BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Dingles losing Eddie Howe to Bournemouth?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howe has gone, signed for Bournemouth.

Jim White on SS said that Coyle is returning to Burnley. Won't be happy if he does go, he was their best manager in about 30 years. We're managerless and that lot get a better manager than the one they've just been compensated for :angry2:

The overwhelming feeling in Dingle Land is 'fair enough'. Eddie was a likeable guy, fairly competent but isn't exactly irreplaceable. And our defence has been fairly toss for the last 12 months.

I don't think for a minute our board would now turn to Coyle... so expect him to be unveiled on Monday.

Coyle's stock is in the same laughing category as Kean

Bit harsh! If it wasn't for the Burnley connection I'd take Coyle. I bet Kean won't get another job at this level, Coyle was never going to be out of work for long.

He took Burnley up, had them performing well in the Premier League, twice kept Bolton comfortably above relegation and took them to the FA Cup semis....then it all went a bit tits up.

Still, his record stands at 3 good seasons and 1 1/4 bad ones. Admittedly those bad ones were pretty spectacularly bad...but at least he's proven he can be a success. Unlike Kean.

Coyle's stock is in the same laughing category as Kean. He is a busted flush

He was great for them. Had a nightmare at Bolton but let's not forget he got Burnley promoted on a very tight budget. That was little short of miraculous really.

At Bolton he had a squad that were alien to the type of football he wanted to play. Round peg in a square hole.

It'll more likely be another (cheap) young manager who's done well in the lower leagues. Mickey Mellon at Fleetwood, Steve Davis at Crewe. I think it's a decent policy for our club and budget.

If they did go for Coyle it'd be weird but as for every other manager, it'll all come down to results.

Nothing like the pain of others to distract you from your own :tu:

No pain for them really. If they get Coyle back they'll have upgraded and got compensation.

Jim White on Sky Sports just changed his story to Owen Coyle on Burnleys shopping list.

Upgraded in your opinion. Coyle is more likely to repeat his Bolton feats than the fluke of his decent Burnley half season

You're looking at it from our point of view. Burnley fans would be happy to stay in the league, not get promoted.

Coyle was there for longer than just the good half season you talk about. Remember he gave them an excellent season in the championship as well, only the year after he arrived, got them promoted and in their first home game beat Manchester United. It was fairytale stuff for them. Who knows if he'd have kept them up but you can't deny Burnley and Coyle were an excellent fit. His record for them as manager was excellent.

He went from that to trying to shape a Megson team.

Bit harsh! If it wasn't for the Burnley connection I'd take Coyle. I bet Kean won't get another job at this level, Coyle was never going to be out of work for long.

He took Burnley up, had them performing well in the Premier League, twice kept Bolton comfortably above relegation and took them to the FA Cup semis....then it all went a bit tits up.

Still, his record stands at 3 good seasons and 1 1/4 bad ones. Admittedly those bad ones were pretty spectacularly bad...but at least he's proven he can be a success. Unlike Kean.

Hmmm. It's interesting. Coyle and Mark Hughes are quite similar. Had a great run with one club then deeply mediocre or poor after. Looking at Brendan Rodgers at Liverpool and whatshisface at Aston Villa and it looks like there could be the same story there...

What does make a good manager? Would Alex Ferguson neccessarily be a success at Bury? Arsene Venger at Milan?? It's a question. Villa-Boas really struggled at Chelsea. I think for a manager there are so many different factors it is really hard to say "this will be a great manager for us" - the players you inherit, the owners, the board, the expectations of the fans, the budget you have.

To be honest you are really going on gut feel a lot of the time. Look at Sven Goran Errikson's outstanding career then his terrible time at Leicester...

It is becoming a Lancashire merry go round ..

If Coyle does go back to Burnley (there is every chance ) they will in my opinion become much stronger than they were under Howe ..

Coyles move to Bolton was odd , he wanted to sign 2 loan players that the BFC board said no too.. The Bolton board said yes Wilkshire from Arsenal and some one from Man City cannot remember who ...So he joined Bolton !

Bolton for 2 years before were struggling to stay up , so it was not to surprising they did eventually go down .

As a Rovers fan , I am not sure Coyle returning to Burnley is good news ...He has galvanised them in the past !

As for Kean , I would be absolutely amazed if he resurfaced in the UK in any football capacity at all ...

Archived