BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Lowe

I acknowledge the role he plays in the team and appreciate that this role has to be done, my point is and has always been Jason Lowe looks absolutely petrified on the ball. Is this due to hostile BRFC supporters waiting to pounce on him I don't know you'll have to ask him but I certainly don't want him to fail I just can't help but think a midfielder needs to be comfortable with the ball at feet ... Jason isn't!

Im just asking supporters to give him time, see how he performs in a more stable well organised team, where he knows his role and the manager doesn't change every few weeks. We may see him a little more confident and composed on the ball. This really applies to all our younger players, its why im hoping Bowyer does well, as I still think there is some potential in a number of our younger players. I just hope to god that Bowyer is left alone and there is no interference from certain people above him, let him look at the young players we have even those from Portugal as well and make his own mind up.

To be frank I don't want to make many judgements on many of our players this last year, I have a sneaky feeling that you could see an decent improvement in a number of them under a good manager. Crucially Bowyer needs to take a good long look at some of the players attitudes. Blackburn needs to be seen as a club where young players are given a good chance, we are going to have to persuade and find of good number of them over the years to come, because we aren't going to have the money to buy lots of international players. Those days are gone. It really is why I hope Bowyer cuts it as a manager, because he has proven he can produce decent young players and I suspect has a very good knowledge of a lot of young players out there.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would love to see Jason take people on in the midfield and play forward balls rather than pass it sideways and backwards all the time then strut around like some show pony as if hes done a good job.

How as a fan can we expect Rovers to win if its going sideways and backwards from a key central midfielder then we all say how Jordan Rhodes isnt getting much support during games.

• Moderation Lead

Would love to see Jason take people on in the midfield and play forward balls rather than pass it sideways and backwards all the time then strut around like some show pony as if hes done a good job.

I think everyone knows you're not his biggest fan JAL in fairness. But I can honestly say I've never seen the lad strut!!!

How as a fan can we expect Rovers to win if its going sideways and backwards from a key central midfielder then we all say how Jordan Rhodes isnt getting much support during games.

More to football than just simply going forward all the time.. much much more. The less time the opposition have on the ball, the less damage they could do.

What you want Lowe to do is play the role of a creative player, something he isn't. Lowe is much more defensive minded. If we manage to get someone who can put their foot on the ball and pick a pass, that is when we will see what he has to offer

Lowe's a 'get it and give' midfielder. Claude Makelele wasn't renowned for taking people on and spraying defence-splitting passes either. Does that make him dead weight in your eyes? It would like asking Dunn circa 2001 to become a midfield destroyer. Players can certainly adapt to new positions but you can't expect them to become a completely different player when they aren't equipped with the mentality or physiology to do it. Lowe can definitely stand to improve on the ball but becoming a rampaging box-to-box midfielder is unreasonable for someone not suited to that role.

Fact of the matter is we won more games with Lowe in the team last season than without him. We need players like him in the side who are willing to cover ground and harry the opposition. Unfortunately, we haven't got anyone decent to take it off him and actually unlock defences.

Not that I'm Jason's biggest fan but every team needs a water carrier. Be can also cover at full back.

I have to wonder if we sold Lowe and Peds left, who would the fans be hating on next?

I'd much rather see Lowe in the side than Murphy.

Not that I'm Jason's biggest fan but every team needs a water carrier. Be can also cover at full back.

I have to wonder if we sold Lowe and Peds left, who would the fans be hating on next?

I'd much rather see Lowe in the side than Murphy.

We should have removed him from the U21's squad and put him in the footbonaut for the summer!

when did the expression "did well" become a euphemism for "#uck all"

commentators down the years have used this expression to my complete bewilderment when the likes of heskey get substituted...just became clear now I was misinterpreting.

You say he is a 'get it and give midfielder,' but he very rarely actually wins the ball back in the first place, and even a simple pass he struggles with.

Apart from having one of the highest tackle percentages in the PL last season, y'mean?

I cant believe how much stick Lowe gets on this MB.

totally uncalled for by some Rovers fans.

guess some of the Rovers boo-boys are trying to force Lowe out just like they did to Andrews and are trying with Murphy.

Lowe is fairly good centre midfielder. hes a box to box midfielder who works for the team and always give 100%. very unrated player for us.

Did really well we were only 2 down at half time

All bar one of his passes found a team mate, and he played a few decent forward passes. Disappointing to be pumped by Norway though.

Apart from having one of the highest tackle percentages in the PL last season, y'mean?

Have you ever thought that might be because he made around 1 tackle per game, so if he got at least 30 of them right, it would be a high percentage. The lad is @#/?.

guess some of the Rovers boo-boys are trying to force Lowe out just like they did to Andrews and are trying with Murphy.

Lowe is fairly good centre midfielder. hes a box to box midfielder who works for the team and always give 100%. very unrated player for us.

Footballs not like school Chaddy were you get rewarded for finishing last. Lowe's not a starter for me, not if we want to go up. Perhaps he'll get better in a stable environment this season, we'll see.

Andrews was pants, still is pants and always will be pants.

Force Murphy out??? Give over he's done it too himself.

It is criticism, and it is warranted. He isn't box to box as he gets a nose bleed when he gets anywhere near the opponents box. All players should give 100%. He can't do anything on the ball, and his positioning off the ball is all over the place.

Even Williamson and Jones, who aren't particularly gifted, both got plenty of praise last season because, added to the work rate you would expect, they could at least competently keep the ball, and provided some sort of option. They grafted and weren't spraying inch perfect passes every game, but they had competent ability to add to their work rate. Lowe lacks this.

It's a percentage of tackles made so he could have made relatively few tackles over all and only attempted the winnable ones.

None of the top three players in the league for total tackles won (Faurlin, Cabaye and Diame) feature in our top 10 when it comes to success rate, though all of those on our leaderboard have completed at least 35 tackles this season to ensure that they truly are consistent masters of the art.

Decent squad player for us at the moment - capable of covering 2/3 positions and won't be on a massive wage. There are plenty of other players we should be looking to get rid of before Jason Lowe...

Archived