BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCAG and Shebby Singh (with Kamy as an added bonus)

7000 members? i find that an amazing figure.

Are these all card carrying members? Or anyone who signed a sheet on your various market stalls has been signed up?

I know many a Rovers fan and I can't say I know any BRAG members.

If it's true it must be unparelled in football, never mind Rovers. Christ, we haven't taken 7000 people to an away game in donkeys years, we only have 9/10000 ST holders.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are these all card carrying members? Or anyone who signed a sheet on your various market stalls has been signed up?

If it's true it must be unparelled in football, never mind Rovers. Christ, we haven't taken 7000 people to an away game in donkeys years, we only have 9/10000 ST holders.

At a guess, anyone who has signed up on their website.

Look there is a lot of nit-picking and back-biting against the AG (not from you Matty - good to hear from you), mainly by a few very vocal people who have deep-seated personal dislikes for some of their committee. They have been good for us fans in highlighting the issues. I may not always agree with their methods but you can't knock the fact they've managed - finally - to get dialogue out if the club. (Even though some are now complaining about too much information - strewth!)

A member is anyone who has filled an official membership form out, either in person at one of the groups many marketing events or via the official membership form on the groups website.

People who have signed up to use the forums without filling out an official membership form are NOT group members, as website sign ups are simply signing up to a discussion forum and websites do not constitute groups.

Being a member of the Facebook group, following the twitter account or even travelling on the groups away travel, does not make anyone a member.

We certainly wouldn't of ordered 10,000 membership packs at the cost of thousands of pounds, if we had not got a figure around this margin.

Whilst we may not have taken 7,000 to an away game in recent years, supporters of Blackburn Rovers are not only those who attend all games, or even live in the area, all supporters are supporters regardless of their match attending habits.

They managed to get dialogue out of the club? To be fair they now talk to Shebby, Shebby seems to spout kean at anyone who will listen.

We have met with Paul Agnew, Derek Shaw and Shebby Singh, and whilst these people are not everyone's cup of tea, they are currently the people sat in the chairs at Ewood Park.

Why does every swear word seem to be replaced by Kean?

Forget BRAG and BRIST willy waving this is more important. It's Keaning annoying

It's an excellent way of swearing and is not offensive to young people on the site.

Don't know much about Mullen so might be barking up the wrong tree here, but I find it incredible how much stick he gets. There had to be organised protests against Kean and Venkys last season, as far as I'm concerned there was no choice in the matter and we'd have been a sorry group of fans indeed to just let the crooks ruining our club go without vocal opposition. Any kind of lobby group is more effective with an organiser/figurehead, and Mullen put his own personal safety, a hell of a lot of hassle, and no doubt a considerable amount of his own time into doing it.

Its arguable how much impact he had on getting Kean out, but at least he can say he tried. I wonder if half the people slagging him off didn't try in the slightest and didn't want others to try. I think the asterix signs would be better used for the spineless, facist t**** who physically attacked him and others who've vented their frustration at the regime. These pathetic attacks going on at away games right up to the Bristol City game this season.

As for this cult of the inside source, well its pretty sad in my opinion. Who really gives a monkeys if some source can get you a story a day early or can't and he's talking rubbish? Does it matter? No.

Don't know much about Mullen so might be barking up the wrong tree here, but I find it incredible how much stick he gets. There had to be organised protests against Kean and Venkys last season, as far as I'm concerned there was no choice in the matter and we'd have been a sorry group of fans indeed to just let the crooks ruining our club go without vocal opposition. Any kind of lobby group is more effective with an organiser/figurehead, and Mullen put his own personal safety, a hell of a lot of hassle, and no doubt a considerable amount of his own time into doing it.

Its arguable how much impact he had on getting Kean out, but at least he can say he tried. I wonder if half the people slagging him off didn't try in the slightest and didn't want others to try. I think the asterix signs would be better used for the spineless, facist t**** who physically attacked him and others who've vented their frustration at the regime. These pathetic attacks going on at away games right up to the Bristol City game this season.

