BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

I have just seen Les Reed appear on the list of odds straight in at 20/1.

Now if it was a choice between Reed and Mckinlay.....

Yesterday I will admit I wasn't impressed when I saw we made an approach for Billy M but that's because of the other names that have been mentioned (Holloway etc..).

What worries me now is that the names mentioned were completely out of our reach and we may be looking at the likes of Les Reed as an "experienced" option.

Looking at Les Reeds history last night, it actually quite concerned me, some things stood out to me which made me think, oh dear - he could actually 'fit the bill' in some respects.

The clear issue at Blackburn Rovers is the lack of an individual on the board of directors in the role of chairman or chief executive capable of going out and getting a manager in the manner we were once used to, straight forward and sensible.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bolton get their man.

In almost half the time it's taken us, I wouldn't personally have wanted him as our manager but they pretty much knew who they wanted and got him in fast.

I hate to say this but I'm jealous of the way Bolton's run compared to our Mickey Mouse setup.

For a position on the board Les Read would be an improvement but as a manger - no thanks

this from wikipedia On 16 April 2010 Reed was appointed Head of Football Development and Support at Southampton, overseeing four main areas: the Youth Academy, Scouting and Recruitment, Sports medicine and Science, and Kit and Equipment Management.

I have just seen Les Reed appear on the list of odds straight in at 20/1.

Now if it was a choice between Reed and Mckinlay.....

Yesterday I will admit I wasn't impressed when I saw we made an approach for Billy M but that's because of the other names that have been mentioned (Holloway etc..).

w

What worries me now is that the names mentioned were completely out of our reach and we may be looking at the likes of Les Reed as an "experienced" option.

I noticed that and interpret it as Sky taking the kean

I haven't been on here long enough to deduce whether you have realiable sources or not so please dont take offence to this. . . . this goes against everything we have heard in the last 24hrs so can you please elaborate?

Just got told the same.... its not Mckinaly

and that has come from a current Rovers Player

Looking at Les Reeds history last night, it actually quite concerned me, some things stood out to me which made me think, oh dear - he could actually 'fit the bill' in some respects.

The clear issue at Blackburn Rovers is the lack of an individual on the board of directors in the role of chairman or chief executive capable of going out and getting a manager in the manner we were once used to, straight forward and sensible.

From Steven Gerrard

In his autobiography, Gerrard: My Autobiography, Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard said that he had "no respect" for Les Reed after the way he treated him during England's Euro 2000 campaign. Gerard wrote, "To this day, I have no respect for Reed or (fellow coach) Derek Fazackerley. I was a young lad who had never been away from home to play football before. They didn't seem to understand that not everyone can board a plane, settle in a strange hotel far from the family they love, and find it easy. In fact they made me feel like kean. My homesickness worsened whenever I was forced to be in their company. I felt they could have shown more care and sympathy. They were always pushing me, always telling me to buck up my ideas."[

Those young Portuguese lads will be Keaning themselves at this one!!

I think we should just let Shebby and Shaw get on with the job in hand and when they tell us who the manager is, we should just get behind the person and support our team.

Not up to supporters who should/ should not manage this club. We are there to support the team. No god given right to top managers and we need,as supporters to wake up and smell the coffee.

+100.

What's wrong with this? Given that the club is where we are at the present [i.e. a Division 2-really team owned by our present owners and without John Williams' hands on the steering wheel], who else is going to be given the responsibility of recommending a candidate to the owners?

We're all entitled to an opinion on who should/shouldn't be the manager of the club but, imo, much of the comment on this thread has been OTT.

People are getting angrier about a statement put out by BRAG than the potentially ridiculous appointments being touted. I've seen it all now, I've just been through pages of arguments over who did what and how they shouldn't do it and who is better than who. All I care about is someone decent takes care of Blackburn Rovers.

I think people are missing the bigger picture. BRAG can say that they've met God and he's an octopus called Steve but it doesn't mean that Shebby has to change his religion. Just the same they have just as much right to say Billy McKinley would be a poor appointment as pretty much everyone else (and pretty much everyone with any sense is saying it).

Pretty sure that some of the names aren't completely out of our reach.

Archived