BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

Caught-up with the BRFC & Twitter overrnight goings-on.

Just what a feckin mess.

Seemingly, we have a caretaker about to walk because he learnt he would not get the job (probably from Glen's posting on BRFCS yesterday following his group's meeting with Singh - words to the affect 'no one on the existing payroll will get the job').

We also learn from the Daily Telegraph that managers with the pedigree of Dickov and Flitcroft are under serious consideration.

Today, 13 days after Kean's departure, the club's senior management, none of whom, IMO, have covered themselves in glory or are fit for purpose, will attempt to draw-up a shortlist.

I honestly now believe that the only way forward for the club is for new owners who will quickly sweep away, IMO, all the clowns now involved with our club - management and supporters' "representatives" alike.

I don't think things could be much worse and I really, really fear for the club's future over the next 2 years.

Of course things couldn't be much worse. On this messageboard.

Since when have we believed Twitter, since when have we believed what national newspapers print about us, since when have we listened to the majority of tripe anybody says on herer or elsewhere, and how often are they right? Chill out and wait.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

until we started losing games Kamy. Sentimental stuff has to be put to one side, if they're not up to the job the dream will soon turn into a nightmare. Just pick the best man for the job irrespective of anything else.

I agree Den. In fantasy world it would be superb, but in reality it would most likely end in tears.

I am having major concerns about Shebby. As I see it he is the most dangerous kind of idiot, an idiot who places no limits on his own importance and ability. I think he is a delusional megalomaniac who will try and promote himself into a DoF role despite his lack of any experience. To be honest I think I am better qualified for the job than he is.

Also, if they were going to sack SK the week before he resoigned, why isn't this shortlist already in place? Surely any sensible club would have a succession policy......

I am filled with dread about the next couple of weeks and can see Bolton taking the sensible option while we embark on some hair brained scheme which will be doomed to failure.

Apart from this my mood is good, the sun is shining.....etc

if someone like Schuster got the job i imagine he will bring in Salgado as assistant. both know each other from Real madrid days together.

Aside from the fact that Salgado is loved by the fans, he knows the club and some of the current playing squad.

It could certainly be of benefit to Schuster.

Out of interest why do you feel more qualified for a DoF role than Shebby who has played for his country (albeit small) and has worked as a football pundit for many years?

Because I am a delusional idiot as well but slightly more so of course, why?

Does he have a fake moustache and glasses?

As long as he isnt bald and lick himself around the mouth

People saying sentimental feelings should be put aside I dont agree at all. IMO we need the atmosphere back at Ewood. We need passion and the good feeling around Ewood Park. There is no doubt that Salgado / Tugay / Sherwood etc will deffo get time to grind out results from the Ewood Park faithful.

For me football is about sentimental feelings, passion and the good feeling about legends and people caring about the club as we do.

I will hope for a Rovers legend instead of a mercenary without feelings for the club any day.

People saying sentimental feelings should be put aside I dont agree at all. IMO we need the atmosphere back at Ewood. We need passion and the good feeling around Ewood Park. There is no doubt that Salgado / Tugay / Sherwood etc will deffo get time to grind out results from the Ewood Park faithful.

For me football is about sentimental feelings, passion and the good feeling about legends and people caring about the club as we do.

I will hope for a Rovers legend instead of a mercenary without feelings for the club any day.

No. We need a good manager and the rest will come.

The mind boggles as to why we have to have someone with links to the club. I would much rather have somebody that stands their ground and won't be treated like a puppet.

Just hope that a manager is appointed soon because I am starting to tire of all this 'be patient' nonsense. I really believe they have failed to capitalise on the feel good factor after sacking Kean.

It only feels like it's taking ages because it's under scrutiny so much. If half the people on here didn't spend so much time on the messageboard, continually over analising every statement, rumour or whim. If they stepped away from that they would see not that much time has actually elapsed. A bit of time, but not loads.

The mind boggles as to why we have to have someone with links to the club. I would much rather have somebody that stands their ground and won't be treated like a puppet.

Just hope that a manager is appointed soon because I am starting to tire of all this 'be patient' nonsense. I really believe they have failed to capitalise on the feel good factor after sacking Kean.

Yes..you do, but Mr.guess who wants someone who will do as they are told.

