BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Were you upset when Kean left or merely ambivalent?

Happy, but as you'd expect they chose the daftest time to "force him out." 2 points per game I believe he was on. Can't help but wonder where that free scoring team would have finished...

Only seen Lowe a couple of times and not a rovers fan, but how do you lot rate this lad? Decent for the championship but we must have better English u21 than him. Shows the state of the national team. He does work hard and his application is there even though he seems lacking in a bit of quality.

Can't see Lowe moving on because he's simply a good championship player. He's lots of attributes we need in our squad - energy, lots of running and hard work, can play defensive mid and right back and was the only one pre Williamson for a long time who could tackle. However he is not good enough quality to be dm or rb for any premiership club. His utter lack of ability with the ball means he'll be nowhere near 1st choice for either position. Not to mention that without 1st team games he wouldn't improve in these areas. The lad has championship stamped all over him. Lowe would be being very foolish if he decided to move.

In the pecking order for right back i'd have young Henley first, Todd Kane if it was possible second, then young Jason Lowe third, with Bradley Orr shown the door. For this reason alone just wouldnt wish to see Jason go and a dummy like Bradley Orr remaining at the club.

Bradley Orr is better than Jason Lowe though, and thats considering Orr's limited ability.

Lowe isn't in the England U21 team for no reason. He's keeping some very good midfielders out of the team.

If he leaves us it will be a step up, not down.

Chalobah, McEachran, Lansbury. Ross Barkley didn't even make the squad.

He's never been settled in one position and when played in midfield he's been part of worst Rovers midfield I can remember. He's raw but has potential.

it`s the rovers fans disease to seriously underrate our players, atkins, sherwood, wilcox, flitcroft, nzonzi.. to name but a few i`ve heard given the old `not good enough` treatment from the stands. all of them top premier league performers..

But you can't use that sweeping generalization as an excuse to support players who some people argue are poor players.

Jason Lowe is certainly not a 'top premier league performer,' whereas the 5 you mention include 3 title winners and a former captain in a cup winning, successive team.

I still don't understand what people see in Lowe, apart from his age and the fact that he is local.

He has nowhere near the minimum technical competence that any Championship midfielder should have. That aside, he is tactically poor, and yes he can run around but he doesn't win the ball back, as you would expect a midfielder of his type would do.

I still don't understand what people see in Lowe, apart from his age and the fact that he is local.

He has nowhere near the minimum technical competence that any Championship midfielder should have. That aside, he is tactically poor, and yes he can run around but he doesn't win the ball back, as you would expect a midfielder of his type would do.

Any Championship midfielder? That seems rather harsh, I'm sure the England under-21s are a more technically competent team than a team like Millwall for example. He may not be on a par with good Championship midfielders but I seriously doubt his technical ability is below average. In terms of winning the ball back, I think fans often make the same mistake a huge number of people used to make with Savage. Tackling is becoming increasingly illegal in the modern game, so the primary way of winning the ball back is pressuring the opposition into making a mistake, something Savage was excellent at. Doing that requires a lot of running around.

I don't particularly rate him but I still think its too early to write him off just yet. A baffling number of fans seem pleased about the return of Alan Judge, well Lowe is at least as good as him and is 3 years younger.

Too early to right him off? The lad has played for pretty much two whole seasons now and yet still looks absolutely petrified when he is in possession of the ball, as a midfielder that's a pretty alarming trait. Jason's game as above is very much like Savage was, rushing people into mistakes and ball winning. Unfortunately for J Lowe, Robbie Savage could pick a pass and had Tugay to willingly take the ball off him, Lowe has spent the majority of the season looking at Murphy and Etuhu's back!

Too early to right him off? The lad has played for pretty much two whole seasons now and yet still looks absolutely petrified when he is in possession of the ball, as a midfielder that's a pretty alarming trait. Jason's game as above is very much like Savage was, rushing people into mistakes and ball winning. Unfortunately for J Lowe, Robbie Savage could pick a pass and had Tugay to willingly take the ball off him, Lowe has spent the majority of the season looking at Murphy and Etuhu's back!

I meant too early as in he's 21 so he's still gonna improve for the next 2-3 years. If people are willing to give Judge a chance, who's played 2 seasons for a mediocre League 1 side and is 3 years older, then why the lack of patience with Lowe? He can't be on much wage-wise so I think we should keep him as a squad player and see how he develops. I remember us letting Damien Johnson go to Birmingham for peanuts and he ended up captaining them for years.

I do wish people would give him a break. He is a young player who I do think has improved over the last two seasons. Lets be fair the last two seasons have not exactly been ideal for any youngster to come into the team and show composure. He may not be the most gifted technical player but at least at championship level he is capable of contributing to the team in a positive way. I like bowyer and think he may just be the right man for the job, he could be very good for our younger players.

I want to judge our younger players after a period of some kind of stability (if we ever get it). To be blunt its a miracle that any of them have performed in any way over the last few years, poor managers, disorganised and terribly badly run club, pretty hostile and heated environment for the kids to come into.

I do wish people would give him a break. He is a young player who I do think has improved over the last two seasons. Lets be fair the last two seasons have not exactly been ideal for any youngster to come into the team and show composure. He may not be the most gifted technical player but at least at championship level he is capable of contributing to the team in a positive way. I like bowyer and think he may just be the right man for the job, he could be very good for our younger players.

I want to judge our younger players after a period of some kind of stability (if we ever get it). To be blunt its a miracle that any of them have performed in any way over the last few years, poor managers, disorganised and terribly badly run club, pretty hostile and heated environment for the kids to come into.

I acknowledge the role he plays in the team and appreciate that this role has to be done, my point is and has always been Jason Lowe looks absolutely petrified on the ball. Is this due to hostile BRFC supporters waiting to pounce on him I don't know you'll have to ask him but I certainly don't want him to fail I just can't help but think a midfielder needs to be comfortable with the ball at feet ... Jason isn't!

I've always said that J Low isn't disciplined enough in midfield and can't read the game in the middle of the park. That's why he always looks out of his depth.

History has shown he's much, much better as a right back, but I think we have better players for that position already.

Archived