BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean wants 1.5 mil compo

I know I am going to get slaughtered for this but I think settling up for 1.5M is the best way to go.

I as much as anyone have hated everything this evil individual has done to us but the consequences of going to court not knowing one way or the other if the club would win could cause untold irrepearable damage,much to the point we could end up going through a Pompey style fiasco.

Players like Murphy,Etuhu,Rhodes who are being payed an absolute fortune could be gone for a quarter of their value.

1.5M is a small price to pay to keep things ticking over and then theirs the issue of hiring another manager and shelling out for his staff.

if the club loses in court we would be stuck with Black with no chance of ever seeing the prem league ever again it's a small price to pay.

As much as I despise this annoying little runt and was speaking to my mum about it after lunch she asked where coco had gone? I said probably spending his ill gotten gains I would totally hate if he got more to add to his gains.

The consequences could be huge so I say pay the paltry sum & move on give the new manager the chance to build something good for the future with a clean slate.

Although I have to say even though we will prob settle out of court I can't think of an individual I hate more I hope he burns in hell for what he has done to this once proud club.

Thats just so morally wrong. He's set himself up for life and destroyed the club as a viable business in the process. I'd rather torch Ewood to the ground with him in it than pay him blood money.

That £1m is short change compared to the money we will lose in the next 12 months. I hate Kean as much as anyone else, but he has got a nailed on case for constructive dismissal IMO, so its better to get it over quickly, pay up, and try to forget ( not forgive) him.

Can you explain why you think that please Baz?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I am going to get slaughtered for this but I think settling up for 1.5M is the best way to go.

I as much as anyone have hated everything this evil individual has done to us but the consequences of going to court not knowing one way or the other if the club would win could cause untold irrepearable damage,much to the point we could end up going through a Pompey style fiasco.

Players like Murphy,Etuhu,Rhodes who are being payed an absolute fortune could be gone for a quarter of their value.

1.5M is a small price to pay to keep things ticking over and then theirs the issue of hiring another manager and shelling out for his staff.

if the club loses in court we would be stuck with Black with no chance of ever seeing the prem league ever again it's a small price to pay.

As much as I despise this annoying little runt and was speaking to my mum about it after lunch she asked where coco had gone? I said probably spending his ill gotten gains I would totally hate if he got more to add to his gains.

The consequences could be huge so I say pay the paltry sum & move on give the new manager the chance to build something good for the future with a clean slate.

Although I have to say even though we will prob settle out of court I can't think of an individual I hate more I hope he burns in hell for what he has done to this once proud club.

The scumkys have already caused untold damage.

Can you explain why you think that please Baz?

I think the recording from KIng George's Hall is enough evidence. There's the claims Kean made in the press about having nothing to do with incoming signings, and the indication Shebby was telling him who he could and couldn't pick.

£1m is close to the value of his remaining contract, so to avoid this getting messy and dragged through the courts or tribunals it's better IMO to pay him off, and as a club try to move on.

In no way do I feel he deserves it, but I do think this case is pretty clear.

I think the recording from KIng George's Hall is enough evidence. There's the claims Kean made in the press about having nothing to do with incoming signings, and the indication Shebby was telling him who he could and couldn't pick.

£1m is close to the value of his remaining contract, so to avoid this getting messy and dragged through the courts or tribunals it's better IMO to pay him off, and as a club try to move on.

In no way do I feel he deserves it, but I do think this case is pretty clear.

Rem he resigned... he wasn't sacked.

Also can Keans claims be proven? I doubt it. imo the strange statement about him not seeing the new players was him preparing the ground for his resignation. As for recordings how about the Hong Kong one? That drunken rant has demeaned the club and probably put it in the dock. Plus he's a convicted drink driver and a confessed gold smuggler. And thats apart from being a sh1t manager and costing the club an absolute mint.

• Backroom

If the case hangs on such things as Shebby's various remarks or transfers over his head, why did Kean not resign after Shebby's first statement? Or once the transfers were made? He continued to work for (I think) 7 games of the season.

• Backroom

In regards to the Hong Kong video, won't Venky's complete lack of action (am I right in thinking no disciplinary action whatsoever was taken) in regards to the video leak render any usage of it in court weak at best?

Archived