Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next Manager Part 2

Kamy100

499 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following managers would you accept

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Three total simpletons reporting to three total simpletons.

A waffling settee pundit, a failed shelf salesman and the worlds worst PR man reporting to three simple rich kids who, luckily for them, inherited a thriving business

The club is doomed

This is exactly the type of thing you should post, you do realise this is a message board and not Reuters?

And it isn't Twitter so I don't want to read some fabricated crap some ass thought it'd be a good idea to Tweet.

Doubt Bolton could've lined up a manager already (although maybe they've been working on it prior to Coyle being sacked).

http://www.rovers.co...rch-422031.aspx

The taxi drivers wrong ABBEY.

Wow, really pleased that we've drawn a shorlist up, only taken 13 days. The appeal for 'patience' strikes me as Shebby saying "this is gonna take a while yet folks".

How long until we actually approach the Managers then? I can see another breaking headline in a week or so's time on the official site - "Rovers making further progress in Manager search" with Shebby talking about how faxes have been sent, phonecalls made and we're just waiting for the go ahead to speak to our shortlisted candidates.

In the meantime patience fans please...

According to your PM you want me to reply to all your posts, so here it is. See you back in the messages.

Look stfu is what I said and I don't normally discuss pms but you did call all posters on here morans I think it was . Will check after .

I cannot for the life of me why some fans think Keith Hill would make a good manager of Rovers. He hasnt exactly set the footballing world alight in the lower leagues. 1 good result away at Brum isnt conclusive evidence that he could make Rovers a force to be reckoned with.

Everyone needs to remember that these are the same clowns who were quite contented to allow Kean to continue and had no intentions of removing him. (I do not buy the imminent dismissal line)

The club is led by donkeys

BAWA unfortunately I am in total agreement with you. How can we be viewed externally with any degree of credibility with Our current owners, 'Global Advisor' and current nondescript board of directors.

If this is added to our current trading position which must be £20million loss per annum including revenue from parachute payments, unless the club is further burdoned financially by offering a Kings ransom type contract, IMO we are unlikely to attract a manager that is likely to whet our appetite.

I hope I'm wrong but I think the club is knackered and past the point of no return, particularly with the current regime.

Shaw, Agnew and Singh making what could prove to be a pivotal decision for the club with far reaching and lasting consequences. Deary me! Best of luck lads.

Derek Shaw did appoint David Moyes at Preston. Shebby did help us get rid of Kean.

At least it's not completely down to the Raos and agency like the first time.

It's far from ideal, but it's a bit better.

wonder any names on that Shortlist??? I reckon probably 3 names.

hopefully, Rovers have already spoken to them all today. Hopefully interviews will happen tomorrow and Saturday. I imagine these wont be any near Ewood Park or Brockhall senior training centre. Most Likely at Hotel in Manchester.

Here's a game: How many pages will this thread make before Venky's finally hire someone?

I will have a stab that the Olympic flame will get to Rio before these clowns make a decision. That's probably about 450 New Manager topics on here, you cannot gauge this mob by pages, numbers don't go that high.

BAWA unfortunately I am in total agreement with you. How can we be viewed externally with any degree of credibility with Our current owners, 'Global Advisor' and current nondescript board of directors.

If this is added to our current trading position which must be £20million loss per annum including revenue from parachute payments, unless the club is further burdoned financially by offering a Kings ransom type contract, IMO we are unlikely to attract a manager that is likely to whet our appetite.

I hope I'm wrong but I think the club is knackered and past the point of no return, particularly with the current regime.

I think you are bang on, the only hope is we get lucky with a decent manager and go straight up without adding onto the squad we have IMO the squad is disjointed and overrated + would need some surgery before a promotion push alone !

In the numerous years that I have supported the Rovers my first hero was Bryan Douglas, my second Alan Shearer. No doubt in my mind that they, above, all the great players to have worn the blue and white halves, were the greatest players I have had the pleasure to witness playing for our club.

When it comes to appointing a manager to guide this club onward and hopefully upward, would you pick Bryan Douglas or Mike England for example. I think not. Nor me, regardless what I thought of them as players.

So I have to wonder why so many think Shearer might be the answer to our prayers, on the sole pretext that he played for us. Like so many greats before him he has no managerial experience to speak of, other than the handful of games at Newcastle already mentioned. NUFC was his hometown club, and even he couldn't inspire them to an escape from relegation. Why do folks think he would inspire our lot? Great player, definitely yes. Manager, I don't think so.

If Pardew were to leave Newcastle tomorrow, how many magpies would chose their local hero Alan to replace him? Not many me thinks.

All this young up and coming manager business coming out of the club is total rubbish for me. The criteria is to get promoted. We need an experienced strong manager to get us there.

Mad Mick is the man for the job.

Four games without a win now and several months since we actually deserved one - Venky's MUST have the new man in place before the Derby game after the international break. November will determine whether or not we can realistically achieve promotion this season.

With the noises coming from Singh about what the club want, I'm no longer optimistic...

Archived