BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Football Manager 2013

The demo is out on the 26th October. Having skipped FM 2012 and also finding out that my old single core rig can run it (to what extent I'm unsure of) I think I may be making a purchase this year.

FM 2013 apparently comes bundled with a ''lite'' version of the game called ''Football Manager Classic'' which I'd imagine to be similar to some of the older titles or the IPhone/Android versions.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Am currently downloading the beta. I skipped FM12 on the basis I was still very much enjoying FM11 and saw no need to buy a new version. Still very much enjoy FM11 to be honest, but FM13 is a good price and the lure of playing it a couple of weeks early was too much for me to resist :)

Lol - thinking about playing as someone else for a month or so. Just to see who FM think we will appoint then acting like a ITK on the main forum. Probably a better source than most of them on there.

351e4r4.jpg

2rfvuw5.jpg

Probably still too high in some areas but at least not horrifically overrated like he was on FM11.

Favoured personnel, Anuradha Desai and Paul Agnew. ROFL!

It's worth signing him up again just so you can give him the proper sacking he deserves.

• Backroom

Unfortunately(?) he won't come to the club. It does make me laugh that he's labelled as an "assistant manager" :)

I've stopped playing the beta. Have to admit the UI irritates me. It's like they've tried to cram every bit of information possible into every screen. Hopefully there's a skin released soon that makes it less cluttered, because right now it has the appearance of a console manager game which is disappointing. The match engine also has massive issues with crosses leading to goals, and fullbacks not doing their job.

Back to FM11 for now.

I've stopped playing the beta. Have to admit the UI irritates me. It's like they've tried to cram every bit of information possible into every screen.

I know what you mean, I couldn't stand it when they first introduced the lighter skin was it 2010?, It's just a case of getting used to it which you usually do after a couple of days play.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Nope, haven't found that Eddie. But then I haven't made too many transfers yet - mainly loans etc, as Rovers have such a small transfer budget at the start of the game.

Set up my formo as 'typical' Allardyce. 4-5-1, long ball through the middle, target man, slow pace, and so on. My first goal? MGP chipped free kick into the box, scrambled in by my CB (Dann) :lol: scarily accurate.

Edit: See uploaded video below

Trying to install FM2007 on my comp, but it doesn't appear to like Windows 7.

Yeaaah, I know it's outdated as hell, but I've always loved that version of the game and know it inside-out.

Fixxxed. Right-click > properties > compatibility > change settings for all users > Windows 2000 mode.

Just so you know.

• Backroom

Have actually gone back to FM11 for the moment. Will return to FM13 once a few patches have been released... current version, as with all FM games, is difficult to play at release time. A lot of silly bugs.

Have actually gone back to FM11 for the moment. Will return to FM13 once a few patches have been released... current version, as with all FM games, is difficult to play at release time. A lot of silly bugs.

I have gone back to my FM12 save. FM13 match engine just has to many bugs which are ruining the experience for me, therefore have given up on it for now and gone back to FM12.

Hopefully future patches can sort out the match engine, for the first time ever I will say that with this many bugs SI I should've delayed the release by a month or so to get things right.

I haven't played the latest FM for a couple of years. There's been a couple of factors in that with the major one being a lack of time. Can those who have played the latest version tell me a little bit about "Classic mode"? I've read that you can whistle through a season in 7 hours or so, which is exactly what I'd be after. But is it any good, or does it miss all of the decent stuff out?

Archived