BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Terry, Cole and the FA

Paul

Until I read this article in the Observer http://m.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2012/oct/06/editorial-john-terry-ashley-cole-chelsea-england?cat=football&type=article I hadn't appreciated the extent of Chelsea's and their employees actions. The FA have also tried to gag the press if remarks made by Hodgson are published.

Myself I think Terry should be sacked. He has a long history of loutish and arrogant behaviour. This latest incident shows him for the man he is, there is no place on a football pitch for someone like him.

No one comes out of this affair with any credibility but Terry is completely exposed.

Met Terry after an U21 match at Pride park many years ago. thought then he was arrogant and full of his own self-importance and nothing i have seen or heard of him since has caused me to change my mind.

Some youngsters grow up and become more pleasant when they realise the world doesn't revolve around them. Terry still thinks it does.

I haven't been arsed to keep up with all this media promoted hysteria cos in my day ferdinand would have given him a slap in the gob, the ref would have booked the pair of them and that would have been it. However according to the Guardian lip readers Terry said "You effin black kean … effin @#/?" now that being the case just where is the insult? Let me turn it around if "You effin white kean … effin @#/?" had been said to me then the only thing not to offend me would be the adjective 'white'.

Maybe Terry shouldn't be Captain of England but imo he wouldn't ever have been anyway.

I haven't been arsed to keep up with all this media promoted hysteria cos in my day ferdinand would have given him a slap in the gob, the ref would have booked the pair of them and that would have been it. However according to the Guardian lip readers Terry said "You keaning black kean … keaning @#/?" now that being the case just where is the insult? Let me turn it around if "You keaning white kean … keaning @#/?" had been said to me then the only thing not to offend me would be the adjective 'white'.

Maybe Terry shouldn't be Captain of England but imo he wouldn't ever have been anyway.

Do you post this kind of crap just to get a reaction? It was a racist comment. End of story.

I haven't been arsed to keep up with all this media promoted hysteria cos in my day ferdinand would have given him a slap in the gob, the ref would have booked the pair of them and that would have been it. However according to the Guardian lip readers Terry said "You effin black kean … effin @#/?" now that being the case just where is the insult? Let me turn it around if "You effin white kean … effin @#/?" had been said to me then the only thing not to offend me would be the adjective 'white'.

Your day was Kean.

Do you post this kind of crap just to get a reaction? It was a racist comment. End of story.

I still don't think Ferdinand would have been slightly bothered by being called black. Why would he be?

I don't suppose your ginger or fat or have buck teeth do you Ivan? Imagine how many times Sidwell gets called a ginger c**t in a game. If he went crying to the papers he'd get laughed out of football! I know there is a difference due to the perception and of course history of racism within society, but it really is all stick and stones.

I get very wound up by this racism guff, it goes miles too far. I don't condone Terry's behaviour, he is a lout, but the way this has been dragged out is pathetic. It should never have gone to court.

Unfortunately I feel the FA's hands are tied with it, because the public make such a fuss of a bit of name calling.

However according to the Guardian lip readers Terry said "You effin black kean … effin @#/?" now that being the case just where is the insult? Let me turn it around if "You effin white kean … effin @#/?" had been said to me then the only thing not to offend me would be the adjective 'white'.

Being called Kean would be bad enough in my book.

• Backroom

Calling someone an 'effing see-you-next-tuesday' is provocative and insulting, Adding the word 'black' into the equation (esp' when directed towards someone with darker skin) makes it a racially motivated comment, surely?

Sick of hearing about it. All footballers are overpaid mercenaries anyway and who pays for it ? The poor sod in the stand wearing the scarf.

And don't get me started on diving. It's alright to go down if there's contact ??? Suarez et al ?

It's almost unwatchable these days.

....seriously?!

:huh:

Many moons ago I was playing in a match and one of our players called an opponent a black so-and-so. He received a broken jaw for his troubles. The difference in those days players sorted out their problems on the pitch, and fights during matches were much more common in both the amateur and professional games.

Calls for Chelsea to sack Terry and Cole are ludicrous. Chelsea will get rid of them when they are no longer any use to them as players and not before.

Many moons ago I was playing in a match and one of our players called an opponent a black so-and-so. He received a broken jaw for his troubles. The difference in those days players sorted out their problems on the pitch, and fights during matches were much more common in both the amateur and professional games.

Calls for Chelsea to sack Terry and Cole are ludicrous. Chelsea will get rid of them when they are no longer any use to them as players and not before.

However, conversely, there was once a day whe, in order to play for England, you had to be a certain type of individual and not just have a good right foot.

I thought Hodgson having to apologize for his recent comments on the tube were ridiculous.

Poor Rio wasn't available for comment, though. Last seen still trying to catch up with Gareth Bale.

Heaven forbid the manager of the national team actually mixes with the common folk - most of which already knew what he told them.

And people wonder why there's such a disconnect between the game and its fans these days.

Bearing in mind Rio called a.Cole of mixed parentage a choc ice and got a slap on the wrist compared to the public hanging of terry and suarez. So are terry more racist becausr he used the word black as opposed to something like chic ice? Funny the Rio thing got swept under the carpet quickly.

In all honesty the whole situation is just a mess, the FA seems to follow no logic and just make things up as they go along.

Joey Barton banned 12 games for 'violent conduct'

Luis Suarez banned 8 games for racial abuse

John Terry banned 4 games for racial abuse

Ferdinand slap on the wrist for racial abuse (Twitter comment regarding choc ice)

The only thing I can't stand more than the joke of the FA is how Terry somehow once again still seems to come out of it looking like a victim and that he's been hard done by. Never liked the bloke and never even saw the fuss about him as a player, good player but oh so vulnerable at the highest level.

Archived