BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

I've seen this written a few times but never heard Lowe booed

Good news anyway teams need reliable bodies in the squad, he's limited as a footballer but like Pedersen is rarely injured and will give his all, I still think he's far better at right back though.

At the beginning of the season there were some groans from the riverside when his name was announced but recent performances have shut those people up now.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its fantastic news.

Hes improving this season, covers a lot of ground and does well defensively. I think his reading of the game is getting better and maybe his all-round passing and impact on the game is increasing as well. Its pretty obvious even to fans who don't like him that hes working very hard at improving and has the right attitude.

Good news anyway teams need reliable bodies in the squad, he's limited as a footballer but like Pedersen is rarely injured and will give his all, I still think he's far better at right back though.

Not quite the same thing but him getting motm v Charlton got booed by a good few in Blackburn end near me

As for the new deal, great news. Good young player with the right attitude, steadily improving and really could be a good player if he keeps improving

Firstly, I'm happy that Lowe has signed a new contract with Rovers

Its fantastic news.

Hes improving this season, covers a lot of ground and does well defensively. I think his reading of the game is getting better and maybe his all-round passing and impact on the game is increasing as well. Its pretty obvious even to fans who don't like him that hes working very hard at improving and has the right attitude.

That's my view totally. good defensively and is trying to improve his attacking side of the game. his attitude is correct and what you want as fan. Lowe knows he need to improve his attacking side and according to his interview in the Lancashire Telegraph this week he is working on this in training

Not quite the same thing but him getting motm v Charlton got booed by a good few in Blackburn end near me

As for the new deal, great news. Good young player with the right attitude, steadily improving and really could be a good player if he keeps improving

I've heard some fans moaned about him being in the team and always on his back when he does something wrong.

I seen that some fans did booed/moaned about Lowe getting motm award in Blackburn end

Its fantastic news.

I would not really put it in the fantastic news bracket myself, it's not like Shearer signing a new contract or Venkys leaving.

Nothing against Lowe, everyone knows what he is all about, puts in the effort and is technically limited. If we are to ever leave this division then i would hazard a guess that Lowe would be squeezed out of the side by better players.

I'm not overly enthused but not gnashing my teeth either. This kind of news doesn't warrant any fanfare but I'm waiting to hear a balanced view from JAL before making my mind up properly.

You might be waiting awhile for that one.

*Meanwhile at casa del JAL*

Jamie-head-in-oven.JPG

We wont be winning many games with Jason in the middle thats for sure unless those around him can pull him through.

You might be waiting awhile for that one.

*Meanwhile at casa del JAL*

Jamie-head-in-oven.JPG

Hes a good lad Jason but that doesnt mean that Rovers will progress in the league with him in the team. Corry Evans looks like the player that Jason should be for me.

Suppose he'll be a cheap option for his sideways, backwards, slow it down, pass to them type of performances in the blue and white shirt. For me though id happily like to see him turning out for Burnley then id know that we had a great competitive advantage with him in their side and not ours.

You need to listen more carefully. Boo-boys in any case can be a generic term for people who don't like someone. It's a bit subtle I know but you'll get it in the end.

You need to listen more carefully. Boo-boys in any case can be a generic term for people who don't like someone. It's a bit subtle I know but you'll get it in the end.

I still don't get it. Boo boys don't boo? What do they do?

Explain it again, grandpa.

Boo-boys in any case can be a generic term for people who don't like someone.

It's easy to understand.

OK, little boy ?

Can you put it in simpler terms, I'm still struggling with the concept.

So you say: Boo-boys = no boos?

You'll be trying to tell me next that it's not just boys who boo. I mean don't boo. Wait. No, I still don't get it.

We wont be winning many games with Jason in the middle thats for sure unless those around him can pull him through.

Hes a good lad Jason but that doesnt mean that Rovers will progress in the league with him in the team. Corry Evans looks like the player that Jason should be for me.

Suppose he'll be a cheap option for his sideways, backwards, slow it down, pass to them type of performances in the blue and white shirt. For me though id happily like to see him turning out for Burnley then id know that we had a great competitive advantage with him in their side and not ours.

Very predictable

• Backroom

So just what competitive advantage does young Jason bring to the team in this league ?

Is it all about developing or getting positive results now.

Steve Kean had a similar 'all players must attack, no defensive ability please' attitude.

Yes, and his stats in the PL backed that up, but I remember you dismissing them anyway.

How come the opposition keep running through our middle then.

Just were the Kean was Lowe when Rovers dropped out of the premier league for such good stats - those stats are absolute keans but obviously good for you championship manager brigade.

Yes, and his stats in the PL backed that up, but I remember you dismissing them anyway.

Statistics for passes and tackles make no distinction between a good, positive one and a bad, negative one.

I don't understand why everyone has to be so committal on this either way.

To be honest, last season I felt that he was a liability. He was never lacking in effort, he lacked the positional awareness, and he was awful on the ball.

The only 2 midfielders that for me showed any real promise (I will discount Dunn and Rochina as they are number 10's) last season were David Jones, who I insist we should have signed instead of Marrow, and is definitely a better midfielder than Lowe, and also Williamson, who I am glad is back fit.

This season, as someone who didn't come into the season as a Lowe fan by any stretch of the imagination, feel that he is more aware of his positioning, he seems slightly better technically when on the ball,although he does go back to Kean still alot who cannot kick.

He stood out specifically as a liability last year, this year he does a much more effective job. I don't think it is case of me or others appreciating him and his role, I feel exactly the same with King. I thought King didn't commit defenders and beat them last year, he was often injured and never seemed to be fully fit, he was a liability defensively and he didn't play with his head up. This season he has been outstanding, and really has his tail up.

I feel that Bowyers main strength is developing the younger players, as is shown with King and Lowe. I don't get annoyed when I see Lowe's name on the team sheet anymore, which is a compliment I feel in itself as he is no longer a liability.

Archived