BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jimmy Saville

Dave Lee Travis arrested for questioning now! It appears to me that there is a connection forming.......... all of them thought they were funny when actually none of them were at all funny in the slightest.

So hopefully we can expect an early morning knock on Lenny Henry's door soon.

Close.... Stuart Hall! My theory is definitely gaining plausibility.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me, but it doesnt sit well that people are being branded paedo's / rapists etc without a trial.

Who has publicised that Stuart Hall is being questioned about a 'historical' rape incident, when no charge has been raised let alone a trial or conviction. To me serious things like this that could ruin someones life, with no justification, should not be publicised until after conviction.

Is it just me, but it doesnt sit well that people are being branded paedo's / rapists etc without a trial.

Who has publicised that Stuart Hall is being questioned about a 'historical' rape incident, when no charge has been raised let alone a trial or conviction. To me serious things like this that could ruin someones life, with no justification, should not be publicised until after conviction.

And yet a 15 year old who is proven to have mugged some poor old lady, cannot be named "for legal reasons"...

Indeed. Until allegationsare proven it does open a can of worms.

Off the top of my head tTwo famous names whose reputations have been indellibly tarnished by false allegations are Dave Jones and Craig Charles.

Indeed. Until allegationsare proven it does open a can of worms.

Off the top of my head tTwo famous names whose reputations have been indellibly tarnished by false allegations are Dave Jones and Craig Charles.

Matthew Kelly too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Vxi1qo9yA

Remember seeing this at the time and thinking it was compulsive viewing. Sound quality is rubbish but you can just about make out the conversation.

Max Clifford now.

It's quite amazing how virtually everybody being 'questioned' about sex crimes are individuals who I instinctively could never take to.

A lot of these guys are oddballs that nobody could take to. Makes them ideal targets for anyone with an axe to grind or a desire for publicity. Obviously we don't know what exactly went on but have any of them been found guilty?

• 2 weeks later...
Dave Lee Travis arrested for questioning now! It appears to me that there is a connection forming.......... all of them thought they were funny when actually none of them were at all funny in the slightest.

Common knowledge for years that Fred Talbot is a fag but I should have guessed he might be implicated in under age stuff cos he is another who thinks he is hilarious and patently isn't. Sexuality doesn't seem to matter too much Glitter, Saville, Starr, DLT, Fred Talbot all implicated in dodgy stuff with minors and all as funny as a toothache.

I wonder who pushed all these talentless individuals to the top? And more pertinantly WHY? :glare:

Terrible thing to be tarnished with, though, if it turns out you're squeaky clean. Mud like that always sticks.

Indeed it does. ...... But it also depends what you mean by 'squeaky clean'. Only my opinion but I doubt any of them are truly 'squeaky clean.'

There's something disturbing about all this trial by media stuff.

As Topman says as soon as someone is mentioned in the same breathe as Savile, their character is immediately called in to question.

All it takes in the current climate is for someone who didn't like a particular 'celebrity' (e.g. they thought he was an arsehole) and they can destroy a career.

Anyone found to have made an unsubstantiated claim should have the book thrown at them.

Has there been a single posthumous conviction against Savile yet, btw? Yet he's already 'guilty'.

• 5 months later...

Stuart Hall my hero, can't believe this

Will he play his joker?

Didn't work did it? Now he needs a 'get out of gaol' card.

Rather lenient sentence imo. Don't want to start a witch hunt against an old fella with one foot in the grave but ..... 9 years old ffs! :angry2: No excuse for that under any circumstances.

If this doesn't kill him .. and it might well ..... I imagine he'll be out by Christmas.

Apparently he had to be sentenced according to the tariff in place at the time of his crimes. Interesting concept that which I had no idea of till yesterday. I can see a certain logic but didn't know it was regularly applied.

• 1 month later...

DLT to be charged now under Operation Yew Tree. Anybody else think 9 months seems a long time from arresting to charging?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/08/15/dave-lee-travis-charged-indecent-assault-sexual-assault_n_3761738.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cuk-ws-bb%7Cdl5%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D201841

btw I wonder how blurred the edges are around the definition of indecent assault in the 70's? I never assaulted anyone for sure but most of my intentions were 'indecent' around those rather liberated times I must say. And frequently one had only to ask nicely..... ^_^

Any other baby boomers shifting a little uncomfortably in their seat right now? :huh:

Archived