BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] sam glad to be out of brfc

The derision it deserves, who the **** are you exactly? Your know-it-all attitude on here is an absolute joke considering how completely wrong you are about most things. And when people point out that you're wrong, this standard sarcastic insulting reply is rolled out. I suppose someone who talks as much garbage as you must have a well-honed technique for side-stepping the point.

It proves both that Venkys are rubbish at choosing managers and that there are very few managers out there as good as Allardyce, or if the sample is too small, then thats already been proven multiple times in this thread with people posting the tiny list of managers who have sustained success with small clubs in the premiership.

And by the way, this intellectually superior pedestal you put yourself on is undermined somewhat by your obsession with flotation devices for avatars. Why don't you skip the fantasising and buy yourself a blow-up doll.

Don't hate the player, hate the game.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big Sam'll be cock a hoop tonight and deservedly so! He just loves turning over fancy dans managed by the likes of Wenger and especially Rafa after the disrespect shown in the past by the fat spanish waiter!

He who laughs last eh?

What dollopers the slumdogs and their gormless (early doors) supporters eh? The lot of em couldn't recognise a decent football manager if they fell over one.

Theres one thing that you can say about Sam, and I am most definately a fan of his is that the big fella deserves every credit due to him.

A lovely fella outside of the game and one who can definately get the best out of average players, clearly evidenced by todays wonderful performance versus a limp effort by Rafa inspired chelski.

Romn abramovich what have you done to your beloved toy ?

Look good luck to Sam, he deserves it. Was there ever a more ridiculous, unjustified and destructive sacking than his removal from Rovers two years ago ?

As soon as the decision was made I knew we would be screwed - why sack a very good manager, it just didn't make sense.

Time to move on, Samites. We're in this position because Venky's saw fit to dismantle the club from top to bottom. Sacking Allardyce was just one of many unjustified decisions made during their calamitous reign.

Sacking Allardyce was just one of many unjustified decisions made during their calamitous reign.

You know Toppers, if we really knew who sold a bunch of know nothing Indians the idea that they could get us into the Champions League with £5m/transfer window and a few loanees, we would know for certain who's to blame for this mess.

Take your pick from JA or the trustees. Or maybe it was a joint effort.

When Sam's won league titles in Spain and a European cup, maybe then he can claim bragging rights. Real Madrid are taking a helluva long time with that phonecall. ;)

Sams never been at a club to challenge though, so its an unfair comparison really. I dont think you can really deny his record. I wasnt fond of the football under Allardyce, but i think most fans where content to accept it if the results came too.

every time i see west ham they are good. they let teams come at them, win it and then work the ball into really dangerous positions quickly. sam's one of the best managers there is, people talk about moyes but i don't see much difference between him and sam. jarvis, nolan, noble and demel were really impressive yesterday.

the swansea win was good too, laudrup has swansea playing through midfield much quicker than they did last season and they look better for it.

As soon as the decision was made I knew we would be screwed - why sack a very good manager, it just didn't make sense.

Me too, I got a phone call from my son on my way home from work. My immediate thought was " We're being run by idiots ", who else would change horses in mid stream in that fashion. We all know the rest, two years of absolute, unmitigated disaster. A period I don't expect the club to recover from in my lifetime. And it's not over yet.

• Backroom

I remember somebody telling me in the lift at work as I was going home that Sam had been sacked. My immediate response was 'we're going to get relegated, then.'

Took a season longer than I thought but it's certainly been a downward spiral ever since Dec 2010.

I remember somebody telling me in the lift at work as I was going home that Sam had been sacked. My immediate response was 'we're going to get relegated, then.'

Took a season longer than I thought but it's certainly been a downward spiral ever since Dec 2010.

Me too, it was all so inevitable and predictable. I was in the car when I heard the news on the radio. Nearly swerved across the road at the shock. Problem is, as Tyrone says, the spiral of decline is not finished. I've accepted I will never see Rovers play in the top league again in my lifetime.

Time to move on, Samites. We're in this position because Venky's saw fit to dismantle the club from top to bottom. Sacking Allardyce was just one of many unjustified decisions made during their calamitous reign.

It was in truth the first and the biggest.

Me too, I got a phone call from my son on my way home from work. My immediate thought was " We're being run by idiots ", who else would change horses in mid stream in that fashion. We all know the rest, two years of absolute, unmitigated disaster. A period I don't expect the club to recover from in my lifetime. And it's not over yet.

When I heard the news I was shocked and dismayed as Allardyce had been imo the stand out candidate for a club in our financial position after City nicked Hughes. I wrongly assumed that the Venkymob had a 'biggie' lined up to come in. I was nervous about their inexperience to find the right man but could not have predicted their next move to appoint some backslider on the take/make more suited to carrying a net of balls and putting down cones.

In a way, the Sam sacking just brought forward the inevitable. If they hadn´t sacked Sam, he wouldn´t be here now anyway. He´d have left the circus before too long of his own volition. The sacking just neatly symbolised the nightmare the club was about to live.

When all is said and done, we won´t fully recover from the Venkys for many years.

When Sam's won league titles in Spain and a European cup, maybe then he can claim bragging rights. Real Madrid are taking a helluva long time with that phonecall. ;)

There were Rovers fans chortling on here that Sam "couldn't get a job with a Premiership club".

Were you one of them Topman? Looks a foolish claim now.......

In a way, the Sam sacking just brought forward the inevitable. If they hadn´t sacked Sam, he wouldn´t be here now anyway. He´d have left the circus before too long of his own volition. The sacking just neatly symbolised the nightmare the club was about to live.

When all is said and done, we won´t fully recover from the Venkys for many years.

Will we ever recover from the Venky's?

Watching West Ham get in and around Chelsea, playing to their own strengths and Chelsea's obvious weakenesses reminded me of Rovers under SA.

A brilliant performance they can be proud of. A manager they can also be proud of. A set of players fully committed to the club. Anyone watching their bench celebrating wildly as they scored goal number three would know that SA has the club working seamlessly together from top to bottom.

I am pleased for SA and although I have never liked West Ham, am pleased they will be safe this season and have a chance to consolidate, solidify and prosper.

Anyone know if the delusional WHU fans with their illogical inbred champagne tastes on beer money are happy? If it's like here scratch the surface and illogical Anti Sam hatred will quickly be revealed. Anti Sammites are like cold sores... completely dormant until the first sign of any stress and then they appear overnight.

Watching West Ham get in and around Chelsea, playing to their own strengths and Chelsea's obvious weakenesses reminded me of Rovers under SA.

A brilliant performance they can be proud of. A manager they can also be proud of. A set of players fully committed to the club. Anyone watching their bench celebrating wildly as they scored goal number three would know that SA has the club working seamlessly together from top to bottom.

I am pleased for SA and although I have never liked West Ham, am pleased they will be safe this season and have a chance to consolidate, solidify and prosper.

+1

Archived