BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] sam glad to be out of brfc

Considering Laudrup was interested and as you say

Why do I have to keep repeating myself ? None of those managers in my opinion would have come to a Venky's owned Rovers - not that we would have wanted them anyway because none of them are better than Allardyce or have his track record as a manager who can get impoverished clubs like ours to punch above their weight. If you can't see that you know nothing about football.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do I have to keep repeating myself ? None of those managers in my opinion would have come to a Venky's owned Rovers - not that we would have wanted them anyway because none of them are better than Allardyce or have his track record as a manager who can get impoverished clubs like ours to punch above their weight. If you can't see that you know nothing about football.

Why do I have to keep repeating myself? Nobody is a guarantee to keep you up but those managers could have done. Those managers wouldn't necessarily have known Venky's would behave as they did (and even if they did, look at the quality of people we've attracted to the managers position now AFTER all that Venky's have done).

I'm not talking about surpassing Allardyce, or necessarily matching him. I'm talking about stopping in the league and watching a decent game of football.

And I'm talking about what I'd have done, not what you'd have done. All I'm arguing is it wasn't a case of Allardyce or down, and therefore personally had I just taken over I would have got rid of him.

At the end of the day, if you got some professional risk analyst to look at the sacking of Allardyce, he would conclude it was complete insanity.

Given our negative transfer budget, our limited pulling power as a small top flight club, our mid/low quality of players for the league, our very high position in the football ladder at the time, and the very limited availability of high quality, realistic managers for us; the overall risk in changing manager was dangerously high.

And what were the benefits? Practically zero chance of a positional improvement than what Sam could achieve. Basically solely a subjective style issue that only bothered about 50% of fans.

Risks = massive, Benefits = Zero/slight depending on opinion.

Its like fiddling with a bomb, and when it blows up saying well we didn't fiddle with it in the correct way. Rather than the sane option, the one John Williams would have taken, don't fiddle with it at all.

But by now this is pretty much wasting our breath. There could have been no better an illustration of the stupidity of sacking Allardyce than what happened when we did it. And some people still don't get it.

At the end of the day, if you got some professional risk analyst to look at the sacking of Allardyce, he would conclude it was complete insanity.

Given our negative transfer budget, our limited pulling power as a small top flight club, our mid/low quality of players for the league, our very high position in the football ladder at the time, and the very limited availability of high quality, realistic managers for us; the overall risk in changing manager was dangerously high.

And what were the benefits? Practically zero chance of a positional improvement than what Sam could achieve. Basically solely a subjective style issue that only bothered about 50% of fans.

Risks = massive, Benefits = Zero/slight depending on opinion.

Its like fiddling with a bomb, and when it blows up saying well we didn't fiddle with it in the correct way. Rather than the sane option, the one John Williams would have taken, don't fiddle with it at all.

But by now this is pretty much wasting our breath. There could have been no better an illustration of the stupidity of sacking Allardyce than what happened when we did it. And some people still don't get it.

It wasn't insanity, but it was a risk. The appointment afterwards was insanity.

Why do I have to keep repeating myself? Nobody is a guarantee to keep you up but those managers could have done. Those managers wouldn't necessarily have known Venky's would behave as they did (and even if they did, look at the quality of people we've attracted to the managers position now AFTER all that Venky's have done).

I'm not talking about surpassing Allardyce, or necessarily matching him. I'm talking about stopping in the league and watching a decent game of football.

And I'm talking about what I'd have done, not what you'd have done. All I'm arguing is it wasn't a case of Allardyce or down, and therefore personally had I just taken over I would have got rid of him.

!st point in bold, we have not attracted anyone yet, we have no manager

2nd point in bold, are you part of the venkys organisation?

I doubt if you are from Rishton as your location says because sometimes your grammar gives you away

!st point in bold, we have not attracted anyone yet, we have no manager

2nd point in bold, are you part of the venkys organisation?

I doubt if you are from Rishton as your location says because sometimes your grammar gives you away

1. we have attracted interest with managers throwing themselves into the ring. The problem appears to be our hiring methods and motives, not actually attracting others.

