BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes it's not his own fault that he gets picked but Lowe has been awful this season. Can't pass, not overly quick, average in the tackle, not one bit of flair in him.

As for Murphy, I'm trying to figure out if he really has completely lost it or if he just can't be arsed. Considering he created the highest number of chances in the PL last season I'm thinking it's the latter. Which is inexcusable. The way we're going, Etuhu desperately needs a new partner come January.

andy cryer is right. jason lowe played with good energy. run about trying to harass the opposition, getting about the pitch and was far far far far far better than our captain. lowey has been played out of position since forever, or at least it seems that way ever since coco took charge and right to the end.he is a central midifelder end of!! hopefully the new manager will see that and take murphy out of the side.

Lowe doesn't have the positional sense to be a decent centre midfielder. Simple as.

We saw last season that he's a better right back and that should be his position.

I thought we'd really see the best of him this season (lower league and all that) but it hasn't happened.

He's a young lad that's lacking in confidence. But rather than slag him off, I'd rather focus on how very, very poor others like Murphy and Formica have been.

Both of them should be nowhere near the starting 11.

I'd say Dann's arguably been our best player this season. Shows how far we've fallen mind with his performances last season but maybe he's just found his level.

Yep, this is Dann's level. And he's probably playing for a move in January.

We all know he didn't want to stick around after Samba was shunted on. He only signed in the first place because he was given a guarantee that Big Chris would never be sold and he wanted to play alongside him – probably to hide his shortfalls.

I think people need to watch Lowe's displays for England U21's. He has the potential to be a solid CM, however being played out of position for the good part of 2 years hasn't helped his cause. He was in CM on Saturday and was doing his own job, plus that of Danny Murphy, who has been nothing short of s*** since he's signed.

I would love to see Lowe, Etuhu and Dunny in CM. Let Dunn play in behind the striker with Etuhu holding and Lowe with a more free role in the centre of the park.

You can't expect the lad to perform if he is being played out of position or if he's being played next to Danny Murphy.

Lowe is another one who was over promoted by Kean and talked up about being the 10 mill player on our books when he was bulling the Venkys. He was chucked in at the the deep end in the prem in a struggling team and constantly played out of position, what we are seeing now is the result of this. As a young player in the prem he should have been introduced more slowly and given time to develop. You can't fault his effort but he even looks out of depth playing in this division in his natural position. He'll never be what coco talked him up to be but he may make a steady championship midfielder but the way it's gone could ruin him. Another Neil Danns for me i think.

Yes it's not his own fault that he gets picked but Lowe has been awful this season. Can't pass, not overly quick, average in the tackle, not one bit of flair in him.

As for Murphy, I'm trying to figure out if he really has completely lost it or if he just can't be arsed. Considering he created the highest number of chances in the PL last season I'm thinking it's the latter. Which is inexcusable. The way we're going, Etuhu desperately needs a new partner come January.

Having seen Murphy live in the last two games I honestly think he is going through a period of bad form rather than anything else. His legs certainly aren't what they were but his touch (normally so assured) just isn't there at the moment. During his time at Fulham and Spurs they used to have good ball retention and I believe a lot of that was down to him. On Saturday I really got the impression that the majority of Rovers fans have found their new scapegoat, something that a lot of them can't do without.

andy cryer is right. jason lowe played with good energy. run about trying to harass the opposition, getting about the pitch

Did...you just try to say the same thing in three different ways? It's all good running around the pitch a lot, but a footballer needs to do more than just that.

Clearly you have not followed Gally's form at Leicester, where he was as highly regarded by the fans as easily dismissed by you. And you have forgotten his style and instinctive passing. He is a footballer and one of us.

Like Frank Fielding part of the vandalism of the last few years.

He was nearly back with us in August/September as well(allegedly)

Clearly you have not followed Gally's form at Leicester, where he was as highly regarded by the fans as easily dismissed by you. And you have forgotten his style and instinctive passing. He is a footballer and one of us.

Like Frank Fielding part of the vandalism of the last few years.

He was nearly back with us in August/September as well(allegedly)

I hadn't been aware that he had begun to be employed in the centre of midfield. Fair enough if that is the case, he's a very solid Championship player.

He's doing so well that they've sent him to League One on loan.

He's doing so well that they've sent him to League One on loan.

Yeah but apart from that he is doing well at this level.... :blink:

Don't like the title to this thread and it is unneccessary. You don't make it to International level, or professional levels by being 'Rubbish'. The lad is struggling, but so are many others and the fact he has been dumped in other positions has not helped him at all.

He was competent last year in the PL and had some steady away games at right back. I think a break from the team would help him at this stage, as would being played solely in one position. He has time to find his form and it is too soon to be dismissing him out of hand. I have to say he looks better suited to right back then centre midfield which suprises me recognising that he is touted as a CM and has presumably played there for most of his junior and professional career.

I think he wants someone who can play football

Whilst we are on 'Gally' would like to throw in this that hes currently sponsoring one of our local sunday league teams who happen to play at Fishmoor drive. Good to see a local lad putting something back into grassroots football.

Back to Jason was very disappointed to see him fail to make a short pass to Martin Olsson in front of the riverside first half (wolves game ) by playing the ball out of play whilst under no pressure at all then misplace a pass on the other side which had the full back scrambling back retrieving the ball just before it went out of play. Why did he bother to turn up at all.

Archived