It only feels like it's taking ages because it's under scrutiny so much. If half the people on here didn't spend so much time on the messageboard, continually over analising every statement, rumour or whim. If they stepped away from that they would see not that much time has actually elapsed. A bit of time, but not loads.

It'll be two weeks tomorrow since Kean quit and we're only drawing up a shortlist today. A shorltlist should have been drawn up prior to Kean resigning given that he was on a knife edge. Sloppy stuff and you can't look at it any other way.

It'll be two weeks tomorrow since Kean quit and we're only drawing up a shortlist today. A shorltlist should have been drawn up prior to Kean resigning given that he was on a knife edge. Sloppy stuff and you can't look at it any other way.

With new candidates coming forward it appears we are being advertised well so I can only presume these there is work being done on this. We've never had this amountof varied interest in us from what I can remember, and at the moment we are a division down. Admittedly this may be due to the fact that we have begun to spend more money, but I don't think they are simply sitting on their backsides. That's not to say they couldn't be acting faster, but when have they ever been perfect owners? It's certainly not doomsday.

With new candidates coming forward it appears we are being advertised well so I can only presume these there is work being done on this. We've never had this amountof varied interest in us from what I can remember, and at the moment we are a division down. Admittedly this may be due to the fact that we have begun to spend more money, but I don't think they are simply sitting on their backsides. That's not to say they couldn't be acting faster, but when have they ever been perfect owners? It's certainly not doomsday.

80-90% of the applicants will be dross though, there is a lack of good managers out there - shouldn't take this long to draw up the short list.

This is just plain illogical.

We need a manager who can get tactics, team selection, players signings and man management right.

If we start winning games, the atmosphere will return to Ewood, and if we get promoted fans will come back in their droves.

If we try and artifically create a good atmosphere in Ewood by appeasing the fans by appointing someone who was a club legend without having a clue of their managerial abilities, the atmosphere might be good for a few games.

But the Championship is a tough league to get out of and surely you agree that tactics/team selection etc are so much more important to results than atmosphere at the ground?

So then what do you think will create a better atmosphere at the club, a manager who will win games and get us promoted, or a manager with little or no discernible experience who has a good chance of struggling to win games?

We need someone experienced more than we ever have done to assert themselves and work in what is a very difficult situation at Ewood.

We've had two years of fanciful decisions which aren't remotely rooted in common sense, and now some fans are lobbying for yet another one of those decisions. You have to ask yourself what would John Williams do? I'll give you a clue, it wouldn't be your approach.

Also not convinced but I'd assume it's to get the fans onside from day one. Can you imagine the atmosphere at Ewood if Tugay and Salgado were stood in suits on the touchline.

my first thought would be, why hire complete and utter unknowns, when it comes to managing. Especially with our recent history in mind. Kidd, Ince and Kean.

until we started losing games Kamy. Sentimental stuff has to be put to one side, if they're not up to the job the dream will soon turn into a nightmare. Just pick the best man for the job irrespective of anything else.

exactly.

If people are clued up and really do want an ex player, the most reasonable thing to do, would be something like this:

Get a real manager in and the hire the salgado´s, the tugay´s and whatever their names are, as coaches/assistant. Let them learn under a manager with pedigree, while they slowly get more responsibility and get to know about the in´s and out´s of managing.

on another note, its insane that shebby and the owners didnt have a shortlist ready. They knew kean was dangling in a thin thread. a bunch of keaning amateurs.!

If we start winning games, the atmosphere will return to Ewood

That's not always the case though. Despite strong results there was never a good atmosphere at Ewood during Allardyce's reign. He wasn't popular with a large section of supporters before he arrived and wasn't able to change that. Ewood was a relatively happy place in those days as well.

I think it would be foolish to ignore the galvanising effect that a manager can have. We're a club that is in a mess from top to bottom - all the way down to the terraces and messageboards. In fighting, bickering, disagreements....we need someone that can restore harmony to the club, as well as get results on the pitch.

I very rarely agree with basing managerial appointments on achievements made as a player, but we're a special case at the moment. We need a personality that we can identify with as well as a manager.

My firm personal favourite is still Solskjaer (no Rovers connection but very likeable and a big name), but I think I'd prefer a sentimental name Shearer/Sherwood/Tugay to a pragmatic appointment of Hill/Robinson/Freedman for the reasons mentioned above.

Archived