BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Messiah

Odd how Mark Hughes seems to perform at his best when he has no money to spend. Some managers are like that, in fact I'd propose two similar types are Souness and Allardyce. Give em money to spend and they Kean up. On the other side of the coin there are the Arry types who perform well with money and struggle without it.

Steve Kean was neither but rather more a magician...... give him lots of money and he'd make it disappear.

Agree. Give Hughes no money and he'll find some absolute gems (not in the Niko sense) but give him money and he really sems to struggle to spend it well. It's not like they are bad players but he doesn't get them to the extra level like he did during his time with us and at Fulham.

Would have Hughes back in an instant.

How funny would it be if Coyle did go back? His first interview would be full of false contrition and saying how he made a mistake leaving in the first place. If this does happen I sense the dingles will be revolting!

Failing that agent Kean could always go back after accomplishing his mission.

How funny would it be if Coyle did go back? His first interview would be full of false contrition and saying how he made a mistake leaving in the first place. If this does happen I sense the dingles will be revolting!

:lol:

Nixon says he's applied for the Bolton job, not Burnley sadly. Reckons he's no chance of getting the Bolton job though. Seemed a bit put out when I asked him to put him forward for it.

I will be quite amazed if Kean doesn't get a high profile job somewhere with everyone saying how great he was during his time at Rovers.

I will be quite amazed if Kean doesn't get a high profile job somewhere with everyone saying how great he was during his time at Rovers.

Indeed... the assistants job to Moyes and Ferguson springs to mind and if he isn't elbowed out in the rush to employ him then I rem Pardew highly rates him.

Indeed... the assistants job to Moyes and Ferguson springs to mind and if he isn't elbowed out in the rush to employ him then I rem Pardew highly rates him.

When Arry' gets a new job I imagine Kean will be on his shopping list as his assistant too.

I'm sure they will all say he is simply too good to be demeaned by being somebody's assistant, and should be a manager at a club in his own right. Perhaps immediately before suggesting him for any of their rival clubs.

I keep hearing this and don't think there is anything in it. By all accounts he's on serious money at our place and there's no way Bournemouth can afford to match it. That said he's no doubt homesick and the way things are going he's maybe looking for a way out.

Half of me would be sorry to see him go but the other half wouldn't worry about it at all but any manager who steps down a league, unless it is to a much bigger club, is suffering from a chronic lack of ambition and we really are better off without him.

I also heard that he wouldn't work with the chairman down there again - no idea if there is any truth in this or not.

I have seen Nixon is stirring this up on twitter

Ooops

Pretty sure Coyle has a worse results record than Kean over the past 12-14 months - plus, he is managed by Jerome Anderson so no thanks.

Anyone connected to this person should not be anywhere near a shortlist of Rovers managers. It would just make the already muddy waters at Ewood murkier.

Tin hat on:

Hypothetical question:

Would Coyle be accepted by Rovers fans if he landed the manager's job at Ewood?

Wouldn't be my first choice but it's not so long since he was being talked about as the next Liverpool manager..................

Never mind tin hat. Commode!!!

I've just shat myself at the thought.

Tin hat on:

Hypothetical question:

Would Coyle be accepted by Rovers fans if he landed the manager's job at Ewood?

Wouldn't be my first choice but it's not so long since he was being talked about as the next Liverpool manager..................

Until Bolton Coyle actually had a pretty good record, I thought that he was at the wrong club in Bolton with regards to having to totally change their playing style and Burnley fans absolutely hate him. So actually he'd not be too bad a shout if you took away his previous allegiances.

However the main problem, as someone else has said, he shares the same agency as Kean. Avoid.

Tin hat on:

Hypothetical question:

Would Coyle be accepted by Rovers fans if he landed the manager's job at Ewood? NO!

Archived