BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

I thought threads would be boring if everyone was "tub-thumping" about stuff?

It would be very easy for me to dismiss your opinion of Lowe, Am'o, but I at least try to debate the point with you.

JAL asked if he's actually any good at tackling. I posted hard stats to back it up and you twisted it into whether it's a "positive or negative" tackle (whatever THAT means). It's clear that you're entrenched in your opinion and nothing anyone will say can change that.

As Amarillo says, he isn't good enough plain and simple. I find the news he's been offered an extended deal extremely depressing.

I never said that. Lowe's a very limited player but every team needs a grafter, someone who's going to do the dirty work and give the ball to the more skillful players. It's a thankless task with little glory, which is why he often ends up as a scapegoat.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JAL asked if he's actually any good at tackling. I posted hard stats to back it up and you twisted it into whether it's a "positive or negative" tackle (whatever THAT means). It's clear that you're entrenched in your opinion and nothing anyone will say can change that.

Have you ever watched him play live?

you really are a nasty, strange old man, the only person throwing out abuse left, right and centre is you(but then that doesn't matter in your world)

And no its not really "in my opinion" I so all the mentioned players play through out their careers many times and they where all clearly in a different league to Lowe

Correct ... they were in the Prem.

btw it's 'saw'.

Looking at the financial position the club finds itself in it 's surely a prudent move to give Lowe an extended contract. Personally, the best I think the club can hope for over the next few years - and I don't think it is actually sustainable from a financial point of view - is mid-table Championship. With a transfer embargo likely in the summer the options available to the manager will be very limited. Such an embargo will likely see us fighting relegation rather than looking up and in those circumstances the battling qualities of Lowe will be more than useful.

Gotta to agree with you Parsonblue, though must state that my criticisms of young Jason are purely based on wanting Rovers to be the top team in this division come the end of May.

A solid display yet you believe he's partially at fault for one of the goals???

Blimey.

I thought he had another good game today and did lot's of the ugly stuff which is a feature of his game that clearly endears him to his team mates and staff alike.

Just seen this in an article on LET :)

Yesterday’s training session also featured a rare goal from midfielder Jason Lowe.

Lowe, who last week signed a new contract extension with the club, is still to break his duck for Rovers after 95 matches.

Bowyer joked: “Jason scored this morning in training. There were calls for him to be drug tested and everything!

p.s. if say I or somebody like Abbey had written a post as abusive as that, im sure a ban wouldn't be to far away!

You do seem to lunge from one argument to the next TJ, could be time to look in the mirror son.

As for Lowe he's limited in his ability no doubt about that, but as many posters have already said, he does the hard yards and does them well, it's a thankless task that often goes unnoticed.

Good bit of business to keep him on the books.

It's not a good piece of business for a side wanting to get promoted, but for a mid-table championship side yes, I suppose it is.

We're skint and have no chance of promotion, so it's a good bit of business. You never know he may well develop into a very good player given time.

• Backroom

We're skint and have no chance of promotion, so it's a good bit of business. You never know he may well develop into a very good player given time.

You're right, based on realistic expectations it's good business to keep him here. It just doesn't fall in line with Venky's ambitions of Champions League glory.

I don't think he'll develop into much beyond what he is, but hey, if Keef can make a career out of his ability Jason should do just fine.

Archived