BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFCAG and Shebby Singh (with Kamy as an added bonus)

They might love Shebby but is it reciprocated?

Very good question !!!!!!!!

The situation is quite simple really, it is not a 'Shebby Love In'.

For 21 months there has been very little communication out of the football club bar the voice of Steve Kean and ZERO attempt to try and rebuild relationships between club and supporters.

Along comes Shebby Singh, keen to stop Steve Kean from having free reign to do what and when he pleases, he opens dialogue with supporters, various sections of supporters, we introduce him to key community figures and he opens and maintains dialogue with them via supporters, all this is what the supporters and the community have been crying out for, for nigh-on two years.

He is making the effort and engaging, rather than hiding away in his office remaining silent whilst everything around him destructs.

It is not of case of us loving Shebby Singh, believe me we quite often cross swords with him on issues which are of supporter concern. There are many many members of the Action Group who do not like him, Many members do and some are willing to give him a chance before praising/vilifying him.

You may call it 'love', i like to call it giving somebody the respect they deserve for at least beginning to make the effort after 2 years of silence and accepting the opportunity to engage in dialogue with him, for us to put our members concerns across and transparently minute this for those members.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The situation is quite simple really, it is not a 'Shebby Love In'.

For 21 months there has been very little communication out of the football club bar the voice of Steve Kean and ZERO attempt to try and rebuild relationships between club and supporters.

Along comes Shebby Singh, keen to stop Steve Kean from having free reign to do what and when he pleases, he opens dialogue with supporters, various sections of supporters, we introduce him to key community figures and he opens and maintains dialogue with them via supporters, all this is what the supporters and the community have been crying out for, for nigh-on two years.

He is making the effort and engaging, rather than hiding away in his office remaining silent whilst everything around him destructs.

It is not of case of us loving Shebby Singh, believe me we quite often cross swords with him on issues which are of supporter concern. There are many many members of the Action Group who do not like him, Many members do and some are willing to give him a chance before praising/vilifying him.

You may call it 'love', i like to call it giving somebody the respect they deserve for at least beginning to make the effort after 2 years of silence and accepting the opportunity to engage in dialogue with him, for us to put our members concerns across and transparently minute this for those members.

Cannot argue with any of your post. I was not being a critic, just considered philips question was a good one. I was once convinced about shebby coming to the club was a good thing, especailly with regards to getting rid of Kean. But I have a lot of friends in both malaysia and singapore - as well as family - who I have had conversations with. Leaving me now not convinced about him. Equally the people I know could also be wrong. But I currently remain unconvinced about him. If he is genuine, then it is good for the club and that is what matters. But for now the question has to be IF.

So what is the current BRAG view of Agnew,since his life-support system has gone?

What does he do all day? Does he still have a 'Communication' role?

On the 16th October we met with both Paul Agnew and Derek Shaw, which was a meeting we had been chasing since i first wrote the letter requesting this meeting in June. We discussed many things with Paul and Derek on how we go about moving the club forward. Paul accepted that the club had let fans down, however he was keen to shift blame towards those on the board last season for failing both the supporters and the manager and he believed at this time that when results began to turn and the club was near the top of the table, the supporters would return in numbers. We tried to tell him otherwise, however he was firm in pointing out we was mistaken.

We discussed the need to bring supporters and club back together as one and concentrate on the future not the past, and Mr Agnew agreed the importance of this and we agreed to maintain dialogue. In the first week of September we again wrote requesting a meeting with Paul and Derek to follow up on these plans and to ensure progress happened. However despite me chasing this on a weekly basis, Mr Agnew was continually "checking his diary".

This culminated in the group sending a letter following the departure of Steve Kean explaining that if Paul wants to continue to ignore supporters that is fine, we will continue our dialogue with those who appreciate the need to engage with the clubs lifeblood and that we can not see exactly what benefit talking to Mr Agnew would bring, we also pointed out that we felt Steve Keans departure had rendered communicating with Mr Agnew as even more pointless.

In summary, Mr Agnew is a waste of time, the club would be better off without him and nobody is sure exactly what it is he does all day apart from remain silent just like he has done over the course of the last 2 years. His role now is apparently 'director of operations' and hopefully his position will be far weaker now that his best mate has left the club.

(Disclaimer, for the benefit of Pafell, This is my personal opinion and not a statement on behalf of the BRFC Action Group)

Mark, your summary is personal opinion, the remainder of the post seems like BRAG business.

I hope we can rid the club of Mr Agnew and Shaw. If we are stuck with Shebby I hope his priority is finding the best manager for the club - not the best manager for him to manipulate.

There was a nice small dig towards Agnew at the bottom of a column in one of the red top sunday rags. Can't rem which one but it was made after he was spotted living it up at ringside at the Price - Harrision boxing match. Apologies if it's already been mentioned but his crap job of the last few years hasn't gone unoticed by other journo's it seems.

There was a nice small dig towards Agnew at the bottom of a column in one of the red top sunday rags. Can't rem which one but it was made after he was spotted living it up at ringside at the Price - Harrision boxing match. Apologies if it's already been mentioned but his crap job of the last few years hasn't gone unoticed by other journo's it seems.

Possibly got tickets via Bradley Orr who is a mate of Dave Price.

"Since he is a close mate of David Price, surprising to see Jamie Carragher having to sit a few rows back from the front as the heavyweight ended Audley Harrison’s career at the Echo Arena on Saturday night.

No such trouble for Paul Agnew, the Blackburn director who has masterminded Rovers’ superb PR over the last few seasons. He was ringside, though rumours that he is planning to offer Audley the Rovers job are thought to be unfounded."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/3pms-football-funnies-see-the-internet-1379042

Archived