2. No, but we can all speak hypothetically.

3. I was born in Great Harwood which is no better.

And an added point, you've got a lot of catching up to do replying to all my posts. Late start today, I look forward to seeing you in all the other threads I've recently posted in as you'll no doubt want to reply to it all.

1. we have attracted interest with managers throwing themselves into the ring. The problem appears to be our hiring methods and motives, not actually attracting others.

2. No, but we can all speak hypothetically.

3. I was born in Great Harwood which is no better.

And an added point, you've got a lot of catching up to do replying to all my posts. Late start today, I look forward to seeing you in all the other threads I've recently posted in as you'll no doubt want to reply to it all.

not really as i find you a pain in the back side, as do a lot of other posters, the delay is down to the current time delay due to location

Feel free to put me on ignore.

I don't put people on ignore, dream on.

This post you made today

Posted Today, 04:51 PM

I am most looking forward to the return of Markus Olsson.

doesn't sound like a harwood/rishton speaking person to me

look at the quality of people we've attracted to the managers position now AFTER all that Venky's have done).

Billy McKinlay or Eric Black seem to be the options - in the Steve Kean class most people would say.

There were plenty of good games to watch under Sam, and from many of them I went home happy with 3 points under the belt. Enough said.

I don't put people on ignore, dream on.

This post you made today

Posted Today, 04:51 PM

I am most looking forward to the return of Markus Olsson.

doesn't sound like a harwood/rishton speaking person to me

Really? Why?

This is a quite bizarre conversation.

Billy McKinlay or Eric Black seem to be the options - in the Steve Kean class most people would say.

There were plenty of good games to watch under Sam, and from many of them I went home happy with 3 points under the belt. Enough said.

Those seem to be the options for Venky's who don't want to employ a manager by the looks of things.

I am merely talking about what I would have done.

If that is enough said then fantastic! I disagree with you though. The football was abysmal.

don't be coy, say what you mean

If you generalise people then I'm quite sure you'll trip up in that thread on one thing or another. It could be one of lots of things, race is not the only thing being discussed in there. I could have course be wrong, but people who generalise tend to generalise at least one group of people in particular. In this instance you seem to be choosing to tar all of Rishton and Great Harwood with the same brush, and I think it may be based on their intelligence.

braddock at it again.

curbishley is london, boring and has never got his sides playing as well or signed players as good as sam did at bolton. why would you fire sam for him?

laudrup would have been nice instead of ince but his record is nothing like sam's and as jim said, there's discontent at swansea. we could very well have gone down replacing sam with him.

di matteo had just been fired after looking out of his depth at wba.

pardew would have seemed ridiculous at the time.

once again, there was no good reason for sacking sam. it's proven in that we have gone down whilst he has won a promotion and got west ham into the top half of the league since he went. he's a top manager, only a rung down from moyes as far as i can see. his record speaks for itself...

braddock at it again.

curbishley is london, boring and has never got his sides playing as well or signed players as good as sam did at bolton. why would you fire sam for him?

laudrup would have been nice instead of ince but his record is nothing like sam's and as jim said, there's discontent at swansea. we could very well have gone down replacing sam with him.

di matteo had just been fired after looking out of his depth at wba.

pardew would have seemed ridiculous at the time.

once again, there was no good reason for sacking sam. it's proven in that we have gone down whilst he has won a promotion and got west ham into the top half of the league since he went. he's a top manager, only a rung down from moyes as far as i can see. his record speaks for itself...

But surely you agree that there will have been a manager out there who could have kept us up who wasn't Allardyce. I'm talking off the top of my head, it isn't like I've held a full interview process and advertised the post. There'll have been many we'd never even think of. This is my point. There will have been someone. There'd be nobody to guarantee our safety, but then there never is. But there would have been a hell of a lot who could have done better than Kean.

