Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People really, really, REALLY need to stop taking so much notice of odds shortening or drifting in a market for next manager of Blackburn Rovers. It only takes a few bets to make someone odds on, apart from us fans, hardly anyone else will give a toss about who gets the job, nevermind put money on it.

People really, really, REALLY need to stop taking so much notice of odds shortening or drifting in a market for next manager of Blackburn Rovers. It only takes a few bets to make someone odds on, apart from us fans, hardly anyone else will give a toss about who gets the job, nevermind put money on it.

Usually I'd agree, but 1/3 with the next favourite at 4/1 on the evening of the day that the shortlist has been drawn up seems very short.

Solksjaer was odds on a few days ago, doesnt mean much.

Nowhere near the odds Sherwood is now though, plus I think that came about because of the news reports saying he was interested.

This seems to have come without any news reports, and the odds are VERY short. Something has made it move suddenly, if it turns out not to be true - there must be a story behind this.

I agree no doubt someone else will be favourite come the weekend

But 1 / 3 and 1 / 4 on? Fair enough, I don't follow managers odds that closely but certainly no one has been that short for this job to date.

Unless 'arry has wacked "200 large" on on the back of a "whisper".

Nowhere near the odds Sherwood is now though, plus I think that came about because of the news reports saying he was interested.

This seems to have come without any news reports, and the odds are VERY short. Something has made it move suddenly, if it turns out not to be true - there must be a story behind this.

For the odds to fall this low, I would imagine that we've been given permission to talk. All seems quiet from those ITK.

Just out of interest, does anyone know if Sherwood was ever on this page as Asst. 1st team coach because he's not on there now if he was:

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/spurs/Team/Coaching-team.page?

Sherwood will be Shebby's choice, Black will be madam's, some high profile loon will be Bilaji's.

All the noises being made are that it'll be Black. I want a clean slate with a proven manager and experienced set-up.

Where there's a backer to win there's also a layer to lose.

Scenario, Put the word out quietly it's Sherwood but you know it definitely ain't so you lay the bets and clean up.

Worth thinking about.

Where there's a backer to win there's also a layer to lose.

Scenario, Put the word out quietly it's Sherwood but you know it definitely ain't so you lay the bets and clean up.

Worth thinking about.

That can only happen with a hell of a lot of collusion though between bookies to shorten the odds all at once. Besides, that frees up other people in the race to have longer odds, which people will risk making a lot of cash from. The bookies can't afford to lengthen their odds to the extent where decent money can be made on the rest of the field, otherwise they'll lose a packet, especially in this case as Venky's are so unpredictable.

When everybody else's odds lengthen to this extent and there is one rider clearly leading the pack, more often than not, there is some substance to it.

If you want to make some real money, see what odds you can get for Wilkins as Sherwood's number 2 !

They're not shacking up together in Wilpshire are they Mercerman ?

Latest SkyBet odds...

Tim Sherwood 1/3

Alan Shearer 4/1

Mick McCarthy 6/1

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer 10/1

Eric Black 16/1

Roy Keane 16/1

Dougie Freedman 16/1

Karl Robinson 18/1

Judan Ali 20/1

Giovanni Trapattoni 20/1

Jurgen Klinsmann 25/1

Billy Davies 25/1

Otmar Hitzfeld 25/1

Garry Flitcroft 25/1

OGS at 10's now if anyone still fancies that.

Archived