BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean wants 1.5 mil compo

Coco has taken a very risky stance here, if Venkys challenge this and win it will cost him a fortune in legal fees, additionally he faces BFS charges. On top of that who in the football world would employ him after this apart from his bum chums at SKY even then would he retain any credibility, personally I hope the cheesy no-mark gets screwed to the wall.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a slimy keaning kean he is, useless kean on every level and hes trying to sue to the club, I don’t hate anyone, but this kean I’ll make an exception for.

The owners will learn a valuable lesson here, but let the keaning rat come back with another club.......

kean

Going back to when Kean first resigned, the advice I received from an employment lawyer was that Kean would not be able to make a constructive dismissal case stick based on what is in the public domain.

And that is without relying on the offer he is reliably reported to have made to save his job last May (17 points from first 9 games or he would go without seeking compensation).

The headless chickens are worried sick about getting him bound by an NDA though and that is what will be costly.

Well exactly- why do we think everything is in the public domain?? We are basing our MB views based on mere snippets of info that have been passed round and embellished and beyond.There is 99% (where did i hear that number before??) of whats gone on that we don't and probably will never know.

The minute he walked and said his job had been made untenable this claim was always coming.And Shebby is a half wit who can't keep his big gob shut and has played right into Kean's hands with these public outbursts aimed at impressing fans that he has power.He is a total liability .He hasn't got the faintest clue what he is doing at any level and sooner or later those who think he is the answer will be fecking slaughtering the clown.

Some people have some amount of brass balls on them! After all that he has done and got paid a fortune for, he is still looking for an extra £1.5 million out of us? The man's a disgrace. But as someone else said, he isn't going to working in the near future or the distant future for that matter, so he's desperate to gather as much cash as he can. I'd like to see how he would go about proving that the owners meddled with the team affairs.

how he can treat the rao's like this is just beyond me.

I've heard of hubris but never seen it quite like this before.

He's ruined a football club because he thought he was a brilliant coach who could get rovers playing pass and move football.

He was absolutely convinced that his vision for playing a passing game would work.

Sadly - his ability to actually set the team up in the correct manner were totally exposed

Steve Kean - you were given chance after chance after chance by Mrs R. You took her for a ride, because she didn't know better. You've ruined a football club for years to come and you have the audacity to claim compensation. Shame on you - I didn't think you could stoop any lower than you have done over the past 2 years, but your shame knows no bounds.

What goes around, comes around in life. And I for one will be very happy to see it when it finally catches up with you.

I agree. He really is a deplorable little kean that does not know the meaning of loyalty. First, Allardyce gave him a job (I assume), and he repaid him by allegedly conniving to take his job from him. Andy Cole's comments that Kean was touted for the job before the takeover was even completed support this. Then Venkys, who had given him a very well paid job well beyond his credentials, supported him to the very hilt at the enormous detriment of their highly expensive asset and the vitriol of the fanbase for a very long time. But when he decides enough is enough, he then turns around and has the barefaced cheek to sue them for constructive dismissal! You couldn't make it up. I can't stand Venkys, but that's still no way to treat them after all they've done for him. They'd have been well in their rights to sack him a very long time ago.

Hope he loses and suffers huge financial losses.

I don't think you can compare the role of a football manager to a 'normal job' when it comes to constructive dismissal. In which normal job for example do you get a pay-off when you're sacked like in football? In what normal job do your new employers have to pay 'compensation' to your old employers when you switch jobs? In what normal job does your contract 'run out' and needs to be renewed every three or four years?

I was under the impression that managers, like players, weren't employees as such but more akin to contractors so surely this would be a breach of contract issue rather than constructive dismissal.

there's an interesting article here... http://www.thelawyer.com/should-i-stay-or-should-i-go/1014932.article.

with a particulary telling statement about when Keegan tried to get compo out of Newcastle...

'Yet Kean and his lawyers would do well to remember Kevin Keegan’s case against Newcastle United FC. He had a contract on terms similar to those reported to apply to Kean. Factually, his constructive dismissal allegation was upheld, but the Premier League Managers Arbitration Tribunal dismissed his claim for damages representing the remainder of the fixed term ignoring the liquidated damages provision, stating that the parties must have intended that the provision should apply in circumstances of constructive dismissal'

Let's hope that Coco gets what he gave... nothing.

there's an interesting article here... http://www.thelawyer...014932.article.

with a particulary telling statement about when Keegan tried to get compo out of Newcastle...

'Yet Kean and his lawyers would do well to remember Kevin Keegan’s case against Newcastle United FC. He had a contract on terms similar to those reported to apply to Kean. Factually, his constructive dismissal allegation was upheld, but the Premier League Managers Arbitration Tribunal dismissed his claim for damages representing the remainder of the fixed term ignoring the liquidated damages provision, stating that the parties must have intended that the provision should apply in circumstances of constructive dismissal'

Let's hope that Coco gets what he gave... nothing.

Page Not Found :(

Page Not Found :(

Try googling thelawyer then scroll down home page to piece headed 'Should I go or should I stay ?' under Opinion. Author seems to think that, as in the Keegan case, Kean's payout may be limited to the £300K agreed and not the full salary to the end of his fixed term contract as claimed.

Give him a million and move on.

Best deal for all parties.

It's amazing the relative value of money. It's a life changing amount of cash for you or I.

But, Hell, forget about us, that throwaway £1,000,000 might look like an awful lot of money for Rovers in 2 or 3 years time.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but that idiot Bradley Orr was on 5 Live this evening with Steve Claridge and 'Chappers'. He was a bit more discrete in airing his views than the last time I heard him shooting his mouth off.

We can be rest assured that all the players are great mates with 'Blackie'. Brilliant.

I know I am going to get slaughtered for this but I think settling up for 1.5M is the best way to go.

I as much as anyone have hated everything this evil individual has done to us but the consequences of going to court not knowing one way or the other if the club would win could cause untold irrepearable damage,much to the point we could end up going through a Pompey style fiasco.

Players like Murphy,Etuhu,Rhodes who are being payed an absolute fortune could be gone for a quarter of their value.

1.5M is a small price to pay to keep things ticking over and then theirs the issue of hiring another manager and shelling out for his staff.

if the club loses in court we would be stuck with Black with no chance of ever seeing the prem league ever again it's a small price to pay.

As much as I despise this annoying little runt and was speaking to my mum about it after lunch she asked where coco had gone? I said probably spending his ill gotten gains I would totally hate if he got more to add to his gains.

The consequences could be huge so I say pay the paltry sum & move on give the new manager the chance to build something good for the future with a clean slate.

Although I have to say even though we will prob settle out of court I can't think of an individual I hate more I hope he burns in hell for what he has done to this once proud club.

It's amazing the relative value of money. It's a life changing amount of cash for you or I.

But, Hell, forget about us, that throwaway £1,000,000 might look like an awful lot of money for Rovers in 2 or 3 years time.

That £1m is short change compared to the money we will lose in the next 12 months. I hate Kean as much as anyone else, but he has got a nailed on case for constructive dismissal IMO, so its better to get it over quickly, pay up, and try to forget ( not forgive) him.

That £1m is short change compared to the money we will lose in the next 12 months. I hate Kean as much as anyone else, but he has got a nailed on case for constructive dismissal IMO, so its better to get it over quickly, pay up, and try to forget ( not forgive) him.

I think you will find the maximum he could claim is the contractual severance agreement amount

Archived