BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Think he tried to do a Tugay impression. Not quite a mass of exquisite passing, but didn't put a foot wrong all game. Rapidly becoming one of my favourite players this season in all honesty.

Rhodes, Lowe w/Cairney/Evans and Hanley is a good spine for us imo

• Backroom

Didn't put a foot wrong is a bit strong I thought he was steady until he scored a worldie, pleased for him though he's an honest grafter

Lets not mention his earlier strike!

match winning goal(and a cracker to beat) fair play to him,

But for balance have to say it will take more than 1 goal in 3 years(and 90+ average at best performances) to change my opinion of his ability fully, if he had just one other stand out ability other than "energy"(ie. tackling, passing, leadership, set piece taking, scoring regularly, speed), he'd be a excellent player.

• Backroom

Didn't put a foot wrong is a bit strong I thought he was steady until he scored a worldie, pleased for him though he's an honest grafter

Lets not mention his earlier strike!

Well unless you remember mistakes from today, I think we agree :P he was certainly more than steady imo, though. I thought he helped elevate Williamson somewhat, who occasionally was swamped by Boro players thanks to his lack of speed. Lowe provided a constant outlet for him on top of playing the simple passes out to the wing.

I don't remember any daft cross-field attempts or easy giveaways. Only mistake he made was his earlier, rubbish, shot on goal. Had a great game by his steadily improving standards i reckon.

Well I really enjoyed the goal for Lowe yesterday, we won, it was a great strike and one in the eye for those who have made him a scapegoat. Equally pleasing to see Lowe and Dann, another scapegoat, bawling and bellowing at the team in the last five minutes.

After King made a dash up field and failed to hold on to the ball in the final minutes by trying to set up a goal Dann screamed at him to think about what he was doing. That's what is needed.

Well done Lowe.

I hated seeing him in the team last season, but he does seem to have improved dramatically, as has King.

I want to give him credit where it is due for a string of impressive, improved performances.

I like these kind of comments. Shows a maturity many lack. For me, Lowe was still worthy of his place last year, but often due to the failings of others. This season he has made a starting slot his own, in the face of serious competition from a number of players in that position. It is interesting watching this younger player develope.

Got to say my patience was tested with Lowe last season. I was for dropping him but he was playing in a team that was down on its knees. We do have some grafters in the side now.

Hats off to Bowyer for trying to improve from the youth squad. Under the current financial meltdown I think we are going to have to get a lot more patient.

The trouble is the next generation of youngsters do not look anywhere near the previous batch that got us to the youth cup final

Hard times ahead unless a miracle happens.

I wonder if Lowe will show the same loyalty to the club and stick around when the @#/? hits the fan.

After all, in a @#/?-or-bust season (so called) Bowyer has kept the faith and looked to develop a 22 year old as the linchpin in his team rather than bring in more experience/quality.

9th place, 4 points off the play-offs. Nicely in the mix, I guess. (Ignoring the £54m sideshow).

Let's hope for the sake of the wonderful people who work for Blackburn Rovers that sticking with Jason pays off.

Did he get MoM yesterday by the way? It wasn't announced that we could see (for obvious reasons with the game so tense).

I wonder if Lowe will show the same loyalty to the club and stick around when the kean hits the fan.

After all, in a kean-or-bust season (so called) Bowyer has kept the faith and looked to develop a 22 year old as the linchpin in his team rather than bring in more experience/quality.

9th place, 4 points off the play-offs. Nicely in the mix, I guess. (Ignoring the £54m sideshow).

Let's hope for the sake of the wonderful people who work for Blackburn Rovers that sticking with Jason pays off.

Did he get MoM yesterday by the way? It wasn't announced that we could see (for obvious reasons with the game so tense).

So the job prospect of Rovers employees is now in Jason Lowes hands? Righty oh!

• 3 weeks later...

After a week off the Lowe Telegraph has reverted back to it's obsession with Rovers' home grown midfielder.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/blackburn_rovers/news/10813801.Dunn__Lowe_can_be_main_man_at_Blackburn_Rovers/

“I’m sure Premier League clubs will be looking at him because he can play a number of positions,” said Dunn.

Do you agree with Rovers' resident pie expert or should the Venkys cheerleader "Get Real"?

“He’s a real fit lad, a box-to-box player, and he’s one of the first people I’d have on my team-sheet."

“He’s a shining light to any up-and-coming footballer to look at because of the dedication he’s got.”

“He’s at home in the centre of midfield but as you saw at Wigan and against Middlesbrough, he quite easily fits in at centre-half – and I think he’s a top player at right-back myself. “So it wouldn’t surprise me if Premier League clubs are watching his progress."

Dunn is only saying what is obvious to most. Lowe has been awarded MOTM the last three home games I think. Credit where it is due, as the kid is working hard and improving all the time.

Archived