BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jimmy Saville

You say it's not yet been proven then go on to call her a career groupie. How do you know that? You can't have it both ways Stuart.

In any case, I don't know how much more proof you can have than what is in the article.

It isn't in the same league as Savile, but he still had sex with a minor. Whether or not he knew her age or whether she looked old for her years, it must've been bloody obvious that she was a lot younger than him.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You say it's not yet been proven then go on to call her a career groupie. How do you know that? You can't have it both ways Stuart.

I was talking more generally on that point than Peel's situation. Sorry for the confusion.

You are forgiven my son. Say five hail marys.

We broadly agree in any case that claims of the sort made against Savile should be given priority. But in any case, I think this is a black mark against John Peel's character.

And just about any other rock star that ever walked the planet I'd imagine. Drink, drugs, adrenaline and groupies are a potent mix.....

Those kinds of generalisations are incorrect.

It is the age difference that is the issue. Rock stars in their early 20's shagging 17 year groupies in the 60's and 70's is not the issue.

30+ year old predators shagging 16 and younger is the issue. Using the term groupie is watering down the context of their despicable behaviour.

Those kinds of generalisations are incorrect.

It is the age difference that is the issue. Rock stars in their early 20's shagging 17 year groupies in the 60's and 70's is not the issue.

30+ year old predators shagging 16 and younger is the issue. Using the term groupie is watering down the context of their despicable behaviour.

Neekoy, in the 60's anyone that was in a band had groupies throwing themselves at the band, and they made it obvious that everything was on offer. They would'nt be saying how old they were, they just "looked" old enough. They wanted to "score" as well.

This is the 60's we are talking about, free love, flowers in your hair and all that.

Just to clarify, this is not a comment about the Savile issue, it's about the general attitude in the 60's.

Neekoy, in the 60's anyone that was in a band had groupies throwing themselves at the band, and they made it obvious that everything was on offer. They would'nt be saying how old they were, they just "looked" old enough. They wanted to "score" as well.

This is the 60's we are talking about, free love, flowers in your hair and all that.

Just to clarify, this is not a comment about the Savile issue, it's about the general attitude in the 60's.

Funny how attitudes and some morals have 'regressed' whilst others have loosened isn't it dave?

Funny how attitudes and some morals have 'regressed' whilst others have loosened isn't it dave?

When I'm asked if Id like to relive my life, I'd say yes, just because of the 60's.Fantastic time to be alive.

But also a letdown at the end of the decade...... and that's why I'm in Sydney.....

Was just that bit too young for sex in the '60s but it was mostly absolutely anything goes (and did) for all those 60/70 year old grannies of today if they got anywhere near a "pop star". Lolita was published in the '50s and the Chatterly case was in 1962. And there I was reading DH Lawrence poetry as a six year old wondering what was so disgusting about a snake slithering through a fissure...

Seriously, the obscenity that is the Daily Mail was trying to brush Benjamin Britten with the Saville brush today. This is getting out of hand now.

Saville is dead and the net result of all this prurience will be of very little good to society overall. That is not to condone what a guy got up to who always gave me the creeps whenever he appeared in the media. I hope the people damaged by having any contact with Saville are finally able to receive long-overdue support. Get a feeling Gary Glitter was just too much of an easy target for the Police not to run in.

Given Sydney's reputation, did a man let you down at the end of the decade of free loving?

That's rather a homophobic comment. It's usually a relief for someone when they are finally able to "come out" and they should be encouraged to do so, not made fun of.

That's rather a homophobic comment. It's usually a relief for someone when they are finally able to "come out" and they should be encouraged to do so, not made fun of.

:rolleyes:

Either you are being tongue in cheek or you are not entirely comfortable with your sexuality. Which is it ...... err.......Jim/Doris?

• Backroom

People like you disgust me...

Lancashire AND Yorkshire??

*spit*

I was about to get annoyed at Jim's insinuation that the remark was homophobic, but that wiped the thought away haha. Love a good giggle :D

Really? Each to his own I suppose but expect no thanks from me will you for spreading AIDS to normal people.

What an extraordinary comment. You do realise that AIDS can be transmiited to both hetrosexual & homosexual people alike? Also that gay people are actually (to use your words) "normal people."

Well at least to most of us. There are still a few people who feel threatened by people who are gay. Are you one of them?

Given Sydney's reputation, did a man let you down at the end of the decade of free loving?

Don, you've obviously stayed in the Cross or Oxford St when you've been in Sydney.

Remember, this is one of the worlds great cities.

Check out the beaches (there's something like 20 or so). Full of nubile young ladies, (not that they'd look at an old fart like me these days).

Additionally, Sydney has done well by me with a 40 fold increase in real estate prices since I bought here.

Archived