BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Terry, Cole and the FA

Paul

Many moons ago I was playing in a match and one of our players called an opponent a black so-and-so. He received a broken jaw for his troubles. The difference in those days players sorted out their problems on the pitch, and fights during matches were much more common in both the amateur and professional games.

Calls for Chelsea to sack Terry and Cole are ludicrous. Chelsea will get rid of them when they are no longer any use to them as players and not before.

And violence is exactly how these things should be sorted is it?

Not condoning violence - just pointing out how these problems used to be sorted out. Terry's spat should never have gone to court. Lawyers of course love it but excessive litigation (or the threat of it) is a curse in this country.

• Moderation Lead

Bearing in mind Rio called a.Cole of mixed parentage a choc ice and got a slap on the wrist compared to the public hanging of terry and suarez. So are terry more racist becausr he used the word black as opposed to something like chic ice? Funny the Rio thing got swept under the carpet quickly.

No he didn't call him a 'choc ice', someone on twitter called AC that, and Rio replied with 'haha choc ice is classic'. Saying the expression was funny, not that he agredd, or suggested such a thing. That netted him a £50k fine......

Not that he can't afford it like, but it is a bit of a p1ss take IMO.

Didn't he refer to Cole as being black on the outside and white on the.inside because he stuck up for terry. Sorry but Rio is as bad as terry and potencially a racist.

Brown on the outside white on the inside = choc ice. But who cares? The term is humerous rather than racist imo. Whatever happened to sticks and stones / water off a ducks back? This country is a puffs paradise now.

• Backroom

There's a difference between being a racist and using a racist term. I don't believe Suarez or Terry are racists despite newspapers screaming it from their front covers. They're just idiots who used racist terms in public and were punished for it. Add in Rio for the choc ice thing if you like.

Not condoning violence - just pointing out how these problems used to be sorted out. Terry's spat should never have gone to court. Lawyers of course love it but excessive litigation (or the threat of it) is a curse in this country.

Not as much as violence is these days, comparatively with 'the good old days'. Which is a good thing.

This country is a puffs paradise now.

I can see why they don't use you to front Help The Aged.

• Backroom

Bearing in mind Rio called a.Cole of mixed parentage a choc ice and got a slap on the wrist compared to the public hanging of terry and suarez. So are terry more racist becausr he used the word black as opposed to something like chic ice? Funny the Rio thing got swept under the carpet quickly.

The thing I never understood about the 'choc ice' row is that it is generally used as an affectionate term by, for, towards and amongst (any more from the thesaurus?) asian and black teenagers who are 'westernised'. The term 'oreo' is used in a similar fashion. This has been the case for about 7 or 8 years.

The thing I never understood about the 'choc ice' row is that it is generally used as an affectionate term by, for, towards and amongst (any more from the thesaurus?) asian and black teenagers who are 'westernised'. The term 'oreo' is used in a similar fashion. This has been the case for about 7 or 8 years.

But context is everything.

• Backroom

But context is everything.

It may be incredibly simple, but what have I missed here? Isn't the context: Rio (a black person) refers to his (black) pal as a choc-ice.....that's about it. Unless there's something dead obvious that's gone whoosh, in which case I'll shut up.

It may be incredibly simple, but what have I missed here? Isn't the context: Rio (a black person) refers to his (black) pal as a choc-ice.....that's about it. Unless there's something dead obvious that's gone whoosh, in which case I'll shut up.

It was obvious given the retweets content that he had specifically chosen that tweet to pass on as he will have been annoyed at Cole. In what way, shape or form would Ferdinand be being playful given the situation and all that has come about since the Terry incident? I'm pretty sure they won't be pals.

And you don't have to shut up at all, don't worry.

Archived