BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Messiah

History repeating itself........ Seem the pigs feet have crucified the Messiah this morning. Nicko's 'best young manager in the country' just bit the dust. I wonder if they fancy Jerome Andersons choice of 'a top manager' to replace him?

Drat! That will muddy the waters for us trying to get the best person in for our job...

On the other hand, perhaps that boat has already sailed... ;)

And who is to say that The Messiah won't turn up like the perennial bad penny as the next Rovers manager?? Phil McNulty has tweeted this already (on bbc website)...

Probably end up back at Burnley the mess they are in

Needless to say, he wouldn't be welcome. It was a one-off, he could never recreate that 18 months. Seems like he's damaged goods now.

It'd be great to see him as your new boss though, just so he can walk out at the Turf with a Blackburn top on. It'd be perfect for Pantomime season.

Such a shame, he was an amazing manager for us. Still think his great strength was the buy in he got from his players, they really believed his loyalty mantra. I think the way he left us and between him and Gartside did all they could to destabilise our club cost him that. You can't look people in the eye and ask them to believe in you, to trust you once you've shafted the last set of people you asked to do just that.

As a Burnley fan this is rubbish news, after the perfect relegations last season we were enjoying the antics of Kean and Coyle, now they've both been binned off and we are left with only our comedic defending to entertain us.

Such a shame, he was an amazing manager for us. Still think his great strength was the buy in he got from his players, they really believed his loyalty mantra. I think the way he left us and between him and Gartside did all they could to destabilise our club cost him that. You can't look people in the eye and ask them to believe in you, to trust you once you've shafted the last set of people you asked to do just that.

As a Burnley fan this is rubbish news, after the perfect relegations last season we were enjoying the antics of Kean and Coyle, now they've both been binned off and we are left with only our comedic defending to entertain us.

You'll be managerless very soon to if Howe accepts the Bournmouth offer on the table.

I keep hearing this and don't think there is anything in it. By all accounts he's on serious money at our place and there's no way Bournemouth can afford to match it. That said he's no doubt homesick and the way things are going he's maybe looking for a way out.

Half of me would be sorry to see him go but the other half wouldn't worry about it at all but any manager who steps down a league, unless it is to a much bigger club, is suffering from a chronic lack of ambition and we really are better off without him.

I also heard that he wouldn't work with the chairman down there again - no idea if there is any truth in this or not.

I have seen Nixon is stirring this up on twitter

Bournemouth have money, I can assure you of that. So if you're thinking he won't go because they can't afford him, you can think again.

I'm not debating whether the owners have money, Mitchell must be minted with what Seven Developments make out of the sandbanks but under FFP (which Swindon have just fallen foul of) they might find it difficult to match his current wage with 8k average gates.

Their chairman says he's looking at out of work managers, there has been absolutely nothing from Bournemouth or Howe - wonder where it is all coming from then? Just on the Nicko point, he did seem to have inside info on Howe coming to us so maybe he does know something.

Like I say, for us it might be a blessing as it is increasing looking like he can't turn his team around and we still look like having a long relegation battle on our hands.

As for Coyle, his next job probably makes or breaks him. Did well at St Johnstone, well at Burnley but failed at Bolton.

there is gonna be a shuffle, Howe back to Bournemouth, Coyle to dingles and Hughes to us with Redknapp taking over at QPR

Odd how Mark Hughes seems to perform at his best when he has no money to spend. Some managers are like that, in fact I'd propose two similar types are Souness and Allardyce. Give em money to spend and they Kean up. On the other side of the coin there are the Arry types who perform well with money and struggle without it.

Steve Kean was neither but rather more a magician...... give him lots of money and he'd make it disappear.

Odd how Mark Hughes seems to perform at his best when he has no money to spend. Some managers are like that, in fact I'd propose two similar types are Souness and Allardyce. Give em money to spend and they Kean up. On the other side of the coin there are the Arry types who perform well with money and struggle without it.

Steve Kean was neither but rather more a magician...... give him lots of money and he'd make it disappear.

It is probably very visable on parts of the continent

Archived