BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burnley & Blackpool away

Hughesy

The usual over reaction as expected..was there any mass trouble when the Youth games were played and fans had free travel?

Yes, though quite minor. I witnessed fighting near the old hospital spilling across the road and onto my car bonnet from about ten men (only three on the bonnet, mind).

What are the odds on tickets becoming available for season ticket holders who have not been to any away games?

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, though quite minor. I witnessed fighting near the old hospital spilling across the road and onto my car bonnet from about ten men (only three on the bonnet, mind).

What are the odds on tickets becoming available for season ticket holders who have not been to any away games?

Almost certain. As of Monday there were 1,500 people eligible in the first phase for 3,000 tickets. A few more will have become eligible by buying tickets for upcoming away games but not another 1,500.

Almost certain. As of Monday there were 1,500 people eligible in the first phase for 3,000 tickets. A few more will have become eligible by buying tickets for upcoming away games but not another 1,500.

Ah good, thanks for that.

At the youth game at the Turd we saw 3 separate small dust ups on the way back to the station, aggression from both sides. One incident could have got very nasty if it wasn't for the Police near the station stopping dingles attacking mostly young Rovers fans. That was just a youth game so it's no wonder they take it so seriously. Better safe than sorry for the average fan to be able to attend these games, so what if it costs £6.50.

Anybody see the irony in this post....

I wonder if you'll do the usual disappearing act for months when we beat you again, ******.

Indeed Gav - a foundation-less boast often made on both sides, hence the smiley.

And of course I will, I'll crawl off to lick my wounds - but only after I come on here to offer my thoughts on the game and congratulations to the victors, just like I did on ALL the previous occasions. In the unlikely event we win, do I take it you will welcome my presence and engage in some good natured banter? Or will you be a **** like usual?

Win or Lose I will be on, to offer up my thoughts and then I'll do one for a while, either because my presence would not be welcome or, as is more likely, the scenario above.

Well recent history (or the last 4 decades) appears to be on our side... no pressure lads ;)

27/12/82 - Burnley 0 Rovers 1

04/04/83 - Rovers 2 Burnley 1

17/12/00 - Burnley 0 Rovers 2

01/04/01 - Rovers 5 Burnley 0

20/02/05 - Burnley 0 Rovers 0

01/03/05 - Rovers 2 Burnley 1

18/10/09 - Rovers 3 Burnley 2

23/03/10 - Burnley 0 Rovers 1

So over the last 33 years (since they last beat us in '79) we have P8 W7 D1 L0 F16 A4

Not a bad record there, in which time the Dingles have failed to score a goal at home against us!

Well recent history (or the last 4 decades) appears to be on our side... no pressure lads ;)

27/12/82 - Burnley 0 Rovers 1

04/04/83 - Rovers 2 Burnley 1

17/12/00 - Burnley 0 Rovers 2

01/04/01 - Rovers 5 Burnley 0

20/02/05 - Burnley 0 Rovers 0

01/03/05 - Rovers 2 Burnley 1

18/10/09 - Rovers 3 Burnley 2

23/03/10 - Burnley 0 Rovers 1

So over the last 33 years (since they last beat us in '79) we have P8 W7 D1 L0 F16 A4

Not a bad record there, in which time the Dingles have failed to score a goal at home against us!

This is the year all that comes to an end.

Are there any season ticket holders here that are not going? I would like to buy your ticket if possible. Just moved to the UK from Canada but to the "wrong" part of England (for the GF's work) so don't have a season ticket, but going to Blackburn Burnley has always been on the life "to-do" list.

Any help would be appreciated!

yes there was trouble, in blackburn town centre around the boulevard area. there was also some close calls on the platform of blackburn station, and had it not been for the officers on the platform that night, all keaning hell would have broken loose.

i will be going. i dont have a problem with the policing measures before,during or after the game. i aint bothered bout not being able to drink before the game, as there is plenty of time when i get back to my apartment.

You've got to laugh. Other, more volatile and higher profile games than the ELD get policed without such draconian policing methods. I simply dont know how Lancs Constabulary get away with it. StrathClyde Police have far more to deal with and dont feel the need to police the Old Firm games this way.

oops double post following edit!

Just as a side issues, what the heck was going on with the gate at the morgue on Saturday, 13k for a derby game :rock:

Pathetic.

Bit of a bold statement lol Fast forward 12 mnths and how many will we get for a mid table early season tv game v Blackpool at average ticket prices ?

Just as a side issues, what the heck was going on with the gate at the morgue on Saturday, 13k for a derby game :rock:

Pathetic.

Was a poor turn out, only 1300 from Blackpool too. Partly down to it being televised but largely down to 2 and a bit years of poor decisions Barring a major turnaround in fortunes gates will continue to decline unfortunately. That said, the Coyle seasons apart, our gate is probably at around 14K as an average anyway.

Archived