouble when it comes to distributing the ball, usually to the opposition. His qualities seem to be improving though and I'm all for that.

I think Jase is playing well at the minute alongside good midfielders (Evans/Cairney), he's never going to be a worldbeater but its unfair to judge him over the last 3 seasons when the whole team has been plagued with negativity and awful managers.

I would still have Williamson in the middle with Evans when he is fully fit.

Personally would prefer Lowe to Williamson - personally I wasn't overly impressed by Williamson against Wigan who I thought got past him too easily at times. His lack of pace (possibly fitness as he is only just coming back) left him floundering at times.

• 2 weeks later...

Another deserved MOTM award for Jason. Kept trying whilst those around him were wilting. His performance was topped with a 40 yard dart from the half way line into a cul-de-sac of defenders. Also when he managed to not let that guy past him when he was the last man by backing off for 20 yards. Genius how he knew the guy couldnt shoot. Only negative was one solitary sliding tackle.

My biggest fear is that we wont be able to keep hold of him as every team needs a water carrier - apparently.

His performance was topped with a 40 yard dart from the half way line into a cul-de-sac of defenders.

Now that's what you call damning with feint praise

There really wasn't much choice for MoM today. I'm no longer interested in who the sponsors seem worthy of their company. I rarely understand, let alone agree with, the choices.

Good performance from Jason today, deservedly getting his second man of the match award of the season. A very energetic performance included one good lung-bursting run from midfield in the first-half which nearly created something. Also went very close with a shot from the edge of the area which got deflected for a corner.

When he went on that run forward he had Best to his left free for quite a long time and didn't see him.

He was decent today and I am not his biggest fan but he has improved a bit this season. He shouldn't be undroppable though, especially when we are chasing a game, and Williamson seems to look much fitter than a few games ago, and he was very good last year.

He shouldn't go back to right back, he wasn't that good there positionally, Henley is apparently playing for the reserves on Monday, hopefully he will start at Blackpool although I doubt it.

Good performance from Jason today, deservedly getting his second man of the match award of the season. A very energetic performance included one good lung-bursting run from midfield in the first-half which nearly created something. Also went very close with a shot from the edge of the area which got deflected for a corner.

On your bike laddy !

He's a centre mid who's played most of his short career as a fullback. Represented his country at every age level until the under 21s. Not saying he'll end up being a world beater, but to dismiss him at this stage is daft

Dismissed should have been a claret!

Henley is apparently playing for the reserves on Monday, hopefully he will start at Blackpool although I doubt it.

I take it you didn't go to blackpool away last season. Berg played him at right back and he got eaten alive by real men....unless he's grown 6 inches and put on a stone and half then might as well stick with old Chelsea rent boy.

• Backroom

Cue more gnashing of teeth by the Lowe boo-boys.

I've seen this written a few times but never heard Lowe booed

Good news anyway teams need reliable bodies in the squad, he's limited as a footballer but like Pedersen is rarely injured and will give his all, I still think he's far better at right back though.

Archived