As for this cult of the inside source, well its pretty sad in my opinion. Who really gives a monkeys if some source can get you a story a day early or can't and he's talking rubbish? Does it matter? No.

+100

In fairness that's more the fault of the shambolic regime at present, there's very few 'sources' with any credibility. He's still a decent chap and doesn't love himself or his own name being mentioned as much as G**n M****n

Since when does Glen Mullan ever love his name being mentioned? The guy's doing a decent job of passing down information from Shebby Singh (whether or not those information should have been released or kept secret is another issue altogether) but he has never once seek attention, fame or anything. Just because the guy helped BRFC Action Group grow doesn't mean he's an attention-hungry narcissist. Not having a go at anybody, but I think it's time people lay off Glen Mullan and focus on the issues on hand rather than bullying him. Now that Steve Kean is gone, the haters are turning their hatred on people who don't deserve it.

Another Penis-size thread.

Two thoughts: what does the Action Group do now, because its obvious the Venkys cannot run a football club eg sacking of Keano;getting on with new Manager Appointment;numerous ethical issues.

AND: as Greco intimated the closer you get to organisations like Football Clubs its such a slippery slope cos they are not stupendously well-run (and ours slipped from Grade 1 to Grade 5 in the first 6months)

In fairness that's more the fault of the shambolic regime at present, there's very few 'sources' with any credibility. He's still a decent chap and doesn't love himself or his own name being mentioned as much as G**n M****n

That's a terrible post born out of prejudice and jealousy. Someone works his heart out because he loves the Club and that's his reward. Unbelievable. :red_card:

I think Glen Mullan and BRAG have done and are doing a fantastic job. Firstly, they gave all fans a platform in which to vent frustrations at Kean and the owners which was priceless for me. Secondly, they are now trying to rebuild bridges between the community and the club and whatever people may think, they have no influence over any appointment at the club.

Some people need to get a grip. Glen and other senior members of BRAG put themselves in the firing line where others were happy to melt into the background whilst the club is/was on it's knees. So what if Glen likes attention (not that I think this)? So what if he is able to get BRAG"s views across in the media which you may/may not agree with? The point is that he and the other organisers of the group actually tried and are trying to change things for the better when most of us have complained and moaned without trying to do anything about it.

Fair enough if you disagree with their ideas but you cannot slate them for trying.

As for Alan Nixon, I know he and Glen Mullan are not the best of friends at all but his information is mostly very accurate, even now. Whilst most of us will be able to see that the information provided was mostly supportive of Kean, the information was still accurate in terms of how Kean wanted things/what Kean was trying to do. It gave us a unique perspective into the 'real' thoughts of Kean. Glen's information seems to have come from the other side of the argument, as in what Singh is thinking/what Singh wants to do. Either way both people's info was accurate but shows us two differing opinions as well as the reason the club is/was in such disarray if you like.

I, for one, value Alan Nixon's input as he is never far from the truth whether you like him or agree with him or not any.

-101(just for balance ;) ).

I appreciate everything that BRAG have done and although I think this whole Glen Mullan-Shebby thing is a little bit worrying, I think the Action Group do have the best intentions and people shouldn't shoot them down.

I do however see how they are quite limited in what they can achieve now, particularly under their label of "BRFC Action Group". I mean please please please change the name from BRAG.

"Action Group" makes me cringe and I am sure it makes the wider football-watching public giggle too. It sounds like they are some rogue comic book group or something, fighting the evil power that is the Venky's.

Something more along the lines of a "Supporters Group" sounds much more professional. I just think we don't help ourselves sometimes, no wonder we are viewed as such a laughing stock (obviously Venky's are to blame for that but still...)

I have been and am a supporter of the Action Group but have to admit to being keaning bemused by recent stuff coming out of them.

They might love Shebby but is it reciprocated?

Very good question !!!!!!!!

Archived