If you generalise people then I'm quite sure you'll trip up in that thread on one thing or another. It could be one of lots of things, race is not the only thing being discussed in there. I could have course be wrong, but people who generalise tend to generalise at least one group of people in particular. In this instance you seem to be choosing to tar all of Rishton and Great Harwood with the same brush, and I think it may be based on their intelligence.

I wasn't tarring anyone, you used that phrase, I used to live in Rishton for a while and enjoyed it, and there are many very inteligent people there,

there are also very many genuine good hearted people there as well. I questioned wether you were actually from Rishton and you confirmed that you were not. So you want me to take part in the Black Player thread so I may trip myself up, what are you implying?

I wasn't tarring anyone, you used that phrase, I used to live in Rishton for a while and enjoyed it, and there are many very inteligent people there,

there are also very many genuine good hearted people there as well. I questioned wether you were actually from Rishton and you confirmed that you were not. So you want me to take part in the Black Player thread so I may trip myself up, what are you implying?

Why could I not be from Rishton?

I think you've come to that conclusion through generalisation, and reread my last post on why I think you'd trip up in the other thread, if you had anything to trip up about. The black player thread isn't just about black people, so i am not implying that you are racist, if that is what you think.

Why could I not be from Rishton?

I think you've come to that conclusion through generalisation, and reread my last post on why I think you'd trip up in the other thread, if you had anything to trip up about. The black player thread isn't just about black people, so i am not implying that you are racist, if that is what you think.

This is what you wrote

If you're going to generalise, hit the Black Players Association thread so we can have a laugh.

What did you mean?

This is what you wrote

If you're going to generalise, hit the Black Players Association thread so we can have a laugh.

What did you mean?

Go to a thread where others are making generalised posts about inequalities in society so we can have a laugh, because if you are going to generalise me then you may well generalise other people. This is what I meant. You may not, but you may. That could be any type of person you would be generalising as in that thread it is not simply black people who are being discussed. Do you follow?

Go to a thread where others are making generalised posts about inequalities in society so we can have a laugh, because if you are going to generalise me then you may well generalise other people. This is what I meant. You may not, but you may. That could be any type of person you would be generalising as in that thread it is not simply black people who are being discussed. Do you follow?

When did I make a comment about inequalities and why would it be a laugh?

Note I did not generalise you I was specific, I questioned if you were from Rishton, you are not, I was correct.

Why do you keep wanting me to discuss black people and other types (your words), explain exactly what you mean?

yoda's been trippin' balls lately. It's no wonder you can't make hide nor hair of his posts.

As for me, I've made no secret of my distaste for Sam's football. Looked like it was improving at one stage but then the following season we reverted to type. Sick to death of watching us scrap it into touch so Pedersen could launch another one of those long-winded throws. Watching Rovers had become nothing but a perfunctory experience. Sure, results weren't bad (7-1 humiliation aside) but it didn't evoke any sort of passion.

Anyway, if I was an ambitious owner with genuine intentions for the club, then Sam would've gone. Not that I would've sacked him. His contract was up in six months. Why waste the money and destabilize the club mid-season? I would've bided my time until the football was over, thanked him for his work and waved him off, giving myself the entire summer to find a suitable replacement who could get results and entertain the fans once in awhile. It's the least I could do.

yoda's been trippin' balls lately. It's no wonder you can't make hide nor hair of his posts.

As for me, I've made no secret of my distaste for Sam's football. Looked like it was improving at one stage but then the following season we reverted to type. Sick to death of watching us scrap it into touch so Pedersen could launch another one of those long-winded throws. Watching Rovers had become nothing but a perfunctory experience. Sure, results weren't bad (7-1 humiliation aside) but it didn't evoke any sort of passion.

Anyway, if I was an ambitious owner with genuine intentions for the club, then Sam would've gone. Not that I would've sacked him. His contract was up in six months. Why waste the money and destabilize the club mid-season? I would've bided my time until the football was over, thanked him for his work and waved him off, giving myself the entire summer to find a suitable replacement who could get results and entertain the fans once in awhile. It's the least I could do.

After the 1st line I agree with you, just pm'd you

Archived